Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Summer 2023 Transfer Window Thread

DanishWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Welcome to nginx

Been deleted now but holiday madeley article on Scott written as if we signed him.
‘wolves hope that their newest recruit hits the ground running’
In fairness these sort of things are done quite often by journos.
Luckily most of them don't have some intern publishing it by mistake when they've gone on holiday..

surreywolf

Reaction score
I’m amazed wolves / Fosun don’t get on the front foot with some of this and say ‘we know it’s tough but we are facing real challenges and are determined not to follow the crowd and bankrupt our future but do things the right and sustainable way’

Especially with clubs like Everton and forest lining up to prove the point, and for every villa and even Bournemouth they are simply at a different stage of the same cycle we have been on. Swings and roundabouts

Maybe they / Hobbs will shortly

Cheers Jeff

Jd132

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Dwelling on our potential interest in Attila yesterday, I remembered that we were also linked with Batista earlier in the transfer window.

I am now thinking checking out guys with scary, kick-ass first names could be one of Julen and Daniel's scouting tricks.

I would not be surprised to see us linked with Hannibal Mejbri soon!
I just want to point out that I called Hannibal Mejbri on 9th July!

wwbug

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
its not inconceivable though that they know a lot of things behind the scenes from the FA or between clubs that we dont see about things coming up for quite a few clubs - transfer bans, sanctions, points deductions etc. as others have mentioned.

also for some of these clubs that have an actual firesale (to avoid further sanctions or administration etc) we could be in a position to pick some players up a lot cheaper, especially at youth level. i am trying to stay positive right now and so far in preseason we are looking really good on the pitch
Yes , there could be a lot of truth in that . Fosun are IMO extremely rational.
If FFP all kicks off , with Everton and perhaps Forest , we could be working on a last man standing scenario .

NewarkWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
So you think we can send 100 million every transfer window well my suggestion is support on of the big 6 because it ain’t happening at wolves anytime in the future or ever
No…. I didn’t say that. We’re talking about being best by Bournemouth to a target cos we can’t afford to match them.

Read the post…. Get your response lined up correctly if replying to someone

floydstreet

Reaction score
Bournemouth spending cannot be sustainable or pass FFP !!

Sure Scott might choose the bigger club and support of wolves
But it seems we aren’t able or willing to give him the choice presently

Premier Quality

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Bournemouth spending cannot be sustainable or pass FFP !!

Sure Scott might choose the bigger club and support of wolves
But it seems we aren’t able or willing to give him the choice presently
Why not? This is only their second season in the prem, that gives them a lot of leeway, in the same way we had in our second season.

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Why does that matter?

Because their cost base (wages mainly) is still likely closer to EFL levels than PL levels. While they have a small support, the bulk of their income will come from the PL distribution and commercial sponsorship, as it does for us, so their ratio of operating cost to revenue will likely be good. Over the years they remain in the PL, their cost base creeps up, and while their revenue also grows, it tends to grow more slowly than costs, and hence finances get tighter. All things being equal.

Premier Quality

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Because their cost base (wages mainly) is still likely closer to EFL levels than PL levels. While they have a small support, the bulk of their income will come from the PL distribution and commercial sponsorship, as it does for us, so their ratio of operating cost to revenue will likely be good. Over the years they remain in the PL, their cost base creeps up, and while their revenue also grows, it tends to grow more slowly than costs, and hence finances get tighter. All things being equal.
Yeah, what he said.

Adrian_Monk

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Big signing for them if they can get that one done!
Odd one. Liverpool, Spurs, Newcastle, West Ham and Fulham have all had a look, seems like Forest have jumped to the front of the queue. Roma had to sell because of FFP, but he made so many mistakes for them last season there was no way back this summer. I'm not at all convinced by him.

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Loojay

Has a lot to say
Reaction score

Bognor_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Honestly think the only way we make signings is near the end of the window when players/clubs are desperate for players to leave and we can get a couple of loans to a view to permanent deal...

Back
Top Bottom