Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Summer 2023 Transfer Window Thread

Kennedy

Reaction score
His game isn’t about pace and doesn’t need to be he can read the game like Craddock & Irwin could one or two seasons left in him. Model professional keeps himself fit we don’t have loads of cash to splurge either he will be another one that’s going to be hard to replace when it comes to it. You can’t buy his experience and leadership qualities
We literally bought his experience and leadership in January.

Lobo de Ouro

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
It seems everyone on twitter takes up one of three stock positions...

1) make stuff up with the hope something actually happens to be able to say "I told you so"

2) wait until a name has been linked elsewhere then confirm, so if it does happen they can say "I told you so"

Or 3) be totally contrary about rumours that have already surfaced to be able to say "I told you so" if it doesn't go ahead as expected...

3 is actually the easiest to pull off, because it can be spun as correct no matter what happens.

Vtrpres

Groupie
Reaction score
Who and I mean who , including Fosun or JL would be able to pen a starting 11 down now for next month.
I can see Wolves scrabbling about on the last day of the window for the bloody dross to cobble a team up.
We will still be there 5 games out from the end of next campaign trying to avoid relegation.
No idea from top to bottom.
Could bring in another face from another ****e league to fail in the Prem again.

wwbug

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
When has any club, ever provided any sort of PR "narrative" around their transfer business?

What are Wolves not doing that other clubs are doing? I don't see a whole lot of narration going on elsewhere.
We are tone deaf to our supporters , and have been for three years.

Are you actually looking at other clubs ? I think you will find the succesful have PR departments , they are there to advise owners what to say .

Last edited:

AndyWolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Are you looking at other clubs ? I think you will find the succesful have PR departments , they are there to advise owners what to say .
I really liked how Arsenal kept their fans updated with how their pursuit of Declan Rice was going.

No clubs do this, ever. To expect it is just bonkers.

Sidaway

Reaction score
It seems everyone on twitter takes up one of three stock positions...

1) make stuff up with the hope something actually happens to be able to say "I told you so"

2) wait until a name has been linked elsewhere then confirm, so if it does happen they can say "I told you so"

Or 3) be totally contrary about rumours that have already surfaced to be able to say "I told you so" if it doesn't go ahead as expected...

3 is actually the easiest to pull off, because it can be spun as correct no matter what happens.
Apart from the fact this guy is basically the German Ornstein and is bang-on with everything to do with German football. First called our Sasa deal last summer.

Superted

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Are you looking at other clubs ? I think you will find the succesful have PR departments , they are there to advise owners what to say .
We'll of course they have PR departments but they don't go round announcing detailed strategic business information.

Has any club ever provided a narrative around their transfer strategy via the media?

I'd venture that it's one of the most tightly guarded facets of the business, not something that any club would broadcast through the media beyond "we're looking to sell some players and buy some other players" which is essentially what Hobbs has already said.

Lobo de Ouro

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Apart from the fact this guy is basically the German Ornstein and is bang-on with everything to do with German football. First called our Sasa deal last summer.

He's employed by Sky. And is categorically wrong here (or intentionally lying)

Jd132

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
How come every single bit of our transfer business is being leaked to the media? This Scott deal has now been back and forth for months and we are getting daily rejection updates.

I was hoping Elvedi was going to be swift but we are now 72 hours from when it was first mooted on here (well done @lets all have a disco !)

Can't we just do some business that shows we are clear in our thinking and know what we are doing?

hollo

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
How come every single bit of our transfer business is being leaked to the media? This Scott deal has now been back and forth for months and we are getting daily rejection updates.

I was hoping Elvedi was going to be swift but we are now 72 hours from when it was first mooted on here (well done @lets all have a disco !)

Can't we just do some business that shows we are clear in our thinking and know what we are doing?
We all feel frustrated about the lack of signings. Hopefully we will here something soon. The fact we have bid twice for scott gives me hope that the wheels are in motion.

wwbug

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I really liked how Arsenal kept their fans updated with how their pursuit of Declan Rice was going.

No clubs do this, ever. To expect it is just bonkers.
That isnt what I was saying. I dont expect a "narrative "to talk about individual players.

But as you mention Arsenal , their fans know what Arsenal want to achieve next year - Europe or better.

What are we trying to achieve - accumulate cash and avoid relegation - thats the "drift" .

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Things take time don't they ..the modern world expects everything to happen instantly....there is a lot of work goes into contracts etc ... Doherty deal has taken about 7/8 days ....things take time ..
Declan rice took an internity and Torres at villa .

And the likelihood of getting a transfer done without it being leaked i.s zero I reckon.....you can't keep every angle covered...

Last edited:

wwbug

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We'll of course they have PR departments but they don't go round announcing detailed strategic business information.

Has any club ever provided a narrative around their transfer strategy via the media?

I'd venture that it's one of the most tightly guarded facets of the business, not something that any club would broadcast through the media beyond "we're looking to sell some players and buy some other players" which is essentially what Hobbs has already said.
I didnt say strategic decision. I said narrative . They are there to prevent negative narratives. And counter with positive information.
At the moment the air is of downsizing ,selling , getting smaller and will try to avoid relegation.

AndyWolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I didnt say strategic decision. I said narrative . They are there to prevent negative narratives. And counter with positive information.
At the moment the air is of downsizing ,selling , getting smaller and will try to avoid relegation.
In your head maybe.

Agent Cooper

Reaction score

Just fun and games of most transfer business. Very few are straight forward or easy peasy. For example Bristol could be feeding BS to sky about Bournemouth being front runners in the chase for Scott just to put a bit more pressure on us. Nobody really knows what is going on behind the scenes but it's fair to say there is plenty of smoke and mirrors and brinkmanship at play, as with the majority of transfers.

Glow69

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

What do you want them to do? A picture board for everyone?

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Im confused we need more experience but you want us to keep Sanderson and you don’t want short term fix by signing young players?
Blend them in but we are going for short term fixes at the moment which is ok but we need long term vision I guess that went out the window with Hoever and Fabio cases going down as total failures

The Clock

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'm not going to get too excited about any of these signings till they're over the line. Especially Scott
I’m not going to get too excited about any of these signings till they are in the team and playing well.. Especially Scott

Ercall Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Did play a bit of footy in my teens/20s. Wasn't the fittest but fairly certain I could have played football on Tuesday and signed my name on Wednesday...
Oh dear…….normally clubs wouldn’t play a player that is on the verge of a lucrative transfer for fear of the player getting injured and the selling club losing money……but of course you knew that…..btw sarcasm is the lowest form of wit

Guy dingley

Reaction score
Who and I mean who , including Fosun or JL would be able to pen a starting 11 down now for next month.
I can see Wolves scrabbling about on the last day of the window for the bloody dross to cobble a team up.
We will still be there 5 games out from the end of next campaign trying to avoid relegation.
No idea from top to bottom.
Could bring in another face from another ****e league to fail in the Prem again.
Do not stress. By Friday we will all be in full belief that we are mounting a European charge. The additions of Scott, Elvedi and Doc. Supplementing a hungry returned Fabio, life is good.

Supadavewolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
"The first real chance of the game arrived for City as Alex Scott saw a driven effort towards the bottom left corner beaten away by Murphy Mahoney. A few minutes later, a superb save from the Town gloveman denied Scott once more with a long-range effort apparently destined for the top-right corner.".

" Early in the second period, Scott clipped the bar with a poorly-timed header "
(source: Swindon Advertiser)

No, not injured.

Can I be the first to say that he can't shoot and he can't head the ball? Just pre-empting others ;)

hollo

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Elvidi's girlfriend has been in wolverhampton over the last few days and approves.

StaffordWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Elvidi's girlfriend has been in wolverhampton over the last few days and approves.
Has she got the right Wolverhampton...

Dan W

Groupie
Reaction score
He's been hit and miss lately. Used to be spot on for most deals in Germany.

Back
Top Bottom