Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Summer 2023 Transfer Window Thread

Dan G WWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'd be OK with Cresswell and Antonio
Providing we aren't selling someone

They have a combined age of almost 70, will cost money to sign, atleast a couple year contracts and are currently on big money.

We don't need a left back, Antonio would be 3rd/4th choice striker.

If we have the cash for these, stop ****ing about and get Eveldi or a centre half in ffs.

rg4352

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Still think Elvedi is coming in, if it’s him cresswell and Antonio and no outgoings bar Jonny,Jordao, possibly Podence, I’ll be happy

Bawtry Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
They have a combined age of almost 70, will cost money to sign, atleast a couple year contracts and are currently on big money.

If we have the cash for these, stop ****ing about and get Eveldi or a centre half in ffs.
If we got a Centre Half in and didn’t sell anyone else then we have half a chance of getting to 17th.

What’s amusing me, in a if you didn’t laugh you’d cry, are pundits mentioning he played 3 at the back quite a bit last season. Wonder whether Hobbs spotted that as we’ve only got 3 Centre Halves, one of whom played left back last season. Very well I may add.

Raymont

Reaction score
I know it's easy to say in hindsight but the choice not to sell Raul and Adama at their peak was a huge mistake. I know Covid played a big role in that so I can't fully blame Wolves, but so much money just left on the table.
Very easy to say, yet I can't stop saying it either. The old squad management axiom of "better to sell a player a year too early than a year too late" comes to mind. In hindsight, Adama should have been sold to the highest bidder soon as Klopp said he was "unplayable".

Raúl is harder to say with as much clarity. From Project Restart up to David Luiz doing what he did, Raúl was less prolific than he was before.

But generally, Fosun aren't as good at "self-scouting" and knowing how to get the best value for our players as I wished they were.

Monketron

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
FOSUN have indeed pulled the financial plug for this season, had it confirmed a few weeks ago.

The surprising thing is that they don't want to sell, it makes little sense really.

Not that long ago that Fosun had to divest to keep debt under control. I imagine they still have long term plans for Wolves so just need to tighten belts for a while rather than cut and run completely (that or no ones offered them what they feel is a good enough price to sell).

Ewok vs Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Could argue that the group is lacking experience and leadership.
Who knows if o Neil sees Cresswell as an option as a left centre back in aback 3.
On Antonio he's bullied us in the past and would offer something different
They wouldn't be my ideal signings and I appreciate your point about their wages

Perton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Tim Spiers on The Totally Football show:

- Wolves need to sell even more to comply with FFP

Oh come on. They can't keep running that narrative can they?
The issue is that these journos seemingly take everything at face value and don't question it.

Glorified club reporters at this point rather than inquisitive journalists.

Dan G WWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Could argue that the group is lacking experience and leadership.
Who knows if o Neil sees Cresswell as an option as a left centre back in aback 3.
On Antonio he's bullied us in the past and would offer something different
They wouldn't be my ideal signings and I appreciate your point about their wages

Creswell is 5ft7 and will cost more then what we sold Giles for!!

Antonio was all pace and power. Age has caught up with him and now he can barely run!!

Hawkguy

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The way they’re going they’re going to have even less to show for it next year.
How do you figure? If we lose 41 million off the books, plus have a 40ish million profit to eat into the 80 million, we should have around 65 million in free space, give or take, so long as Fosun is willing to continue to invest which there is nothing happening to show they're not.

Most teams can avoid this by buying players like Jota and selling them for bigger money. Wolves... tend to buy players and then lose a ton of money on them. Even our best players now we'd lose massive money on if we sold them.

Thankfully we have someone new at the helm, but they haven't had much of a chance to show us if things will change in terms of what we buy.

Bawtry Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
How do you figure? If we lose 41 million off the books, plus have a 40ish million profit to eat into the 80 million, we should have around 65 million in free space, give or take, so long as Fosun is willing to continue to invest which there is nothing happening to show they're not.

Most teams can avoid this by buying players like Jota and selling them for bigger money. Wolves... tend to buy players and then lose a ton of money on them. Even our best players now we'd lose massive money on if we sold them.

Thankfully we have someone new at the helm, but they haven't had much of a chance to show us if things will change in terms of what we buy.
If we’re in the Championship our turnover and value take a massive hit

Irish_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Tim Spiers on The Totally Football show:

- Wolves need to sell even more to comply with FFP

Oh come on. They can't keep running that narrative can they?
How come every other club are not having a firesale???? Aston Villa have spent double in the last 5 years. A few extra stadium seats aint making up that difference

Irish_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Giorgos Giakoumakis reportedly wants back to Europe. Could be not spend a few mil to bring him in.

DanishWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The issue is that these journos seemingly take everything at face value and don't question it.

Glorified club reporters at this point rather than inquisitive journalists.
This! We're at such a crucial time for the club. We really really need some hard questions asked and some proper investigative journalism done.
Now I understand why Keen and Judah can't do it, although I'd appreciate a more critical approach.

But The Atletic are doing these such of in depth articles a lot, where secret sources tells them all kinds of things as they do some proper investigation and ask some good questions.
So why can't Spiers and Madeley do it? They supposedly had sources telling them things about Lopetegui as they did that character assassination of him in their latest Fosun PR piece in The Atletic.

DanishWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
That Spiers update was extremely bleak.

Made it sounds like more big sales are on the way, not just squad players, and even then it wouldn't be reinvested.
That would surely send us down..
I believe we can survive with the current squad but sell more players and we go..
Also we still only have 3 central defenders..

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
That would surely send us down..
I believe we can survive with the current squad but sell more players and we go..
Also we still only have 3 central defenders..
Yep.

I really think people have to get their heads around the worst case scenario. Everything they tell us is a lie.

In my opinion, we need to expect the worst. They are selling whoever they get offers for. They are putting nothing in. FFP is the excuse but we know it's not the case, and it can only wash for one window anyway.

We need a sale desperately.

wolfgar

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
That Spiers update was extremely bleak.

Made it sounds like more big sales are on the way, not just squad players, and even then it wouldn't be reinvested.
You can just sense it. Fair play to Gary O'Neil he's got some big balls stepping into this. Far more than Shi and Lopetegui have for sure

Back
Top Bottom