Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Summer 2023 Transfer Window Thread

goldeneyed

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I have completely lost faith in the club's ability to get anything right anymore. Further whimperings about us still wanting Cresswell, a 33 year old player we don't need and whose arrival might mean the loss of or discouragement for either of our excellent young players Ait-Nouri and Bueno who are competing for the left back slot in exactly the way we want. When we supposedly have no money even £3m on him would be criminal.

Premier Quality

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Football insider isn’t particularly reliable though, probably just recycling old material (hopefully anyway!)

rg4352

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Interesting to see if signings do happen now, Lopetegui claiming he wasn’t even allowed free transfers…… If transfers do come in, it would suggest either he was being rather liberal with the truth or Fosun were reluctant to spend with him due to being concerned about his commitment to the club since the summer and now GON is in have loosened the purse strings enough to give him an opportunity to strengthen with who he wants albeit perhaps on a limited budget

old wittonian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I suppose the optimist might think this is to free up RAN to play further forward!

Though given the excepted rumour that RAN wants to return to France for personal reasons, you have to assume this will signal his departure.
Agree. He's likely off.

old wittonian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I can only suspect the lack of transfer activity past few weeks has been because they knew lopetegui was going to go so wanted to wait until the new manager came in before continuing on. I'll be happy to back Gary despite my severe disapproval of his appointment, however his first decisions better not be to sell ait nouri and sign cresswell or any other bs like that, assuming he even has the final say on transfers and isn't just listening to jeff.
You're giving Shi/Fosun too much credit.

The Clock

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
In one of the threads someone mentioned there would be a surprise departure this week.
Can't remember if it was based on some loose itk knowledge or wild speculation.
RAN wouldn't be a surprise really given the recent history.
I'd guess at Cunha.

Agent Cooper

Reaction score
Interesting to see if signings do happen now, Lopetegui claiming he wasn’t even allowed free transfers…… If transfers do come in, it would suggest either he was being rather liberal with the truth or Fosun were reluctant to spend with him due to being concerned about his commitment to the club since the summer and now GON is in have loosened the purse strings enough to give him an opportunity to strengthen with who he wants albeit perhaps on a limited budget
If it's true they agreed a month ago to part ways (when plan B hit the buffers), providing he was willing to prepare the players for the remainder of pre-season then putting transfers on ice was probably the most sensible idea at that point.

Also with hindsight waiting to the end of pre-season before parting ways might have been for the best from the players perspective. Unless they could have parted ways at the end of the season (think Lop was on board with plan B at that point though) imagine how unsettling and chaotic for the players changing coach during pre-season would have been.

It's not ideal changing coach days before the season kicks off but at least pre-season seems unaffected, to Lop's credit.

old wittonian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
In one of the threads someone mentioned there would be a surprise departure this week.
I'd guess at Cunha.
Might have been Mile End Wanderer.

WWFC4EVA

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'd guess at Cunha.
My guess would be Fabio.

Bawtry Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
According to Hobbs JL tendered his resignation in the tunnel post Celtic, so there is no way we were going to sign anyone whilst we were looking for a new manager.

It’s also clear that we haven’t started looking until after Celtic so contingency planning was ****. Again

Wolfy McWolf-Face

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
According to Hobbs JL tendered his resignation in the tunnel post Celtic, so there is no way we were going to sign anyone whilst we were looking for a new manager.

It’s also clear that we haven’t started looking until after Celtic so contingency planning was ****. Again

If JL resigned what the hell was the financial package discussion all about? If he wanted out, jog on. Surely we didn't pay significant comp to JL and team if they resigned when we apparently we have no pot to urinate in?!

Only Wolves!

GoldenHorseshoe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If JL resigned what the hell was the financial package discussion all about? If he wanted out, jog on. Surely we didn't pay significant comp to JL and team if they resigned when we apparently we have no pot to urinate in?!

Only Wolves!
Could be:-
If you don't pay me, I'm going to bad mouth the lot of you, if you think my recent statements are not good, you ain't see nothing yet.

Just surmising here, probably a lot more polite.

GoldenHorseshoe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I have completely lost faith in the club's ability to get anything right anymore. Further whimperings about us still wanting Cresswell, a 33 year old player we don't need and whose arrival might mean the loss of or discouragement for either of our excellent young players Ait-Nouri and Bueno who are competing for the left back slot in exactly the way we want. When we supposedly have no money even £3m on him would be criminal.
Here's another one on manual ignore...

Oops :grimacing:

Bawtry Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
My guess would be Fabio.
Don’t think that would be a surprise and would be contrary to Jeff’s letter which talks about buying young players to develop into the team.

Not that I trust Jeff and fully expect him to completely change his tune and then claim he’d meant this all along.

My guess would be Cunha or Neto.

Willywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Interesting that in Hobbs’ interview about being excited for Gary O Neil taking over, he talks about the Celtic game and Julen being happy for the club to be interviewing people. Says Julen and his team continued to work hard knowing that these talks were ongoing, which suggests this has been known about for weeks. Could this be why no moves in the transfer market?

Oldgold Wolfcub

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Right Lop is off so who is free at the moment and cheap and allows us to come up with a good story that will 'snow' the people. Job done.

Oldgold Wolfcub

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Don’t think that would be a surprise and would be contrary to Jeff’s letter which talks about buying young players to develop into the team.

Not that I trust Jeff and fully expect him to completely change his tune and then claim he’d meant this all along.

My guess would be Cunha or Neto.
Yep I will buy into that young policy so welcome Cresswell who can mentor Doherty and maybe get rid of old pharts like Ran. Do you possibly think I am gullible?

Wolf316

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Interesting that in Hobbs’ interview about being excited for Gary O Neil taking over, he talks about the Celtic game and Julen being happy for the club to be interviewing people. Says Julen and his team continued to work hard knowing that these talks were ongoing, which suggests this has been known about for weeks. Could this be why no moves in the transfer market?
They knew for weeks and O Neil was the best they could come up with? **** me it’s no wonder Julen didn’t want to work with this bunch of clowns.

rincewind

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
They knew for weeks and O Neil was the best they could come up with? **** me it’s no wonder Julen didn’t want to work with this bunch of clowns.
JL would have happily worked for 'this bunch of clowns ' if they'd come up with £50 million. Whatever went wrong it wasn't an argument over sporting principles.

Back
Top Bottom