Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Summer 2023 Transfer Window Thread

SanFranWolf

Transfer summary thread supremo
Reaction score
If anything sums up the current state of Wolves, it’s Adama Traore refusing to sign a new contract for years only to end up going to Fulham on a free transfer.

...and then us watching as he lines up against Creswell and promptly plants a ball right onto Raul's head for a goal...

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
...and then us watching as he lines up against Creswell and promptly plants a ball right onto Raul's head for a goal...
I'd say that, and Scott scoring against us for Bournemouth, are so typically Wolvesy as to be worth lumping on.

Tring Wolf

MolMix Poster of the Season Winner 2011-2012 and r
Reaction score
Decent signing for Fulham on a free. Hope he and Raul both do well there, except for when they play against us obviously.

Bit of a comedown for Adama, Raul and Coady (for various different reasons) from where they were 3 years ago.

Skrilla

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
No not really....just been offered a new role at the club......it's not directly related to first team as such.....but it is an important role at the club....

Hopefully be in a position to say early September if not before.......

I'm proud so dying to say but can't ...... obviously...
Can you play centre back per chance?

arctic rime

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
No not really....just been offered a new role at the club......it's not directly related to first team as such.....but it is an important role at the club....

Good luck

Skrilla

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
On a serious note, not at all bothered by the loss of Adama now it's "officially" confirmed. We're a better team without him, he makes us far too one-dimensional and offered nothing off the ball. Thank you for that excellent 19-20 season, and good luck.

WolvesAndCows

Has a lot to say
Reaction score

You've been appointed to give Molineux a lick of paint?

DanishWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Is Elvedi actually any good? I’ve kind of jumped on the band wagon and suddenly thought “actually I have no clue about him and he might be ****ing ****”.
Yes..
Very reliable defender. His main strenght is his reading of the game. He's a very calm defender. He's also quite good on the ball, despite being quite a big lad.

Reactions: Ned

Matt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not sure how that's a stick to beat Wolves with.

He's going to get a signing on fee, probably increases his wages, lives in London, gets regular football.

He was a bench player for us
I think losing players on a free transfer to Fulham is a bad look (another one), personally.

AndyY

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
guedes is due to be moved on loan, may be that frees up some wages who ****ing knows. I still only have the following, hobbs marketing podence out, podence happy to see out contract unless he gets the wage he requires or the "team" he feels is to his standard.. european football etc bigger club.

Still outgoings likely with others to be moved on in the form of loans out and other sales for fringe.

Nothing on Ran right now
If we are going to move Podence on and get a fee for him, we may have to pay some of his bloody wages.
I guess it’s a balance of the fee we earn now and what we have to lay out to support the wages he wants versus paying his wages for the season, losing the potential fee but playing him. Complicated.

ISTR that we were paying some of Guedes wages whilst he was on loan last season.

Really hope the outgoings are confined to being from just the Podence, Jonny, Semedo, Hwang, Sa group, along with a few u21s on loan.

It is all cr@p.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If we are going to move Podence on and get a fee for him, we may have to pay some of his bloody wages.
I guess it’s a balance of the fee we earn now and what we have to lay out to support the wages he wants versus paying his wages for the season, losing the potential fee but playing him. Complicated.

ISTR that we were paying some of Guedes wages whilst he was on loan last season.

Really hope the outgoings are confined to being from just the Podence, Jonny, Semedo, Hwang, Sa group, along with a few u21s on loan.

It is all cr@p.
Re your penultimate para there is no way on God's earth that l'd want Sa to go without a decent guaranteed replacement. Bentley is nowhere near good enough to be a PL starter let alone that King would then be the backup.

JohnB

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Just create a new Mix handle so you can get pelters from others challenging if you are itk……

PS - congrats.

Axle

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

When you join will your new username be Heron?

Cookyssweetleftfoot

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
No not really....just they have been offered a new role at the club......it's not directly related to first team as such.....but it is an important role at the club....

Congratulations

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Job has been a nightmare, the weather has been ****, got stuck out in Rhodes during the wildfires and I’ve torn my rotator cuff playing tennis, so thank god I’ve had all of our exciting signings to lift my summer mood lol
When it rains it pours eh?

Chris H

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
No, I think you are right. The team that beat Rennes looked great. Strong, positive, attacking. But its a bit thin and I have no faith in O'Neill or the new coaching staff. Hope to be proved wrong. Shame we play United and Brighton first up. The lads need confidence, that comes from winning.
I don’t even think it’s particularly thin.

We started the game with:

Sa; Semedo, Dawson, Kilman, RAN; Neto, Lemina, Hodge, Nunes; Cunha, Sarabia

Ended it with:

King; Jonny, Dawson, Toti, Bueno; Doherty, Traore, Gomes, Hwang; Silva, Kalajdzic

Looking at that (and swapping King for Bentley as 2nd choice) I don’t think the 2nd XI is that bad at all for a non sky 6 side depth wise. Clearly it needs a CB, you’d maybe say it’s a CM short if Nunes is going to be a wide player or it’s a wide player short if Nunes is seen as a CM now by O’Neil.

Doherty obviously isn’t a RM but Podence was unused on the bench so if he is to remain he covers there and Doherty replaces Jonny assuming he moves on.

It’s a squad that for half a season carried decent midtable form, has lost Neves and what had mostly become fringe players and replaced them with returning players from injury and loans.

It’s genuinely a CB short of being absolutely fine depth wise for a club in our position. The key issue is that relies on no other first team player moving on without being replaced and that’s where most people’s concerns come from. It also relies on it continuing to be coached and used correctly to the strengths of our key players.

Despite the horrible negativity hanging around everything off field at the moment the squad isn’t in as bad a shape as the current narrative suggests.

If we could add a CB and close the window now I’d take that given all the **** going on.

De Wolfs Mullet

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
No not really....just they have been offered a new role at the club......it's not directly related to first team as such.....but it is an important role at the club....

Was it you that had a family member involved with the physio side of the club?

Back
Top Bottom