Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Summer 2023 Transfer Window Thread

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yep.

I really think people have to get their heads around the worst case scenario. Everything they tell us is a lie.

In my opinion, we need to expect the worst. They are selling whoever they get offers for. They are putting nothing in. FFP is the excuse but we know it's not the case, and it can only wash for one window anyway.

We need a sale desperately.
Well that’s not the case is it. Realistically we’ve lost one guaranteed starter in neves plus a load of squad players. If we were selling any player we got an offer for then several others would be gone. It would make no financial sense to do that either because as the Albion have showed, dropping out the premier league significantly affects a sale value, currently they’re looking at a £170 million loss at the poorthornes and still can’t sell it

Minimalist

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

These are saying we're back in for Cresswell and looks like a deal is on (mentioned 1min 40 seconds in)
I just don’t get the desire to buy Cresswell.
Even if RAN and Jonny leave i still think it would be better to go for Elvedi and allow Toti to cover lb.

Only thing I can think is they want Mosquera to be our 4th cb when he returns in January.

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Well that’s not the case is it. Realistically we’ve lost one guaranteed starter in neves plus a load of squad players. If we were selling any player we got an offer for then several others would be gone. It would make no financial sense to do that either because as the Albion have showed, dropping out the premier league significantly affects a sale value, currently they’re looking at a £170 million loss at the poorthornes and still can’t sell it

I don't think they care one bit about the long-term.

To me, they look in a desperate situation. We have three centre-backs ffs!

Let's see who else goes before the deadline.

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I just don’t get the desire to buy Cresswell.
Even if RAN and Jonny leave i still think it would be better to go for Elvedi and allow Toti to cover lb.

Only thing I can think is they want Mosquera to be our 4th cb when he returns in January.
October mosequera could be back ...but I still think we will get elvidi

Matt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We can't sell either. Guedes is injured, and will go back to Benfica on loan. No-one wants podence, or he prefers to see his contract out like Adama.

No, if anyone goes it will be players we would prefer to keep. And it's not odd. Fosun need the money.
It is odd, because that’s not what Tim Spiers is saying.

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I don't think they care one bit about the long-term.

To me, they look in a desperate situation. We have three centre-backs ffs!

Let's see who else goes before the deadline.
if they’re desperate they sell the club, not the players as ones worth more than the others. Fosun as a group are in a financial hole but we’re such a tiny tiny part we don’t affect their amount of debt or indeed the servicing of it

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
if they’re desperate they sell the club, not the players as ones worth more than the others. Fosun as a group are in a financial hole but we’re such a tiny tiny part we don’t affect their amount of debt or indeed the servicing of it
We clearly impact that some way, because after selling £90m worth of players, they want to sell even more, not bring anyone in, and increase our chances of relegation!

Last edited:

lobodelsur

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think they are scrambling around trying to save Fosun as a whole, I don't think they'll be too worried what happens to us
I don't disagree, but we are a tiny dot on their radar into which they have sunk a significant sum of money which will surely be lost if they asset-strip.

rincewind

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

YouGottaRaulWithIt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It is odd, because that’s not what Tim Spiers is saying.
Spiers said no money for new players, but to expect more outgoing. I don't know anymore than anyone else, but given the way its going, I suspect the likes of Ait Nouri, Silva and Kilman to be next.

I really, really hope to be wrong.

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Spiers said no money for new players, but to expect more outgoing. I don't know anymore than anyone else, but given the way its going, I suspect the likes of Ait Nouri, Silva and Kilman to be next.

How does Spiers nw exactly.... shouldn't he be writing about Kane and Bayern Munich....

lobodelsur

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It’s guess work on my part but it’s the only thing I can think of that matches and joins up the narrative. Lots of people are saying we shouldn’t have FFP trouble considering sales to date but the club are telling reporters we do.
It makes (very depressing) sense tho'. But, (and I'm no financial guru), isn't underwriting simply guaranteeing or insuring our debts ? So there would be little immediate financial benefit for Fosun to withdraw that underwriting ?

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Is that correct?
I thought the point at which we could recall him before the end of their season had already passed??
Not sure how it works... but the season finishes in October.....can we keep a foreign place for him....I don't nw if we can.....if we name him

Think we will sign a centre back anyway........and maybe a loan.....but I might be hoping ...

Bawtry Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It makes (very depressing) sense tho'. But, (and I'm no financial guru), isn't underwriting simply guaranteeing or insuring our debts ? So there would be little immediate financial benefit for Fosun to withdraw that underwriting ?
I think that’s the case but whether they want to given their credit issues elsewhere I don’t know. I wouldn’t put it past them just to be pig headed.

In Shi’s letter he says it’s a ‘benign’ problem. It doesn’t look very benign from where I’m looking.

luiandlui

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
We clearly need to be sold ASAP in my opinion. I dread to think what the clowns in charge are going to do before the transfer deadline. Many more sales and we are in serious trouble this coming season.
Fosun have no intention of selling. Just to see out their current financial problems. It could be that the next few years are just about staying up before investment can begin again

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

The glass half full type might say we still have players like Jonny and Podence in the outbound waiting room, and we could bring in more freebies and loans.

The glass half empty type might say Kilman, RAN and Silva might be sold and replaced cheaply with the likes of Cresswell and Elvedi, and we will make do with Cunha and Sasa up front.

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Fosun have no intention of selling. Just to see out their current financial problems. It could be that the next few years are just about staying up before investment can begin again

Fosun aren’t investing again. This summer is all about repaying what we spent last summer and in January. Sure we will likely spend a little more next season if we stay up, but it will be self funded, as it has been since the end of the first season in the PL.

tonto

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The glass half full type might say we still have players like Jonny and Podence in the outbound waiting room, and we could bring in more freebies and loans.

The glass half empty type might say Kilman, RAN and Silva might be sold and replaced cheaply with the likes of Cresswell and Elvedi, and we will make do with Cunha and Sasa up front.
My ****ing glass is bone dry with a crack in the bottom

ade123

Reaction score
Source?
I thought it was about 10 billion dollars .
Point still valid though
Thing is Fosun will have the debt tied up in corporate bonds which become repayable over different time periods either as 100% of that particular bond issue or as a dividend on that bond. What they need to service for the particular period will be different each time depending on the bond rate and if its reached maturity. So £90 million could be a significant contributor to what is owed at that particular time. For Fosun failure to pay the total debt for the period would probably mean they default and their credit rating would be lowered meaning their borrowing costs rise.

Back
Top Bottom