Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Summer 2023 Transfer Window Thread

Timberrrr

Reaction score
Don't get this ran love in.has capabilities but as a defender absolutely shocking. Don't go on about one game ie Salah and Liverpool cos for that one there's 10 where he's been culpable for mistakes and leaked goals.also at the other end he crosses when he should shoot and shoots when he should cross.but above all this is the way he slouches about and doesn't seem to have any heart or desire
Can anyone on here honestly say that when your backs to the wall and fight is needed that you'd really want ran next to you?

groundhogwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Don't get this ran love in.has capabilities but as a defender absolutely shocking. Don't go on about one game ie Salah and Liverpool cos for that one there's 10 where he's been culpable for mistakes and leaked goals.also at the other end he crosses when he should shoot and shoots when he should cross.but above all this is the way he slouches about and doesn't seem to have any heart or desire
Can anyone on here honestly say that when your backs to the wall and fight is needed that you'd really want ran next to you?
Also people or the ran fan club forget he was unable to compete the game against Salah. Not even for the last few minutes.

WolfInSheep'sClothing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Is it just me but does it seem and feel that quite a few of our players seem to want out and arent happy?
They all came to a club that they were sold as a great place to develop as players and challenge for European football. It ain't happened for anyone has it?

WolfInSheep'sClothing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I would like to know what the psychological damage was and where he feels he could have been protected better.
People have had a go at him on here and on twitter, but the guy has had some fair support from the crowd. Maybe he has let the trolls get to him.
I mean, it could all still be bull**** of course.

Oldgold Wolfcub

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
They all came to a club that they were sold as a great place to develop as players and challenge for European football. It ain't happened for anyone has it?
And maybe if they had played to their potential we may have done that. Also for ssome they came when we were in a low position.
On the other hand they are playing in the top league in the world and that should be motivation for them playing against the top players in the world.

Reactions: Ian

WolfInSheep'sClothing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He'll have to learn how to either defend or attack if he wants to be a superstar.

Currently he isn't capable of doing either.
Again all the evidence points to the fact he can defend better than any other full back we have got. And attacking wise its a stretch to say anyone has done any better.
Some people from day one have decided he can't defend and it doesn't matter how many clean sheets or wingers he kept in his back pocket. Actual things that happen aren't important anymore when deciding if a player is good enough.

Beijing Wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Again all the evidence points to the fact he can defend better than any other full back we have got. And attacking wise its a stretch to say anyone has done any better.
Some people from day one have decided he can't defend and it doesn't matter how many clean sheets or wingers he kept in his back pocket. Actual things that happen aren't important anymore when deciding if a player is good enough.
This.

The previous season (0-1 Home game against Liverpool) his performance against Salah (who was in top form at the time) was superb. Kept Salah in his back pocket and Salah even shook RANs hand before Rayan had to go off injured, he was that impressed with the lad’s performance.

WolfInSheep'sClothing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
And maybe if they had played to their potential we may have done that. Also for ssome they came when we were in a low position.
On the other hand they are playing in the top league in the world and that should be motivation for them playing against the top players in the world.
No I don't think they would have. We still wouldn't have had striker and had a manager that seemingly didn't give a toss about the fitness of the players before playing them(thankfully the injuries are clearing under Lope, one of many things he's done well)
I think one of the biggest reasons for us slipping away these last few tears is that our superstar striker nearly died and isn't the same player since. He couldn't exactly do much about that.

And you say playing against the top players in the world should be motivation enough, well there are another 19 teams that can offer that in some cases better than we can.
These guys all have one career. Some of them don't even get to sit on the bench because we've ****ed up in terms of the numbers of foreign players we have. We have 8 wingers and only ever pick one.
And then you look at how Neto and Jonny have been played when they were still clearly injured arguably wrecking their careers. The last three years have been **** for most of them.
We haven't capitalised on the position we had.

And as much I think we need to move on anybody that doesn't want to be here or can't be at least persuaded to stay; I don't blame any of them for wanting to **** off, particularly the ones who hardly ever get to play.

groundhogwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
This.

The previous season (0-1 Home game against Liverpool) his performance against Salah (who was in top form at the time) was superb. Kept Salah in his back pocket and Salah even shook RANs hand before Rayan had to go off injured, he was that impressed with the lad’s performance.
Salah finished the game RAN - ran out of steam.

Joshwolf218

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
With us needing a striker I have had a poke around on fifa and Fm not the best tools but gives me an easy database to work with.

Found this guy and he had done well in Holland

Anastasios Douvikas - 23 and above 6 ft

Has scored 19 in 32 with 4 assists

Seems quite cheap as well, in our price range perhaps?

wwbug

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Silva's not blessed with natural pace though is he, so the trade off between physicality and pace isn't relevant to him: he doesn't have either in abundance. However, he's technically decent and seems to be improving his finishing, and he already plays for us (!) so is worth having another look at imo. Just wouldn't want to bet our season on him scoring >15 goals so we need another option. This is obviously the priority this window.
A good bet for a southern european team then.

Eastyorksyeltz

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
With us needing a striker I have had a poke around on fifa and Fm not the best tools but gives me an easy database to work with.

But we've already got a player who scores goals in the Dutch league and apparently it doesn't count for much, if you believe what is said on here.

wwbug

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

You aren't Matt Hobbs are you ?

AndyWolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Tom king - told you we'd made a signing!

Last edited:

Joshwolf218

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
You aren't Matt Hobbs are you ?

Nope, just interested in football

There some tracking players out there, if you look past the league they are in

Recommend the new talking wolves vid some interesting players but take the prices with some salt

SydneyWolf26

Groupie
Reaction score
Not really including Fabio in this, but may have to if more info comes to light. Amazing that the players touted to be leaving or wanting out are the same ones we’ve been saying all season look disinterested and not pulling their weight. What a shambles the first team is at the moment, I dread to think what would have happened if JL walked. Hobbs seems like the best footballing brain we’ve had higher up the club for a long time, hopefully he can work through it over the summer and clean out the deadwood.

TF2Wolf

Reaction score
Makes sense means we can loan out our younger keepers to get game time rather than having to keep one back to be our third choice..

Also two stories about Wolves and they have both come from fan channels?
Surely we’ll need to keep one of the young keepers back to play for the u21’s and wouldn’t it be better for our young keeper to have the experience around the first team?

Don’t really understand this type of signing even though he’s a free transfer still got his wages and if money is so tight??

SakosRightFoot

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Nope, just interested in football

There some tracking players out there, if you look past the league they are in

Recommend the new talking wolves vid some interesting players but take the prices with some salt

These kind of things aren’t really worth much, credit to you for the effort but they they have a team of people who trawl through much better resources and watch countless hours of footage plus sending actual scouts to assess potential targets. I highly doubt a fan with football manager will unearth someone on the level we want

Eastyorksyeltz

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The same player who doesn't want to be here.
Apparently so, if you ask his dad at least. It's strange though how some league's seem to be designated "farmers league" one minute and then suddenly become repositories of great footballing talent the next. Portugal, Holland, Belgium - what decent players ever came from there?

Joshwolf218

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
These kind of things aren’t really worth much, credit to you for the effort but they they have a team of people who trawl through much better resources and watch countless hours of footage plus sending actual scouts to assess potential targets. I highly doubt a fan with football manager will unearth someone on the level we want

Interesting content though isn't it,

None us unless pro scouts will be have the facilities it's just interesting to speculate etc

giantwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Surely we’ll need to keep one of the young keepers back to play for the u21’s and wouldn’t it be better for our young keeper to have the experience around the first team?

Don’t really understand this type of signing even though he’s a free transfer still got his wages and if money is so tight??

Palmi Arinbjornsson is our u21 keeper really and he regularly trains with the first team even with Sa, Bentley and Moulden in the second half of the season.

However there are still Joe Young, Louie Moulden, Jackson Smith who ideally need first team football to continue their development and are way past u21 football. Throw in Matija Sarkic who really needs regular first team football at his age and desires for international football (I’m assuming he’ll be sold)

SakosRightFoot

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Interesting content though isn't it,

None us unless pro scouts will be have the facilities it's just interesting to speculate etc

Each to their own, I’m too old for it. My lads love all the YouTube nonsense, people making compilation videos with welcome to x as the title or talking into their cameras doing weird shouty voices

WolfInSheep'sClothing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I've began wandering whether our recruitment team are any better than a fan with football manager!

oldgoldheart

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Fabio isn’t rated by the manager along with a bunch of others and wants out? Meh.

As long as it’s a revolving door and we get decent value for the departures, replaced by JL’s guys who do want to be here, then I’m totally ok with it.
Silva will not play here again. I got slaughtered for saying this 2 weeks ago.
He mentally checked out ages ago. We need to sell now if we can

Skrilla

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Apparently so, if you ask his dad at least. It's strange though how some league's seem to be designated "farmers league" one minute and then suddenly become repositories of great footballing talent the next. Portugal, Holland, Belgium - what decent players ever came from there?
I've not once called it a farmers league, so I hope you aren't inferring that I was. Your argument was that Fabio's best position is as a centre forward, I disagreed. The point about the Eredivisie is that it's comparable to the Championship if you take away a couple of sides, which is backed up by the league coefficients.

That's not bashing them, that's just the reality of it. The cream will rise to the top in these leagues no doubt, hence why I think Gyokeres and Scott would be fine additions that I think would easily adjust to the step up to the most difficult league in the world.

I would still take Silva back and give him a chance, but again, in my mind he's not a centre forward and would provide direct competition to Cunha.

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Makes sense means we can loan out our younger keepers to get game time rather than having to keep one back to be our third choice..

Also two stories about Wolves and they have both come from fan channels?
Think Jose Sa will be on his bike after what we heard last week

Abwolves

Groupie
Reaction score
Bruno Fernandes (as much as I dislike him), Frankie De Jong, Eden Hazard. To name a few.

Scallywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
At least there's something to show for his wolves career to date then I guess.
I’ll mention it yet again.

Have you (or other Mixers) conveniently forgot RAN’s last minute winning goal in the evening kick off against Everton which started our revival?

Of course you have!

I remember that as Julens first match in charge, when RAN ran into the Toffees penalty area from nowhere and got us 3 absolutely massive points.

Yes, RAN could leave us, (I hope he stays) but give him some bloody credit. He’s had many more good games than what you may consider as bad!

Back
Top Bottom