Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Summer 2023 Transfer Window Thread

Jefe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Replacing RAN with Cresswell would be the cherry on top of the icing on top of a cake made of absolute dog**** kind of week.
It would also mean we've gone from not even being able to sign free agents, to suddenly being able to spend money on players the moment Lopetegui leaves...

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
You don’t have a source
Okay so got Coady leaving right also before hit the media.

You clearly have an agenda against me Lopetegui left and my source was right despite me wanting him to be wrong. Very sorry. I guess @Mutchy will now be monitoring your bullying behaviour

Last edited:

Arc

Groupie
Reaction score
I can only suspect the lack of transfer activity past few weeks has been because they knew lopetegui was going to go so wanted to wait until the new manager came in before continuing on. I'll be happy to back Gary despite my severe disapproval of his appointment, however his first decisions better not be to sell ait nouri and sign cresswell or any other bs like that, assuming he even has the final say on transfers and isn't just listening to jeff.

DanishWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I can only suspect the lack of transfer activity past few weeks has been because they knew lopetegui was going to go so wanted to wait until the new manager came in before continuing on. I'll be happy to back Gary despite my severe disapproval of his appointment, however his first decisions better not be to sell ait nouri and sign cresswell or any other bs like that, assuming he even has the final say on transfers and isn't just listening to jeff.

But if we sign players now (without selling) wouldnt that be a huge insult to both Lopetegui and us as fans? We had the best manager in a long time, and he went because we didnt sign anyone. Then as soon as he leaves, we sign players...
If thats the case, Fosun might as well just have backed him the first place..

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He will have zero say and will take what he's given.

theweave

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
But if we sign players now (without selling) wouldnt that be a huge insult to both Lopetegui and us as fans? We had the best manager in a long time, and he went because we didnt sign anyone. Then as soon as he leaves, we sign players...
It depends, if we've only got 20 million to spend and Lopetegui was insisting on trying to buy Scott then now maybe we can buy a couple of 10 million players instead?

JamesWolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Yep its extremely petty

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Maybe lopetugui was adamant about Alex Scott.....maybe nw he has gone the club has moved in and will bring some of the deals in.....

Maybe lopetugui was blocking them in favour of Scott ...

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The two words in brackets are key. I expect two to four of our best players to leave and a smaller number of inferior cheaper replacements to arrive.

DanishWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Question - why would O'Neil want what were essentially Lopetegui's targets?
Answer: Because he will do do as he is told.
And because Creswell and Antonio (as Doc) was never Lopeteguis but Hobbs targets..
I simply can't imagine Lopetegui with all his knowledge and contacts having Creswell and Antonio on top of his list...

Derbywolf85

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
So help me God, if Jeff has let the highest profile coach we've had walk because of a disagreement on transfer policy and perceived lack of backing only to give that backing to the lowest profile coach we've had in decades I will personally find him and switch off his freezer whilst he's out the house so everything in it goes off.

rv66

Reaction score
What if……… JLo contract meant he had to give approval for any incomings……… Players were being presented, kept saying No….. then does an interview saying No incomings so he wants out…… Be interesting if there is any movement now………

NJWolves69

Groupie
Reaction score
So did any potential transfers stall because of the clubs uncertainty with JL? Ballague’s narrative was that we can’t even afford guys on a free, but that doesn’t sound the case with the Cresswell/Elvedi links this morning…

Cresswell in RAN out would be diabolical by the way.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It depends, if we've only got 20 million to spend and Lopetegui was insisting on trying to buy Scott then now maybe we can buy a couple of 10 million players instead?
There might be some truth in this. My concern is where the £20M is to come from.

Corporate Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Just wait for the meltdown on here when the first rumours start about Wolves interested in Bournemouth's "dynamic midfielder Philip Biling"

Derbywolf85

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
There might be some truth in this. My concern is where the £20M is to come from.

I maintain that FFP is no longer THE Problem (it was, until we sold £95M worth of players). Now it's about Fosun tightening the purse strings.

There could be some truth to the idea that we could buy a couple of cheapo players now J-LO has gone instead of spaffing the lot on one player.

GoldenHorseshoe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

JOSEPH AIDOO | Celtic of Vigo Gary O'Neil wants Joseph Aidoo for his new project at Wolverhampton TODAY morning Celta de Vigo received a call from the Premier League team asking for the center back NO FORMAL OFFER❌

All of a sudden we're interested in players hmm
I have a feeling that Lopetegui’s lack of commitment has been going on for quite some time, so Wolves being reticent to providing new players to a coach uncertain about his continuation is not too surprising. Remember also how well he was backed in January.
P.s. I do know about the June announcement saying he was staying, but wasn't 100% convinced at the time.

GoldenHorseshoe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
No it wouldn't necessarily be an insult, maybe they didn't trust him.

SuperGran

Off with her head!
Reaction score
I have a feeling that Lopetegui’s lack of commitment has been going on for quite some time, so Wolves being reticent to providing new players to a coach uncertain about his continuation is not too surprising. Remember also how well he was backed in January.
P.s. I do know about the June announcement saying he was staying, but wasn't 100% convinced at the time.
The fact that it was Hobbs announcement in June not lopetegui told its own story

DanishWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
No it wouldn't necessarily be an insult, maybe they didn't trust him.
To stay you mean? Yeah I get the argument that you dont let a manager spend money if he's out the door shorthly.
But the whole reason Lopetegui wanted to go, was the he couldn't spend any money....

Premier Quality

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
How do you know he/she is making it up, bit presumptuous.
Because he always has “news from his source” a couple of hours after other people have said the same thing.

And the other day it looked like JL was on his way, so he jumped in with “he’s gone”, only to find out there was a meeting the following day to talk about it all, he backtracked and nothing was announced until over 24 hours later.

He’s just a chancer trying to look like he knows something.

GoldenHorseshoe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
To stay you mean? Yeah I get the argument that you dont let a manager spend money if he's out the door shorthly.
But the whole reason Lopetegui wanted to go, was the he couldn't spend any money....
Could be, but I don't think the full story is widely known yet.
What is reasonably clear is that it's been going on for a fair length of time, and I take a tiny amount of comfort in;
A) the players must have felt the uncertainty.
B) They've performed pretty well last few weeks, which IMO, demonstrates their professionalism.

Very Proud (AKA Still Proud)

Prouder than a proud thing in Proudville
Reaction score
I remember when we went from Robbie Keane >>>>> Ade Akinbyie >>>>>> Robert Taylor we need to be very careful for the next link in the chain, unless Fosun are selling and don't give a damn of course.

Tezthewolvesfan

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Because he always has “news from his source” a couple of hours after other people have said the same thing.

And the other day it looked like JL was on his way, so he jumped in with “he’s gone”, only to find out there was a meeting the following day to talk about it all, he backtracked and nothing was announced until over 24 hours later.

He’s just a chancer trying to look like he knows something.
Just put on ignore then mate.

GoldenHorseshoe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Just put on ignore then mate.
I don't know why posters can't ignore without "putting on ignore".

There are numerous people who irritate me, just as I must irritate them, but I prefer to read and 'manually' ignore.

(I admit to having exceptions to this rule such as JOS, North Norfolk etc.) :smile:

DanishWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Could be, but I don't think the full story is widely known yet.
What is reasonably clear is that it's been going on for a fair length of time, and I take a tiny amount of comfort in;
A) the players must have felt the uncertainty.
B) They've performed pretty well last few weeks, which IMO, demonstrates their professionalism.
C) They'll now be playing even better to impress any potential suitors, to make sure they get a move out of here asap....

Back
Top Bottom