Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Summer 2023 Transfer Window Thread

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Good prospect yet very defensively minded would offer us something different I reckon Nunes, Neves, Moutinho, Adama will all be off regardless of what league we’re in therefore it’s good for us to line up replacements as our footballing style will change dramatically under Lopetegui. Will will bring more defenders and strikers in. Big summer and could be an overhaul!!

Moutinho, Costa & Adama free

Giles or loan
Sanderson or loan
Cundle or loan
Mosquera loan

Raul 5m
Nunes 60m
Neves 30m
Guedes 15m
Jordao free
Kawabe 1m
Corbeanu 2m
Chem 1m
Coady 4.5m
Sarkic 1.5m
Jonny 5m
Hoever 5m

Over 140m potentially to play with and huge wages off our books too we could easily spend £200m this summer if we wanted it’s important we replace the experience in the squad though that’s key..

19 players we know at least half of them will leave?!

Last edited:

Bacon Sandwich

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
So assume Neves leaves, and Souza comes in. There have also been persistent links to Ugarte Manuel Ugarte (footballer) - Wikipedia which would give us - with Traore and Lemina - four DMs. So two number sixes (to use the modern jargon) with an aggressive press and effective use of substitutions in a 4 2 3 1 or 4 3 3. A lot of pressure on the FBs to get forward and support the attack: wouldn't be at all surprised to see Semedo go and someone new come in at RB

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The original article states the player is with the city group and it may only be a loan. Nothing to see here.
If we want to compete fosun would be better off buying 5 or 6 clubs and moving players around.
That was the original idea. However I think Grasshoppers put them off it hasn’t worked as they wanted

WKFWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
i think there will be a lot of names like this where we are looking to spend more smartly on raw talent with a couple of more experienced heads as well as maybe one really good signing instead of the usual Mendes reliance now we have revamped the recruitment area

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
i think there will be a lot of names like this where we are looking to spend more smartly on raw talent with a couple of more experienced heads as well as maybe one really good signing instead of the usual Mendes reliance now we have revamped the recruitment area
But it will still be via mendes....no coincidence he is heavily linked with Atletico Madrid another mendes circle club.....there isn't many players that transfer from la Liga to the premier league than mendes isn't involved with in some way or another....either directly or as the negotiator...

cannockwolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think there will be a big turn over of players this summer,

Mouts/Adama/Costa all to leave

Nunes £50m
Kilman £50m (if Newcastle off silly money)
Neves £30m
Neto £30m
Guedes £20m
Raul £5m
Hoever 5m
Coady 4.5m
Giles £2m
Sanderson £3m
Jonny £2m
Sarkic £2m
Bolla £2m
Kawabe £1m
Corbeanu £1m
Jordao free

I hope Neves and Kilman stay, but I doubt it.

If that lot happened it would be over £200m in sales, more than enough for JL to reshape the squad.

Out of that lot there is only really 7 or 8 starters (or match day squad members). We would be adding back in Sasha, Fabio, and Chiquinho to the squad next season so all you would want are half a dozen experienced pro's to be added to the squad - but with that sort of money and freed up wages you could really see the match day squad transformed.

All we have to do is stay up, or the likes of Giles, Sanderson, Cundle, and Hodge are the ones who will form the squad - probably enough for a run at the play-offs!

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Nunes £50m
Neves £30m
Neto £30m
Guedes £20m
Raul £5m
Hoever 5m
Coady 4.5m
Giles £2m
Sanderson £3m
Jonny £2m
Sarkic £2m
Bolla £2m
Kawabe £1m
Corbeanu £1m
Jordao free

If that lot happened it would be over £200m in sales, more than enough for JL to reshape the squad.

Out of that lot there is only really 7 or 8 starters (or match day squad members). We would be adding back in Sasha, Fabio, and Chiquinho to the squad next season so all you would want are half a dozen experienced pro's to be added to the squad - but with that sort of money and freed up wages you could really see the match day squad transformed.

All we have to do is stay up, or the likes of Giles, Sanderson, Cundle, and Hodge are the ones who will form the squad - probably enough for a run at the play-offs!
Mostly players out on loan would be our squad if we went down agreed. Quite a scary thought as to who would stay to be honest

Sarkic
Bolla Sanderson Toti Giles
Hodge
Cundle Jordao
Chiquinho Chem Corbeanu

cannockwolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Mostly players out on loan would be our squad if we went down agreed. Quite a scary thought as to who would stay to be honest

Sarkic
Hodge
Cundle Jordao
Chiquinho Chem Corbeanu

I don't quite think it would be that bad to be honest.

I doubt Fabio would want to return to play in the championship, but Sasha, Chiquinho, Gomes, Boubacar, Bentley, Collins, Dawson and one would presume Cunha would be still be here?

Bentley
Bolla, Collins, Dawson, Bueno
Gomes, Boubacar
Podence, Sasha, Cunha, Chiquinho

Sanderson
Giles
Toti
Lembikisa
Hodge
Cundle
Sarkic

If we went down you could add Ait-Nouri, Lemina, Sarbia, Semedo to the out goings which would add even more to the coffers.

I don't actually think that is a bad championship squad

hollo

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
That was the original idea. However I think Grasshoppers put them off it hasn’t worked as they wanted
With good scouting it could have worked. They recruited badly both in their manager and sporting director.

Their under 21s are poor and with the muscle of fosun they should have pinpointed where to recruit from the j league and korean league. We are lumbered with sang bin next year.

This is meant to be a partnership so why didn't they tip us off about gnonto at zurich.

It made sense for fosun to buy a portuguese team like braga.

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
With good scouting it could have worked. They recruited badly both in their manager and sporting director.

Their under 21s are poor and with the muscle of fosun they should have pinpointed where to recruit from the j league and korean league. We are lumbered with sang bin next year.

This is meant to be a partnership so why didn't they tip us off about gnonto at zurich.

It made sense for fosun to buy a portuguese team like braga.
Or someone like Rio Ave yes I agree should of been Portuguese in an ideal world ultimately it’s a failure venture for Fosun. They should sell grasshoppers and maybe try buying a club in Spain or Portugal.

AlexWolvesHD

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Its possible he may try to make Neves the DM it increases the chances we may not be as defensively solid though so would increase the importance of having 2 really solid centre backs behind him in which case the Pau Torres links may hold some truth to partner David Garcia. On the flip side it allows him the addition of an advanced playmaker also on the pitch then if Neves did fullfil that role instead. Palhihna would have been perfect for the DM role though and allowed him to use Neves as the deep lying playmaker alongside him. Either way it was a major balls up to not bring Palhihna in as well.

There is a 23 year old brazilian on loan at Espanyol this season called Vinicuis Souza who would be perfect for the DM role, very Casemiro-esk. Could see us trying for him in the summer when his loan ends and he returns to Lommel SK in Belgium.

Mentioned Souza back on the 4th of December, I will be expecting a scouting contract in the post Jeff!

Woburn Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Sarkic
Hodge
Cundle Jordao
Chiquinho Chem Corbeanu
Way too pessimistic. Look at our last team in the Championship. Oh BTW we are not going down.

Peszkywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Some suggesting we let 15 players go and then have £150m to spend on another 10 odd..... That's rubbish and there won't be anywhere near that amount of incomings or outgoings.

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Some suggesting we let 15 players go and then have £150m to spend on another 10 odd..... That's rubbish and there won't be anywhere near that amount of incomings or outgoings.
Likely 4 to 5 big outgonigs

Traore,moutinho,neves,nunes,costa

is the 5 i expect

with questions marks then over

semedo, raul

Others will be loans or sales but currently not counting them in the first team squad, giles/sanderson

Monketron

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I feel we've spent a big chunk (not all) of our Summer funds in January, which is understandable given the circumstances. Transfer fees may have been low for a lot of the signings but they're all going to be on big wages. People always laser focus on transfer spending's - we've spent more (net) than Liverpool is an example used a lot, but ignore the fact that Liverpool's wage bill is easily 3-4x ours.

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I feel we've spent a big chunk (not all) of our Summer funds in January, which is understandable given the circumstances. Transfer fees may have been low for a lot of the signings but they're all going to be on big wages. People always laser focus on transfer spending's - we've spent more (net) than Liverpool is an example used a lot, but ignore the fact that Liverpool's wage bill is easily 3-4x ours.
Agree it will definitely be sell to buy next summer I reckon.....which might not be a bad thing as I expect will get a decent amount from sales.......

Minimalist

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Likely 4 to 5 big outgonigs

Traore,moutinho,neves,nunes,costa

is the 5 i expect

with questions marks then over

semedo, raul

Others will be loans or sales but currently not counting them in the first team squad, giles/sanderson
I don’t see why so many people think nunes will leave?
I don’t think he will; wouldn’t be particularly bothered mind! - I just can’t see us selling him for less than we paid, and I can’t imagine anyone paying us more than we paid...

Jd132

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I agree with some that the likelihood of a massive Summer, given the spend in the last two windows and shape of the current squad is minimal. Costa leaving is covered by Fabio's return and there are numerous options in the squad to cover Moutinho and Adama's contract expirations.

From there, it is clearly sell to buy if even just to keep the squad manageable. Someone will have to pay £30-40mill to buy Neves and £50-60mill to buy Nunes and I just can't see either happening- just like the Tielemans sale never happened last year.

We keep being linked with left backs but I can't see how bringing in another left back that will take 6-12 months to get up to speed would be useful when we have two with such massive potential.

People saying names like Sa, Semedo or Podence should be moved on but any replacements could be worse with only marginal gains to be had for lots more money spent.

The only one I can see that we might really want to replace is Raul- who is also, helpfully, likely to have interest from MLS or Mexico. A major Centre Forward addition is what is needed and him leaving would provide that space and wages.

Everything else would just be playing around at the edges for me.

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I agree with some that the likelihood of a massive Summer, given the spend in the last two windows and shape of the current squad is minimal. Costa leaving is covered by Fabio's return and there are numerous options in the squad to cover Moutinho and Adama's contract expirations.

From there, it is clearly sell to buy if even just to keep the squad manageable. Someone will have to pay £30-40mill to buy Neves and £50-60mill to buy Nunes and I just can't see either happening- just like the Tielemans sale never happened last year.

We keep being linked with left backs but I can't see how bringing in another left back that will take 6-12 months to get up to speed would be useful when we have two with such massive potential.

People saying names like Sa, Semedo or Podence should be moved on but any replacements could be worse with only marginal gains to be had for lots more money spent.

The only one I can see that we might really want to replace is Raul- who is also, helpfully, likely to have interest from MLS or Mexico. A major Centre Forward addition is what is needed and him leaving would provide that space and wages.

Grimaldo on a free at left back would enable us cash in on Rayan and use the money towards a striker.....

Very Proud (AKA Still Proud)

Prouder than a proud thing in Proudville
Reaction score
Just thinking about our forward options come the summer.

Likely departures will be Raul, Costa and Traore, but that would then leave us with:

Matteus Cunha
Fabio Silva
Sasa Kalajdzic
Pablo Sarabia
Pedro Neto
Daniel Podence
Hwang Hee Chan
Chiquinho

I think with the addition of a penalty box poacher that looks half decent, just have to find that sniffer/fox in the box from somewhere

Krispy Kreme

Has a lot to say
Reaction score

Nunes £50m
Neves £30m
Neto £30m
Guedes £20m
Raul £5m
Hoever 5m
Coady 4.5m
Giles £2m
Sanderson £3m
Jonny £2m
Sarkic £2m
Bolla £2m
Kawabe £1m
Corbeanu £1m
Jordao free

So Newcastle are going to replace Botman with Kilman? Or is Kilman going to go and sit on the bench?

Reaction score

Semado being moved on wouldnt be a surprise, mentioned at the start of the season that i'd heard that the extention to his contract would be activated and the club would then look to move him on while he still had decent resale value.

Rangiora Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'm picking they will be planning ahead as best they can for both league scenario's

Tojo the grass

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Just thinking about our forward options come the summer.

Likely departures will be Raul, Costa and Traore, but that would then leave us with:

Matteus Cunha
Fabio Silva
Sasa Kalajdzic
Pablo Sarabia
Pedro Neto
Daniel Podence
Hwang Hee Chan
Chiquinho

I think with the addition of a penalty box poacher that looks half decent, just have to find that sniffer/fox in the box from somewhere
That is a decent pool of players, we have just been really unlucky with injuries. We do need an out and out striker like you say though.

Back
Top Bottom