Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Summer 2023 Transfer Window Thread

WolfLing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
In fairness everyone is constantly quoting rumours and journalists. 'They' haven't said a word and nor should they, as painful as it is for us.

One signing would change perceptions a lot.

Scott especially.

WolfLing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Don't know if others have picked up on the BBC article quoting Nigel Pearson yesterday?

Alex Scott: Bristol City will not sell midfielder for less than £25m - Nigel Pearson

Some of his quotes.....

"There have been bids in for him, but we'll try and keep him. But we're always on the lookout to try and add to the squad and make us better than we already are and I think that's something that will be constant for us."

"I don't know how many bids there have been, as far as I'm concerned we've made our stance quite clear as a football club and that is for somebody to gain the opportunity to talk to him we're talking about £25m."

"There have been reports of bids for £21m and stuff like that in various news outlets, I've even read with interest some journalists saying that maybe we're setting our price too high for him. But what they fail to understand is we don't want to sell him, that's why we're pricing him the way that we are, and actually having seen him since the start of pre-season we should be asking £30m for him, never mind £25m. The bottom line is we as a club have said 'he's going to cost £25m as a starting point' and if something happens where he goes for less than that then I won't be very happy, I can tell you that now."

Some pretty standard clichés in there. He says a few times that they want to keep him.

But it's very unusual for a manager to be saying he wants to keep a player, but at the same time quoting a price!

It's basically an open 'come and get him' to any club willing to pay the asking price!

Bognor_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
But still no explaination from the club..
This is so poor on every level.
More than poor it's an absolute disgrace....

If this was a more "popular" club i.e London, top six club this would be a much bigger story! The Lopetegui interviews and players but yet the club stay silent and the guy running the club is no where to be seen!

Seriously ****ed off with Wolves at the moment tbh...

DanishWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
More than poor it's an absolute disgrace....

If this was a more "popular" club i.e London, top six club this would be a much bigger story! The Lopetegui interviews and players but yet the club stay silent and the guy running the club is no where to be seen!

Seriously ****ed off with Wolves at the moment tbh...
It really is bizarre..
The only communication we've is, the PR team sending out happy training videoes, and pathos filles quotes from the Sasa documentary to try and counter communicate the negative stories. Do these people think we're that thick?

Tring Wolf

MolMix Poster of the Season Winner 2011-2012 and r
Reaction score
Awful news on all levels if this happens.

1. Missing out on a very talented young English player, who could develop into something very special.

2. Quite clearly, Scott has been JL’s primary target for a number of months now. On top of everything else, this could be the straw that breaks the camel’s back.

3. It’ll be strengthening one of the teams who will be battling it out with us down in the Bottom Eight.

Hugely worried now.

Back
Top Bottom