Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Summer 2023 Transfer Window Thread

Golden Arrow

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Agreed, reckon we have a good shout to have the worst owners and manager in the league, expect more outgoings of first team regulars in next 3 weeks.
Depleting the first XI would be suicidal right now which I can't see Fosun in their infinite wisdom doing somehow, unless "the Project" (what happened to that) includes a journey back to the nether regions.

Monketron

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yes, imagine you spend a year scouting for players, then do it again for a smaller budget, then got told don't bother we have no money. Soul destroying

Yep, may as well go to a club that will actually use your talents. The guy left Arsenal for us, he didn't do that to just sit and rot but to progress his career. GL to him at City.

jrpb-3

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Don’t worry I’m sure Jeff will be able to step up and do the job of scout as well

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Exactly the point I was making the other day. Why should anyone with talent/ambition stay at Wolves?

Shi's complete incompetence and Fosun's financial position are going do serious damage to far more than the playing side of the club.
Yup, second rate infrastructure won't recruit future quality players.

goldeneyed

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I do hope Shi, Guo and Co are paying attention to the size of the bids Brighton are receiving for players on the back of a couple of very good seasons.

Spending money doesn't only add new players, it can help increase the value of those already there. If we finish 6th next season, our squad is worth hundreds of millions... if we get relegated, it's worth a pittance.

Is Cucurella really that much better than RAN? Is Caicedo really that much better than Mattheus? I don't think so, but the fees mentioned (or actually paid in Brightons case) are drastically different.

If you want to make money - be successful.

If you want to be successful - spend money.
Very good point - the huge figures Brighton ar getting for their players puts our own pathetic efforts into the spotlight. We got lucky with Neves at £47m thanks to the Saudis but I reckon without that we would have sold a world class player for £30m. Coady available to Everton for £3.5m was it? While he was still in the England squad. That rose to £7.5m to Leicester but still very cheap imv. Collins - we basically got our money back with perhaps a tiny profit. Raul - £5.5m- really? Ridiculously cheap. Even Sanderson £2m is perhaps half what we should have got for a player established in a Championship team. Giles-£5m again cheap after a storming season.

The big six reserves go for huge sums these days. Arsenal want £50m for Balogun for instance.
Brighton's recruitment has been amazing and the sums they are getting on transfers are astronomical. I see we have just lost our chief first team scout to Man City....hardly surprising when all his recommendations have led to a big zero coming in this summer barring Doc on a free and a free Shrewsbury goalie. Brighton alone are overtaking us soon to be followed by the mighty Brentford ....and others the way we are going.

Flaneur

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yet he joined us from Arsenal. We had a "project" then...
Yep. A very rare occurrence, but I think Fabrizio got the name wrong weirdly enough and it's Ben Wrigglesworth who has moved to City - Mark Ridgway appears to hold a media role at Wolves and not a scouting one :sweatsmile:

Back
Top Bottom