Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Summer 2023 Transfer Window Thread

old wittonian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Because he is not being truthful about our financial situation.
Killman would represent 30 million profit. Along with neves sale that is 60 million profit. We have already banked 93 million from all the sales.

This is more than ffp and i don't for one minute believe shi's open letter.

If we sold killman none of the money would be reinvested. Then they will sell nunes, fabio and gomes. 26 million has come off the wage bill too but still we apparently need to sell.

This goes beyond ffp because fosun are in financial distress. They are asset stripping.
Aren't there also the MGW & Boly add ons from Forest

Rhoswolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Do you think this is the only sport I watch? Not to mention, I've been to about 15 Canada games in the last few years.

I see a lot of sports live. And while you're right, there's more emotion and fun going to a live game, I'd wager it's far easier to pay attention and analyze a game on video. There's pros and cons to each viewing experience.

However, Wolves playing poorly ruins my days in different ways. I have to watch them at 7am or 10am usually, and then my entire day is ruined. To imply there's no emotion makes zero sense. Just check out the comms thread during a game and tell me that's not an over emotional bunch.
Do you think this is the only sport I watch? Not to mention, I've been to about 15 Canada games in the last few years.

I see a lot of sports live. And while you're right, there's more emotion and fun going to a live game, I'd wager it's far easier to pay attention and analyze a game on video. There's pros and cons to each viewing experience.

However, Wolves playing poorly ruins my days in different ways. I have to watch them at 7am or 10am usually, and then my entire day is ruined. To imply there's no emotion makes zero sense. Just check out the comms thread during a game and tell me that's not an over emotional bunch.
You really need to attend a couple of games to understand, you have no idea. Offer remains about ticket in South Bank, will leave it there.

Hawkguy

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Perhaps presumptuous would have been a better word. It is a tad irritating for those of us who go to matches to be told trans-Atlantic what we should be thinking.
I'm not telling anyone what they should be thinking. You're free to think how you please. This is a discussion forum for supporters. We all post opinions that we feel are correct.

I love this club with my all heart. And to be quite honest, I don't care if you believe it or not.

WinchWolf

Reaction score
Killman would represent 30 million profit. Along with neves sale that is 60 million profit. We have already banked 93 million from all the sales.

If we sold killman none of the money would be reinvested. Then they will sell nunes, fabio and gomes. 26 million has come off the wage bill too but still we apparently need to sell.

This goes beyond ffp because fosun are in financial distress. They are asset stripping.
I am very very worried. Chinese companies are in huge trouble, anyone think Shi won't comeback, Hobbs left in charge and Fosun effectively pulled the plug? I hope not.

StaffordWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The club will have brought in over 200m this season with player sales (to date) and PL money, not to mention the wage bill being slashed. Add the money from tickets food drinks etc.

How much are our outgoings if we are still struggling due to FFP? I can't make it make sense.

Supadavewolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
You could well be right, but I don't get why you would sell the family silver, only to be left with a worthless cutlery tray?

As we are an investment in Fosun's portfolio, I would have thought they'd do everything in their power to keep the capital value of the investment high, not risk its value dropping like a stone if and when we get relegated.

Wolf316

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Are we classing wrestling as a sport?(I say this as an AEW fan)

WinchWolf

Reaction score
You could well be right, but I don't get why you would sell the family silver, only to be left with a worthless cutlery tray?

As we are an investment in Fosun's portfolio, I would have thought they'd do everything in their power to keep the capital value of the investment high, not risk its value dropping like a stone if and when we get relegated.
Tbh you're assuming they have the cash flow to continue running it day to day.

Hawkguy

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
You really need to attend a couple of games to understand, you have no idea. Offer remains about ticket in South Bank, will leave it there.
Unfortunately, it's not really that easy for me in my current setup. I work full time and getting time off approved isn't the easiest considering my seniority.

Add in that most games are weekends when I wrestle and it doesn't leave many options.

I will see a game live before I die. But I'm no less of a supporter than you because you've been there live.

I used to scrounge the depths of the internet for any piece of Wolves news because I couldn't see the games over here.

Halesowen wwfc

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I am very very worried. Chinese companies are in huge trouble, anyone think Shi won't comeback, Hobbs left in charge and Fosun effectively pulled the plug? I hope not.
Whos to say we arent already in that situation and we just dont know it yet. We didnt know lops had handed his notice in 2 weeks ago

lobodelsur

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If we lose our PL status Fosun will lose more money (over 200 million) than they will gain by selling some of the big names like Nunes, Kilman etc. It doesn't make any sense, particularly after they heavily financed our relegation fight last season.

WinchWolf

Reaction score
If we lose our PL status Fosun will lose more money (over 200 million) than they will gain by selling some of the big names like Nunes, Kilman etc. It doesn't make any sense, particularly after they heavily financed our relegation fight last season.
I think they are scrambling around trying to save Fosun as a whole, I don't think they'll be too worried what happens to us

WWFC4EVA

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I get the feeling they're that in the **** financially, that all they're bothered about is the now!
They might not even be around to worry about a loss of £200m, if/when it happens.... let's just hope we are!

Perton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The club will have brought in over 200m this season with player sales (to date) and PL money, not to mention the wage bill being slashed. Add the money from tickets food drinks etc.

How much are our outgoings if we are still struggling due to FFP? I can't make it make sense.
It's not FFP anymore, more a cash flow issue due to FOSUN pulling the plug in a financial sense.

Rhoswolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
North Wales is hell of a lot closer than Canada. Others. Probably travel from Cornwall which is in England and further away than you are.
True and your point? So my average travel costs each season over £2k, how much air fare from Canada?

Bawtry Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Because Fosun are not underwriting the rolling £105m loss therefore we can only lose £15m over 3 years. So we need to find approx £100-£105m this year.

Redhillwolf

Reaction score
Jesus, every sodding day seems worse than the last one!
Exactly this….can anybody remember coming on here and reading anything positive since the season ended?! God it’s depressing reading but yet I cling onto the hope that every time I check there will be something to lift the mood….surely please there has to be something soon!!

Oh When the Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
In normal circumstances, selling kilman is exactly what we should do for huge FFP gains.

Right now though you cannot trust fosun at all to bring anyone in, and what player would want to join - so he has to stay

stever

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Go and take a cold shower mate, I think your last sentence is absolute rubbish

Wolf316

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
No probably not, but I'm on a poster with Brutus Beefcake, Mickie James, Tommy Dreamer, and Tatanka for next month, which is pretty cool.
That’s well cool! You do know you're going to have to put up a pic of that poster now.

The Wolf In The North

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Joshwolf218

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Because Fosun are not underwriting the rolling £105m loss therefore we can only lose £15m over 3 years. So we need to find approx £100-£105m this year.

That's a very good point if we can only post a 15mil loss this year due to them not covering the losses then it's a bit bleak as I bet they won't meet commercial targets etc with some people abstaining

Back
Top Bottom