Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Summer 2023 Transfer Window Thread

Asthmatic Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
You could argue that. Equally you could argue that Maguire (and Southgate) have been part of teams that have reached Semi finals and Finals major international tournament…

You can prove anything with facts…

Actually, I will bite on ‘bang average’. He is so clearly a very good footballer. You don’t do the above and play for a top 6 side for years on end as a ‘bang average’ footballer. Max Kilman is a ‘bang average’ premiership central defender (as is Craig Dawson).
Phil Jones played for a top six side for 12 years

Wellington Wolf

Groupie
Reaction score
We have to keep Fabio. I think there would be a proper meltdown if he goes. Still echo what I’ve said previous, we have a good nucleus and only need 3-4 more players
Agree 100%

If there ever was a time to take a chance on someone we've already financially invested in then it's now. Wolvesball time. Now or never for Fabio. If we don't give him the chance then no wonder he wants out

JayStringer

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
They have just received another 11 million for raul and giles and stilll the ******* won't release any funds to buy players. That's 93 million in transfers out and we only have doherty and king on frees.

Crucial to remember they're factoring in figures we haven't seen yet. A whole year's worth of accounts. Which includes paying off an entire coaching staff and Bruno. That's why all FFP talk on here needs to be remembered as speculation. They are working with figures we haven't seen and financial projections we haven't seen.

Relax folks. The signings are coming. They're just playing it very safe with the accounts.

wwbug

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Agree 100%

If there ever was a time to take a chance on someone we've already financially invested in then it's now. Wolvesball time. Now or never for Fabio. If we don't give him the chance then no wonder he wants out
Or does he want out so we aren't giving him a chance ?

Perton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Alex crook said Bournemouth favourites for Scott’s signature as Wolves struggling to get the money together.
We don't have the cash for the upfront payment that they would likely demand, I put this on another thread a week or two ago.

The financial situation of the club has been described as 'dire' as things stand. It's very concerning times.

Not sure whether a change of heart will come from FOSUN's topbrass or if further outgoings will help change things but we're financially ****ed as things stand.

YouGottaRaulWithIt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
That is very true, I believe he is located very near Bournemouth so will always be slightly bias to them.
He may live close to the south coast, but really, Bournemouth? Why would he choose to join a team that will be struggling to survive? If its a straight choice between Wolves and ... oh, hang on a minute. I just spotted a flaw in my argument.

GuzzWolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Agree 100%

Is he in a 5 year contract? Where is his loyalty if he goes? And personally I will be happy to see a few less Portuguese & Spanish in the squad.

glorybox

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We don't have the cash for the upfront payment that they would likely demand, I put this on another thread a week or two ago.

The financial situation of the club has been described as 'dire' as things stand. It's very concerning times.

Not sure whether a change of heart will come from FOSUN's topbrass or if further outgoings will help change things but we're financially ****ed as things stand.
Cash will never be a problem. The fee and add ons is the issue.

Guy dingley

Reaction score
Honesty feel our current squad with a few clever additions such as Scott, Elvedi and a pacey striker. We will have a fantastic season, easily get top 10 possibly challenge for Europe. Next summer FFP will no longer restrict us and we can really benefit from the perks of having a world class manager in charge of our club.

Fifty Niner

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Honesty feel our current squad with a few clever additions such as Scott, Elvedi and a pacey striker. We will have a fantastic season, easily get top 10 possibly challenge for Europe. Next summer FFP will no longer restrict us and we can really benefit from the perks of having a world class manager in charge of our club.
Love the positivity.

oldgolded

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
You've really cheered me up!

North West Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
i’m not quite as optimistic as you, but i don’t think we need loads more in, maybe 2-3.

centre back, midfielder who can do something different, and a forward

what worries me most is the mixed communication from the club and trusted journalists around it, plus JL feeling the need to repeatedly go to the press.

WISAW

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Love this, some much needed positivity on this forum. People are also forgetting we have an exceptional coach and team behind him.

Fifty Niner

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
i’m not quite as optimistic as you, but i don’t think we need loads more in, maybe 2-3.

what worries me most is the mixed communication from the club and trusted journalists around it, plus JL feeling the need to repeatedly go to the press.
Worries me more that we still don’t look like scoring goals.

Reaction score
I agree. Only problem is we can’t afford Scott, Elvedi and a pacey striker at the moment

Cookyssweetleftfoot

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

I agree that we don’t need many NWW, but we do need some signings and if Fabio goes we are in an even weaker position.
The constantly changing position from respectable journalists is also unusual and worrying.

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I bumped into Lian keen and Judah in a bar last night.....they was alright actually had a bit of a laugh .....

I give em a bit of stick....I said you pair are useless with the information etc......I said some of us ave a proper job and still beat em to 'exclusive' info.....

Ponty

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The constantly changing position from respectable journalists is also unusual and worrying.
The logical explanation is that they don’t actually know anything and are just filling copy with supposition and guess work. The only thing that matters is how the squad shapes up by the end of the window, and hopefully a bit earlier.

hollo

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sign maitland niles on a free to play full back and sell semedo and podence. Then buy elvedi and scott.

kidder_wolf_II

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I want both.. but definitely more concerned with getting another CB currently.

Same Dawson has looked a liability so far and with only Gomes as back up its quite worrying .

Would love Scott to though as I’d love to see him threading balls to Cunha and Silva. Would actually make me excited to go to games again.

Back
Top Bottom