Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Summer 2023 Transfer Window Thread

The Clock

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
RAN is better, absolutely zero doubt. RAN is going to the very top. We have made a hash of another young superstar.
Well he doesn't appear to be going anywhere fast.
And wherever he does go he will only play 60 minutes per game.
Not capable of any more

Reactions: Ian

Flaneur

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Taremi would be good experience cheap too in terms of fee… maybe €5m?
Porto won't let their star striker go for that little, a year left on his deal now or not.

For Porto he's managed 129 goal contributions (80g + 49a) in 147 games & then for Iran he's managed 50 goal contributions (36g + 14a) in 67 games.

I reckon if they don't get around at least €20m, they'll hedge their bets on him signing a new contract - If he goes for anything less than that it would be a steal.

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Three new stories:

Raul may be headed to MLS (Houston Dynamo)

Links to Damian Pizarro (Chilean Striker)

And

-

Been saying for a while that I would expect Raul to end up in MLS to close his career out. Gets a decent pay out, a chance to have some fun on the pitch again, and great exposure to the US and Mexico audiences for whatever he plans after his playing career.

Houston has some nice places to live, the cost of living is very competitive compared to California , and it has plenty of good quality Mexican restaurants and grocery stores.

WolfInSheep'sClothing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I do love how everyone is so sure of which of Bueno and Ait-Nouri is better.. so much so, they have to rip the other one to shreds.

There is nothing in it. RAN has shown more talent, Bueno has shown more composure.. both or neither could go on to be great. Stop pretending you know better.
If Bueno has shown more composure then by now I would expect it show somehow by results.
I think the guy has better vision than RAN, I think the guy could be good at this level, but if we had paid for this guy and he put in the level of performances he has put in consistently, with the results that have come along with them we would be saying the guy needs a loan out.
Defensively he isn't there yet at this level of football. I would have reservations about us going into the season with him being first choice based on the results and majority of his performances since he has come in.
If RAN goes we need to bring another left back in. The idea that Bueno is as good is grounded in wishful thinking rather than events that have happened.

Skrilla

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Of course he does, hence why neither Hobbs or Percy mentioned it. Mendes is sorting his exit. Hopefully we recoup close to what we paid for him if he doesn’t want to be here.

Cunha is the same player in my mind so not really bothered.

manchesterwolf17

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'm usually a little wary of a CF with great numbers who plays for a dominant side in a poor league, but Taremi looks like he's been prolific wherever he's been. 18 goals in 30 games for Rio Ave. 36 in 67 for his country Iran. That's impressive.

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Last summer we had Lage in charge, now we have JL. Enough said.
See told ya he wanted out ....the club wouldnt have excluded him like they did last summer if he wasn't expressing his wishes to leave ..

We need a striker and if Fabio has mentally checked out he needs to go...

Last edited:

Minimalist

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

manchesterwolf17

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
As for Fabio Silva - His snot goblin vulture agent can do one. We showed a lot of bloody faith in Silva. Have allowed him to go on very good loans for enormous teams in their respective countries and no doubt paid him an enormous wage. Sorry, you don't just get to dictate what you want when you're under contract pal. If Lopetegui wants to keep him (which he should) then it's tough tits

Flaneur

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
As for Fabio Silva - His snot goblin vulture agent can do one. We showed a lot of bloody faith in Silva. Have allowed him to go on very good loans for enormous teams in their respective countries and no doubt paid him an enormous wage. Sorry, you don't just get to dictate what you want when you're under contract pal. If Lopetegui wants to keep him (which he should) then it's tough tits
His agent is his dad.

Of course we don't know if what has been posted is true yet, but I remember when he signed reading opinions from Porto fans saying his dad didn't always have the best intentions for him - Had him moved him out of their academy at one stage to play at arch-rivals Benfica (whether this was for monetary reasons who knows?) but it didn't last long as Fabio couldn't settle and returned to Porto a year or so so later.

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Is it just me but does it seem and feel that quite a few of our players seem to want out and arent happy?

Think it’s more that some players who were favoured under prior coaches and are perhaps not impressing JL want out. Fabio is a special case given his agent father seems to have his own agenda.

manchesterwolf17

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
His agent is his dad.

Of course we don't know if what has been posted is true yet, but I remember when he signed reading opinions from Porto fans saying his dad didn't always have the best intentions for him - Had him moved him out of their academy at one stage to play at arch-rivals Benfica (whether this was for monetary reasons who knows?) but it didn't last long as Fabio couldn't settle and returned to Porto a year or so so later.

A vulture then. Just as any non family related agent tends to be.

It would be absolutely criminal if we sold him now, whether we get the fee back or not (which we won't)

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Think it’s more that some players who were favoured under prior coaches and are perhaps not impressing JL want out. Fabio is a special case given his agent father seems to have his own agenda.

There have been snippets about Sa, Neto, Podence, Jonny, RAN and Raul not being happy. Needs resolving fairly soon as we dont want too many players on the books who want to be elsewhere.

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
There have been snippets about Sa, Neto, Podence, Jonny, RAN and Raul not being happy. Needs resolving fairly soon as we dont want too many players on the books who want to be elsewhere.

But that is what I said. Players, most of whom, are not really on the same page as JL. We can expect to see most, perhaps all, of that list leaving this summer.

Wolf316

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
**** em. If they don’t want to be here they can **** off. Seems to me some players aren’t happy under the new regime maybe it’s not as cushy as it was previously.

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think it was quite telling when Fabio didn't come back in January...it should have been all hands to the pull...and we had to spend 50m on bringing someone else in.....

We needed both ideally....if we was unable to cancel his loan at Anderlecht you could have maybe understood it but for him then to move to another club was very bizarre....it was need must and either Fabio or lopetugui didn't want it.....my guess the former...

Once one Portuguese started leaving it was always going to result in a mass exodus...

Last edited:
Reactions: Ian

Flaneur

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
So Mendes is also his agent or his company are?
Mendes isn't his agent, but he received a fee from Fabio signing because he was involved in the deal, along with STV (Fabio's agency which his dad is involved in)

Mugwump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Erm, no offence, but I’d rather keep Semedo or play lembikisa. I’d even play Johnny ahead of Ashley young, plus he’s a ****
Good player though regardless. Lembikisa is not even close to being ready. Jonny is finished. Not many options.

sc91

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
No we didn't show faith, we chucked him to the wolves, mismanaged him, told him to step up and rewarded him by constantly dropping him and then sending him on loan.

This'll be a huge black mark for Wolves as an opportunity missed.

Back
Top Bottom