Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Summer 2023 Transfer Window Thread

Skrilla

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I suppose it depends on the fitness of Sasa Kalajdzic and if Silva is still here....

Raul would also have to be sold and not sure if that is going to happen anytime soon, lets see who goes but right now I just think a centre half is most important as we lack serious depth!
If Raul doesn't leave then he'll be in the bomb squad. Regardless of how highly anyone rates Silva, relying on Sasa as our #1 option seems like madness to me coming off two ACL's. It could very easily end up being a situation like the start of last season.

SuperGran

Off with her head!
Reaction score
If Raul doesn't leave then he'll be in the bomb squad. Regardless of how highly anyone rates Silva, relying on Sasa as our #1 option seems like madness to me coming off two ACL's. It could very easily end up being a situation like the start of last season.
Why would raul be in the bomb squad julen said he wanted him to stay

AndyWolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If were after Doyle that would suggest we'd let one of Hodge, Cundle or Griffiths go.

I guess though Doyle is probably better at least 2 of those

Skrilla

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Why would raul be in the bomb squad julen said he wanted him to stay
My personal opinion, I think he's just being nice about it... he's not going to slag off a player that was once idolised by the fans. He saw what not subbing him on at Molineux in a dead rubber did to some of the fanbase.

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Can't beat the rivets :smile:
DING DONG ;)

Areola ain’t bad. Any better than Sa? Not really, far from convincing. Neither keeper commands the area. That Liverpool youngster looks better but we shall see.

Dubravka would be decent for a season. Don’t get keepers like Murray anymore

My personal recommendation would be Ugurcan Cakir available for €11m Ugurcan Cakir - Player profile 23/24

Dan W

Groupie
Reaction score
With the Tommy Doyle link. I'm wary of some of the fees Man City have been getting for their young players. Any idea what they'd roughly want?

wwbug

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I reckon £25 million on Scott is a lot less risky than £25 million on another Iberian prospect, because other English clubs are interested. And that underwrites the value as with Collins and even Kilman.
Thats if we have that money .

Darvo

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I reckon £25 million on Scott is a lot less risky than £25 million on another Iberian prospect, because other English clubs are interested. And that underwrites the value as with Collins and even Kilman.
Thats if we have that money .
Because of the mis management of the last few years, I ain’t sure we can afford the luxury of signing another one ‘for the future’.

Given the position we’re in, we need to clear the deadwood and focus on signing 3 or 4 premier league ready players. Once again, I fear we’re making the wrong tactical decision for where we are right here, right now.

Bloody hope I’m wrong!

Scallywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I do think one good injury free season in the prem and he will be worth £40m. If he turns into the next big thing then £50m.

He has got to be some player to be worth £75m,maybe three seasons if we can keep him that long and he continues to develop.

I do thing the risk is low, even if we have to stump up the full £25m. If he stays injury free and does what we hope then his value will only spiral - which is why Bristol are quite rightly playing hard ball.
J H Christ, you’re talking about selling him even before we’ve bought him!!!

cannockwolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
J H Christ, you’re talking about selling him even before we’ve bought him!!!

Not really, I hope we sign him and he stays for a decade, then we name stand after him. We will have seen some entertainment at least.

But it's a business, and if Fosun plan on spending £25m on an asset they are going to want to be sure that asset is going to appreciate - unlike the last generational talent they were sold.

It just so happens that his age, the England factor, and his all action style probably means his value would increase - which of course means Fosun are more likely to sign him.

Skrilla

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
With the Tommy Doyle link. I'm wary of some of the fees Man City have been getting for their young players. Any idea what they'd roughly want?
Knowing Man City and the way they've structured deals with Southampton and the host of young players they've signed, a substantial sell-on percentage and a buyback clause...

Fifty Niner

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I was only thinking it because Scott is good at getting the ball and then progressing it up the pitch, which is what Nunes was also supposed to be. Don't get me wrong, there's surely space for both but it did make me wonder a bit just now
I think of the Man Utd team with Beckham, Scholes and Keane in their midfield. If they play as a unit there’s no reason why of, say, Nunes, Gomes and Scott can’t thrive.

For last three seasons Wolves have been a mostly awful watch with a very cautious negative game plan. The team were particularly adept at getting the ball all the way back to our goalkeeper from the edge of the opposition penalty box. It’s going to take a bold plan to change things around and having a dynamic midfield is key to achieving this. Oh, and having regular goal scorers in the team, of course.

CelebrityWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I wouldn't mind an upgrade on Sa but Areola is definitely not that.
That's the problem...I've always backed Sa up and still do to a point.....if anybody can show me a better keeper that WE can't attract for 7m than Sa I'm all ears.....the areola and kelleher ain't no better...

Off course Bounou is better but he will cost more and can WE attract him....

AndyY

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I know that everyone is different but the club has an example of how well, or not, a player recovers after 2 x ACL injuries in Jonny, sadly. I would hope that the club is being very cautious in possibly relying on Sasa this season.

SA Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Apparently on Friday of last week all Premier League clubs received payment from the Premier League to cover TV money so hopefully this will kick start incomings for us
Hope you're right, but don't think Wolves are waiting for cash as transfers are normally done on credit and staggered payments, plus Wolves has used Macquarie Finance in the past and received a £99m loan from the UK government.
Think we are just playing hardball to get in transfers and clubs holding out.
It makes me fearful for the start of the season with the pared-down squad that we now have!

Back
Top Bottom