Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Summer 2023 Transfer Window Thread

Hawkguy

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
You posted a picture of it a while back. A lad dressed up in a dog costume is not something you often see on the Mix so I remembered it.
Haha I do not remember that, but very cool of you to remember!

That’s well cool! You do know you're going to have to put up a pic of that poster now.
This is so off topic, lol

For some reason I can't add click the image thing on my phone

Supadavewolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
In that case, unless we get new owners our Premier League days are well and truly numbered.
It's been a great run, what is it - 6 consecutive seasons?

If we sell solid players/young upcoming players, such as Kilman, Nunes and Fabio, I think the run ends next May.

Transferring and loaning youngsters such as Sanderson, Hoever and Chiquinho simply makes no sense given Fosun appear to be financially - how shall I put it? - ****ed?

Longford Wolf

Reaction score
True and your point? So my average travel costs each season over £2k, how much air fare from Canada?
My point is that people travel further than you, but don’t bring it up every time someone from Canada has a different opinion .
I haven’t got a clue how much the air from Canada is, you should know it’s your obsession.

DanishWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Because Fosun are not underwriting the rolling £105m loss therefore we can only lose £15m over 3 years. So we need to find approx £100-£105m this year.
And presuming they don't do it next year as well, it means that Jeffs talk about us being in a much better position to sign players next summer is nonsense? Not, that we need to make a profit of £100 mio there, but we can't really spend much either.

Minimalist

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
You could well be right, but I don't get why you would sell the family silver, only to be left with a worthless cutlery tray?

As we are an investment in Fosun's portfolio, I would have thought they'd do everything in their power to keep the capital value of the investment high, not risk its value dropping like a stone if and when we get relegated.
I heard on the radio that the Chinese economy is in a bad way and they expect it to remain so for another 6 months. Business plan to just ride it out.
It may be the case that Fosun are just running their interests in the most economical way possible for this period of time.
They haven’t “asset stripped” they seem to just be trying to trim as much as possible of the things that aren’t imperative to operations and maintaining premier league status.
IMO we could still sell Jordao, Bolla Jonny and Podence leaving is with a small high quality squad. Would be a risk if we incur lots of injuries, but there is only 20 prem games till the January window opens.

If the likes of killman, nunes and Silva are sold without top quality replacements..... I admit even I will start getting a bit panicky!!

Rhoswolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
My point is that people travel further than you, but don’t bring it up every time someone from Canada has a different opinion .
I haven’t got a clue how much the air from Canada is, you should know it’s your obsession.
:) :)

Bugsy911

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We didn't sell Max to Napoli because a) I think Lop put his foot down and b) the cash position of Fosun is changing on almost a daily basis.
Expect more sales. Expect the money to go straight to China to pay Fosun's debts/bonds as they fall due. Expect the FA/PL to stand by and watch it happen.

Fosun is a company built purely on debt. The Chinese economy is contracting sharply and Fosun are in deep ****.
The value of Wolves we contract and lose them even more money of they continue to asset strip and get us relegated.

Bawtry Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
In that case, unless we get new owners our Premier League days are well and truly numbered.
It’s guess work on my part but it’s the only thing I can think of that matches and joins up the narrative. Lots of people are saying we shouldn’t have FFP trouble considering sales to date but the club are telling reporters we do.

Warrington_Wolf

Reaction score
If we don’t have ANY money to spend on transfers then why did we bother bidding for Elvedi and Scott?

For me, that proves that it’s not FFP holding us back, it’s a sudden change in approach by FOSUN in the last few weeks and that was probably what prompted the Lopetugui interview and his decision to walk away.

What has led to FOSUN doing a 180 we will never know - same as we will never know why they decided to turn on the taps last August to buy Nunes, Guedes etc. after repeatedly saying that we were taking a ‘sell to buy’ approach.

It’s the mixed messages that are frustrating for the fans and clearly Lopetegui. But I think it’s the big guns at FOSUN over in China that are dictating policy to the Wolves board, which in a way is actually more concerning.

stever

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Methinks someone needs to wake up and smell the coffee.....

I really hope that you are right though.
We're ****ed to spend money cause of what we've wasted on poor signings.. the owners aren't gonna strip the assets away if they want to sell and get a decent price.. they're business people not traffic wardens

Rhyl Wolf

Reaction score
I heard on the radio that the Chinese economy is in a bad way and they expect it to remain so for another 6 months. Business plan to just ride it out.
It may be the case that Fosun are just running their interests in the most economical way possible for this period of time.
They haven’t “asset stripped” they seem to just be trying to trim as much as possible of the things that aren’t imperative to operations and maintaining premier league status.
IMO we could still sell Jordao, Bolla Jonny and Podence leaving is with a small high quality squad. Would be a risk if we incur lots of injuries, but there is only 20 prem games till the January window opens.

If the likes of killman, nunes and Silva are sold without top quality replacements..... I admit even I will start getting a bit panicky!!
My take on the state of affairs too. We shall see.

"The club is a long-term project and an important one for Fosun," said Shi. 04/08.2023. We shall see.

Wasn't there some noise about potential American investment? We can but hope.

Joshwolf218

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
If we don’t have ANY money to spend on transfers then why did we bother bidding for Elvedi and Scott?

For me, that proves that it’s not FFP holding us back, it’s a sudden change in approach by FOSUN in the last few weeks and that was probably what prompted the Lopetugui interview and his decision to walk away.

What has led to FOSUN doing a 180 we will never know - same as we will never know why they decided to turn on the taps last August to buy Nunes, Guedes etc. after repeatedly saying that we were taking a ‘sell to buy’ approach.

It’s the mixed messages that are frustrating for the fans and clearly Lopetegui. But I think it’s the big guns at FOSUN over in China that are dictating policy to the Wolves board, which in a way is actually more concerning.
Because chinas economy is as a whole and they are debt ladened with increasing interest rates. I bet there is money one minute and it's gone the next

Matt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Who plays CB if we do that
I know, but if we’re in such financial difficulties we’d be left with little choice but to sell him, surely? It still all doesn’t quite add up for me.

Woburn Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Maybe not interested coming in 5 days before the start of the season either.

There's other managers I'd prefer, by far, but there weren't coming. No chance.
I agree re other managers but I thought Potter was a realistic target for the reasons stated. As you say he may not have fancied it but I would have been surprised.

Joshwolf218

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I agree re other managers but I thought Potter was a realistic target for the reasons stated. As you say he may not have fancied it but I would have been surprised.

Potter commanded a 10million of plus salary at Chelsea

He's also had lots of resources to work with.

Don't think he would fancy coming here tbh

tonto

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

You assume that there was intent to buy not just posturing to keep the manager happy

tonto

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
My take on the state of affairs too. We shall see.

"The club is a long-term project and an important one for Fosun," said Shi. 04/08.2023. We shall see.

Wasn't there some noise about potential American investment? We can but hope.
I would not bother with anything said it’s very likely not true

T

TheConcourse

We better hope for a sale ASAP.

Absolutely nothing points towards progress, and at this stage, believe it or not, I actually feel sorry for O’Neil.

Obviously just a cheap fall guy until the next one on the conveyor belt rocks up.

Did we seriously bet the whole house - the future of the club - on Nunes, Cunha and Gonçalo ****ing Guedes?

I’m really not sure who I hate more: Shi or Mendes.

Hawkguy

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I know, but if we’re in such financial difficulties we’d be left with little choice but to sell him, surely? It still all doesn’t quite add up for me.
I don't think it's that bad anymore. But a couple more small sales would still really help going forward since we spent so much in the last 12 months.

But that's just my outlook. Could be wrong.

Woburn Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yep.

I really think people have to get their heads around the worst case scenario. Everything they tell us is a lie.

In my opinion, we need to expect the worst. They are selling whoever they get offers for. They are putting nothing in. FFP is the excuse but we know it's not the case, and it can only wash for one window anyway.

We need a sale desperately.
They did not sell Kilman.

tonto

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I wonder if the new owners will bring in there own management team
At least this lot being English won’t need to move countries

Matt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I don't think it's that bad anymore. But a couple more small sales would still really help going forward since we spent so much in the last 12 months.

But that's just my outlook. Could be wrong.
Yeah I’m just going from that clip from Tim Spiers saying we still need to sell. Hopefully it’s just another sale of Guedes/Podence and we’re good. It just all seems a bit odd, imo.

MikeH68

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Away on holiday but seeing sky sports transfer News in a bar:
Arsenal £208 million spent
Villa £98 million spent
How? FFP can you hear me now? Where is Delia when you need her??? Ps had a beer and a few ****tails

Woburn Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
You could well be right, but I don't get why you would sell the family silver, only to be left with a worthless cutlery tray?

As we are an investment in Fosun's portfolio, I would have thought they'd do everything in their power to keep the capital value of the investment high, not risk its value dropping like a stone if and when we get relegated.
Or more likely sell us pretty damned quick.

YouGottaRaulWithIt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yeah I’m just going from that clip from Tim Spiers saying we still need to sell. Hopefully it’s just another sale of Guedes/Podence and we’re good. It just all seems a bit odd, imo.
We can't sell either. Guedes is injured, and will go back to Benfica on loan. No-one wants podence, or he prefers to see his contract out like Adama.

No, if anyone goes it will be players we would prefer to keep. And it's not odd. Fosun need the money.

Woburn Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Potter commanded a 10million of plus salary at Chelsea

He's also had lots of resources to work with.

Don't think he would fancy coming here tbh
That was then, this is now. The best he could currently hope for is a mid table Premier League team, like us!!

Chisels_n_ommers

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

These are saying we're back in for Cresswell and looks like a deal is on (mentioned 1min 40 seconds in)

Joshwolf218

Has a lot to say
Reaction score

These are saying we're back in for Cresswell and looks like a deal is on (mentioned 1min 40 seconds in)
Hopwfulmy
It's because ait nouri is deemed a winger option rather than a sale

I understand he might want to go back to France etc. I haven't seen his parents in a while tbh (cousins neighbours)

Back
Top Bottom