Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Summer 2023 Transfer Window Thread

Golden Oldie

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
It’ll all be worth it soon when the FA deduct 10 points for them constantly sticking two fingers up to FFP.
Possibly but possibly not. They may not be in the upper pecking order but they have been in the top league for most of their time, and whereas minnows like Southend Utd cop for ten points deduction, no bother, I'd be surprised if Everton can't dream up an excuse for the Authorities to make a stiff letter and a fine of a few postal orders the punishment. Watch this space!

Dan G WWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
When you're spending £40m+ a player you can't afford to bench them for 6-12 months.

This is why us spending that money is stupid.

Spending that money on 3/4 young talented players you've scouted right. Then develop over a season or two is how it should be done.

Timberwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Explain to me how selling a player for £22m, replacing him for 8m and having £14m left to spend is self sabotage? If anyone is on a path to self sabotage it’s Fosun.
So, you think that’s the only factor that needs to be considered?
What about, I dunno, selling players that didn’t want to leave, the constant belittling in the media, not being fair to Raul, ****ing Moutinho off, wanting his pay-off, side-lining players, demanding money for more players after Wolves had spent ****loads over the previous 12 months…JL didn’t want to be here.

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Tres bon.... apparently

Do we need another defensive midfielder? It’s a bit like being linked with another LB, when we already have more than we need. How about being linked with another CB or AM, which is where we are light.

JamesWolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

JamesWolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Do we need another defensive midfielder? It’s a bit like being linked with another LB, when we already have more than we need. How about being linked with another CB or AM, which is where we are light.
He's not a DM he can just play there if needed, he's an attacking CM who can play on the wing

Timberwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Imagine blaming JL for wanting to sign an actual footballer.

I swear some of our fans have slowly been brainwashed by Jeff. Criminal neglect of a football club.
I wonder how many will give any credit to Fosun or Jeff when we stay up this season, haven’t been sold and have a healthier financial footing next summer. I bet the number will be pretty low, perhaps even in the minuses.
I’m not blind to the issues but spewing up vicious bile and hatred towards the very same people that got us to the Premier League and kept us here for six years, is bordering on psychotic.
I still find it strange that I get posts removed for using words like moron, idiot and fool, yet the angry, hate-filled posts I’m replying to, get to stay.
Honestly, a lot of you guys just need to chill.

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Good job he isn't a defensive midfielder then.

YouGottaRaulWithIt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
To be fair, from what little is on YouTube he looks OK. I would be happy if we signed him, but I take your point. We need a CB or forward first. Does this mean Toure is leaving?

Wolf in the sun

Has a lot to say
Reaction score

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I wonder how many will give any credit to Fosun or Jeff when we stay up this season, haven’t been sold and have a healthier financial footing next summer. I bet the number will be pretty low, perhaps even in the minuses.
I’m not blind to the issues but spewing up vicious bile and hatred towards the very same people that got us to the Premier League and kept us here for six years, is bordering on psychotic.
I still find it strange that I get posts removed for using words like moron, idiot and fool, yet the angry, hate-filled posts I’m replying to, get to stay.
Honestly, a lot of you guys just need to chill.
That "when" in the first sentence is one heck of a bold assertion. As a Wolves fan l really hope that you are correct. I'm far from convinced though; it certainly isn't a fact as you imply. Let's wait and see how accurate it is, just as the more pessimistic will have to.

I'm guessing that you have had posts removed, as l did and indeed had bans in the past, because the mods felt that you were targeting individuals rather than debating their views.

goldeneyed

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Bellegarde is exactly the type of player we do well with. Great move if he comes in.
And your precise knowledge of his abilities is what? As always, you have to ask if he is playing for a poor team like Strasbourg then why at 25 is he not playing for a much better team, if he is as good as you seem to claim. Of course hope he is that good but supporters often base their views on the flimsiest evidence.

Lobo de Ouro

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
And your precise knowledge of his abilities is what? As always, you have to ask if he is playing for a poor team like Strasbourg then why at 25 is he not playing for a much better team, if he is as good as you seem to claim. Of course hope he is that good but supporters often base their views on the flimsiest evidence.

If the rumours are true, he soon will be playing for a much better team... Wolves.

Wolf316

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
So, you think that’s the only factor that needs to be considered?
What about, I dunno, selling players that didn’t want to leave, the constant belittling in the media, not being fair to Raul, ****ing Moutinho off, wanting his pay-off, side-lining players, demanding money for more players after Wolves had spent ****loads over the previous 12 months…JL didn’t want to be here.

A He could have given Raul a send off and he admitted afterwards he should have
B We don’t know what went on with Moutinho but we do know he said he didn’t want to play and couldn’t be ***** to do the lap of appreciation which is pretty unprofessiona.
C He wasn’t demanding more money he was demanding THE money that he was told he would be getting.
D Thats purely your opinion that he didn’t want to be here. Mine is that he he did want to be here and he wanted us to be a successful football club. When the goalposts to achieving that were constantly moved he decided he’d had enough and left.

sc91

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The French league is technically very good and there often many gems hidden in its depths which get overlooked for numerous reasons, two key examples being N'Golo Kante and Riyad Mahrez, both not moving to England till there 20s whilst playing for lessor teams in France.

Wolves in all fairness have a very good track record when it comes to these sort of mid/lower signings, you bring in a player who is determined to improve and is grateful for the chance.

Other than that statistically he is a decent player, he has started the season well, he will integrate into our squad well given we already have three French speakers (Lemina, Traore and RAN) and represents a very risk free and all reward signing.

Hawkguy

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sell Collins for £22m buy Elvedi for £8m and have £14m left to spend. Makes perfect business sense but I guess that doesn’t fit the Julen is evil narrative.
You can feel how you want. I don't think he's evil, just full of himself. And I feel like he thought Wolves were beneath him and that won't change.

Back
Top Bottom