Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Summer 2023 Transfer Window Thread

SuperGran

Off with her head!
Reaction score
What we desperately need is men of substance. Mouthinho, Neves, Coady , Saiss and Patricio helped us get to Europe. .
I see no men prepared to lead or carry the team through bad spots. Can anyone name such a man in our current squad bar Dawson ?
Very worrying , lets hope JL can call on some experienced men of character.
Lemina also Nunes is pretty vocal in organising the team

Matt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The Neves to Barca swap deal doesn’t have to be a bad one for us. They do have a lot of very good players - they’ve just won La Liga! We just can’t get shafted again.

Wolf316

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The Neves to Barca swap deal doesn’t have to be a bad one for us. They do have a lot of very good players - they’ve just won La Liga! We just can’t get shafted again.
Problem is they’ll offer their unwanted cast offs rather than anybody any good!

Matt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yeah that’s what we can’t let happen to us. I’m hoping that Lopetegui and his team have a good idea of which of their players would genuinely be useful to us, given their knowledge of La Liga. But we shall see I guess!

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Anybody who is any good will basically be forced to join us. That’s worked out well for us in the past, eh?

This should be a straight forward “go **** yourselves” by Jeff here.

Flea

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
That´s for the backup position I will presume,because Patterson is nowhere good enough being our regular keeper.
We simply cannot afford to mess this position up.
IF Sa leaves,then I say we should use every penny we might get for him and put enough cherries on top to try to get the best guy we can get between the sticks.Bid 30 Mill for Kelleher and see what happens.He´ll be worth every penny to us IMO.If not him then someone else of corresponding quality.
I will welcome bids for either Kilman or Collins.They are both the Roger Johnson in the coop with Scott Dann..and we do not need two of them.The signing of Daws in January is the biggest single factor we managed to avoid relegation this season IMO..and we simply cannot go into next season where an injury on Daws would spell instant doom for us.Again,sell one of our two Roger Johnsons,put some cherries on top an go for the best CB we can get our hands on.
Midfield I feel we got enough steel to cover us next season.Boobs Traore,Joao Gomes and Mario Lemina is enough spine.With Neves and Moutinho gone we need to buy a creative playmaking central midfielder.
Attackwise we are a mess and has been since David Luiz assaulted Raul.Costa,Raul is surely gone and we simply cannot put our hopes to Sasa who looks so darn weak physically that he might break a leg when farting.
We need to get Fabio Silva back and really blood him next season.It is somewhat a gamble,but we must role the dice here IMO.
Obviously we also needs to buy a striker that might be good for scoring more than four-five goals next season.

The spine of the team is the most important to take care of.GK-CBs-CM-Forward.
We get this **** together,and we will not be anywhere near relegation next season.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Tyler Adams from Leeds would be a good signing. Their best midfield player by a mile. Injured now but should be fit soon.

Hugh Jarse

Reaction score
You think?? I have no issue with Collins as such and think he'll be a very good player in the future but thought he was awful today. Terrible body language too, hit a pass out towards Semedo in the second half that may have actually cleared the Everton fans and just stood looking, bemoaning himself, like it was all too much

Like I say I think he'll be good, today though, nowhere near it
Agree with this 100%. Think he'll be excellent but today wasn't good.

As for moving forward, I honestly believe there's much, much more to come from the likes of Cunha, Nunes, Sarabia, Gomes, B Traore and Collins.

They've come into a scrap, into a tough old league and will be better for the experience and a good pre season.

TBH, out of all the linked exits, there's only Neves who's a massive miss.

steve vena

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Quite a reliable source I believe. Neves and Kilman would generate by far the biggest profit in our squad in terms of easing FFP concerns because there is little to no amortisation left for Neves and Kilman was homegrown so it's purely profit, so it's not exactly a surprise to me. I'd be gutted to lose Kilman, but I don't think either are irreplaceable.

One step back to take two steps forward.
I like Max but he does at times look clumsy and dopey. A good offer and id sellsell.

groundhogwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
What we desperately need is men of substance. Mouthinho, Neves, Coady , Saiss and Patricio helped us get to Europe. .
I see no men prepared to lead or carry the team through bad spots. Can anyone name such a man in our current squad bar Dawson ?
Lemina without doubt an experienced man of character

Bacon Sandwich

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Tyler Adams from Leeds would be a good signing. Their best midfield player by a mile. Injured now but should be fit soon.
Absolutely agree. Leeds stats with and without TA are night and day. Roughly concede double the number of goals per game. The other one we should look at from Leeds is Coady Drameh - RB who's been on loan at Luton this season

OLDGOLD

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think others have answered this. I think we have quite a bit of character about...Dawson, Lemina, Cunha, Gomes, Costa...and I this I mean character in a Geoff Boycott, bottle sort of a way. Leadership may be a little different, I see Dawson and Lemina as the 2 most leader like. I'm not sure that either of them are really the blood and thunder type that we seem to need, Coady and Saiss are a big miss in that regard. Hard to know with the youngsters but could Gomes become an Ince type in time?

Skrilla

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
How have we done in recent years taking castoffs from the elite clubs?

Semedo (ok not great), Hoever (barely played), Cutrone (waste of money), Trincao (awful)

I’d even stretch as far back as Borthwick-Jackson and Sheyi Ojo.

There’s a good reason why they’d prefer to a deal like this. They don’t rate them, and the players still believe they are good enough to play for them. So they come with an ego and a terrible attitude.

I know not every player is the same, but it also doesn’t benefit us in terms of FFP either. I love Neves, but this has the makings of a dreadful deal if it does end up being a straight exchange.

Matt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
How have we done in recent years taking castoffs from the elite clubs?

Semedo (ok not great), Hoever (barely played), Cutrone (waste of money), Trincao (awful)

I’d even stretch as far back as Borthwick-Jackson and Sheyi Ojo.

There’s a good reason why they’d prefer to a deal like this. They don’t rate them, and the players still believe they are good enough to play for them. So they come with an ego and a terrible attitude.

I know not every player is the same, but it also doesn’t benefit us in terms of FFP either. I love Neves, but this has the makings of a dreadful deal if it does end up being a straight exchange.
Yeah we’ve been absolutely screwed over in the past with dealings with Barca in particular. However, we now have a head coach and whole structure of back room staff from La Liga, who probably know these players better than we previously would have. I agree, it could be a dreadful deal… but it doesn’t have to be.

Skrilla

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yeah we’ve been absolutely screwed over in the past with dealings with Barca in particular. However, we now have a head coach and whole structure of back room staff from La Liga, who probably know these players better than we previously would have. I agree, it could be a dreadful deal… but it doesn’t have to be.
True, especially with Julen and Garagarza’s knowledge of the players. However the three players I see constantly linked - Sergino Dest a lightweight full back they can’t get rid of, Nico Gonzalez who’s struggled to hold down a spot in a relegation threatened Valencia side, Ez Abde, a young winger who’s done OK for Osasuna on loan (nowhere near Guedes numbers for comparison), and of course Ansu Fati, an injury prone winger making a fortune in wages (£200k a week).

I wouldn’t be happy even if it was four for one! They aren’t even near Barca’s first team, effectively it’s their third string. If we were talking about players like Kessie, Ferran Torres, Eric Garcia, who would be respectable makeweights in a deal for our best player over the last six years, then it would be reasonable. I suspect it would not be because those are players around the first team squad.

Stourwolf

Reaction score
Podence did the lap of honour.

He’s also on the video congratulating Neves for his award.

Neto I didn’t see. Some have said he was in plain clothes, someone on twitter said he left at 2:20. So who knows.
Neto was walking down Waterloo road at about 2.30 in plain clothes, he looked pretty angry in my opinion

Back
Top Bottom