Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Summer 2023 Transfer Window Thread

rincewind

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think it’s fair to say that every one of our players is for sale if an offer comes in that gets close to our valuation.
Think it's fair to say just about every player in the Premier league is available if the valuation is met. For us the issues are will we spend the money and if so how well. Not whether we should sell for the right offer.

Kebab Warrior

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Okay, so... am I the only person beginning to suspect that Jeff is so psychologically unhinged by Lopetegui's brutal betrayal that he's now gone full Nicolas Cage, and like a jilted lover has doused his surroundings in petrol and is sitting alone at a table, slowly flicking his zippo on and off, with the flame reflecting in his dark, hollow, haunted eyes?
Best post ever

WolfInSheep'sClothing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think the most frustrating and annoying thing for me is that we have been so public from before the Neves sale of our need to bring money into the club via sales. How on earth is that good business sense? Surely if you do truly need to sell you don't advertise the fact and attract a load of buyers who are going to offer low prices.
Whoever did it should be fired...oh hang on it was Lopetegui.

Hawkguy

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sorry if wrong thread. On Twitter hours ago, assumed someone else would have posted..

View attachment 36681
I highly doubt a potential sale would this close and the new owners would allow the team to sell players like Nunes, etc.

I'm all for it happening if the new owners are just as ambitious as Fosun have been throughout their ownership. If they're not, it's going to be a very sad few years.

goldfish

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I highly doubt a potential sale would this close and the new owners would allow the team to sell players like Nunes, etc.
New owners might prefer no Nunes + less debt + better FFP position.

CelebrityWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
so where are we at regarding rumoured ins and outs right now? So tired of it I haven't looked in much.

Hawkguy

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
New owners might prefer no Nunes + less debt + better FFP position.
I mean I'd prefer no Nunes, but I still think they'd want to buy a team they believe can stay up and not have a bunch of assets sold with little time to get new players in.

Adrian_Monk

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Two very good signings for Forest. Their squad is looking a lot healthier for those arrivals. Very surprised Chelsea have let Andrey Santos go he was superb in pre-season

wolfgar

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It’s so grim watching clubs making some pretty decent signings and literally only having who we are selling next to talk about with a week or so left of the window. Many Championship sides have invested more money than us this window, and yet if we’d made just a few solid additions this summer, I reckon we’d have been top 10 no worries.

Last edited:

Corporate Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Where’s Hobbs? Anything happening at all a few days before transfer deadline? Hello local journos? Helllooooo???? Anyone there at all?? HEEEEELLLLOOOOOOOO……

*silence*
What can he do - honestly? There's no money to spend and he probably has no idea what funds (if any) will be made available if the likes of Nunes/Podence/Semedo are sold.

By the way - I'm not Matt Hobbs in disguise.

surreywolf

Reaction score
What can he do - honestly? There's no money to spend and he probably has no idea what funds (if any) will be made available if the likes of Nunes/Podence/Semedo are sold.

By the way - I'm not Matt Hobbs in disguise.

Read whole post - I mean anyone. We the fans have just been left swinging

goldeneyed

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Quite extraordinary. 25th August and we can't even muster a loan deal. Ridiculous for a so-called Premier League club. The worst summer for many years and all we need now is Nunes and perhaps others to go with us left with a sulking Podence. Shi and co seem to have no idea how utterly destructive this period has been for morale within and without the club. It is almost as if they want us to be involved in a relegation fight. I don't blame our own squad members if they are beginning to be increasingly bewildered and discouraged- perhaps to be reflected by a third defeat in a row even against an abject Everton? If that happens the writing really will be on the wall for the season ahead.

Golden Arrow

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Quite extraordinary. 25th August and we can't even muster a loan deal. Ridiculous for a so-called Premier League club. The worst summer for many years and all we need now is Nunes and perhaps others to go with us left with a sulking Podence. Shi and co seem to have no idea how utterly destructive this period has been for morale within and without the club. It is almost as if they want us to be involved in a relegation fight.
It's a most unhelpful start to a season, that's fie sure.
It will help when the window closes so we can see who's left to contend the rest of the season.

Back
Top Bottom