Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Summer 2023 Transfer Window Thread

RosehillWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I’m resigned now to thinking we are not signing a striker and Adams was never an option
Be good to get Elvedi and Scott over the line but we are lacking up top and no pace in the team with Traore gone
I can’t even think of a striker in our budget range though and it’s a bit worrying

berwickwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We aren’t neglecting the start of the season. However it is important to remember there are still 4 weeks until we play man utd in a game which let’s be honest is already a forgone conclusion no matter who we sign….

Pampers won’t be needed

The window is at its busiest before it closes. Due to agents haggling….
I'm genuinely expecting us to go to man utd and beat the ****ers! Wolves ay we. And even with the skeleton side we have, we have enough quality to compete. Arsenal or Man City, maybe.
Im nervous too about signings, but I have faith that Hobbs and Lopetegui know what they're doing and Fosun are smart owners. It's not easy, though!
Let's hope we get Elvedi and Scott and a new goalkeeper.
But the key is getting a striker. That has to be the main priority, even if Fabio stays.

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not only do you not know JL, but you also don't know ****, like me and everyone else on this board.
Wolves have already acknowledged they effectively lied to him and changed the approach after convincing him to join.

We're incredibly lucky he is still here.

He would have been justified in walking as soon as he found out everything he was promised turned out to be rubbish.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Does Traore B count as a Wolves signing at £9m? If so and we get Docherty on a free our activity is similar to most bottom half clubs so far.
What about Cunha? Didn't his transfer get finalised at the start of this season?

The Runner

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
It landed at Birmingham Airport at 1904 this evening based on Flight Radar, there were 3 flights out of that airport today and one of those was to Birmingham which would be a real coincidence if it wasn’t linked to the transfer somehow
It looks like it's a single-prop cargo plane so don't think it's going to be carrying passengers. Sorry to disappoint.

mibullock90

Reaction score
I’m resigned now to thinking we are not signing a striker and Adams was never an option
Be good to get Elvedi and Scott over the line but we are lacking up top and no pace in the team with Traore gone
I can’t even think of a striker in our budget range though and it’s a bit worrying
No pace in the team :tearsofjoy: ... Beuno, RAN, Semedo, Nunes, Hwang, Neto, Cunha, Chiquinho not quick enough for you? Crikey, there's a few things us fans can criticise about this current team but lack of pace is not one of them!

Wolf616

Groupie
Reaction score
Lopetegui won't walk, then he doesn't get a payout. It won't really affect his reputation if he's fired halfway through the season, so why bother quitting?

NothingButNeto

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It's officially my favourite part of the transfer window "Plane spotting"

Serious question, has anyone ever got one of the planes correct?

I am not bothered either way, I just love the level of commitment

Keep up the good work
Pretty sure someone on here tracked Semedo’s transfer through plane tracking

NothingButNeto

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
27 days … unless the crop from last season step up then we are looking shaky for August. If Scott goes to Bournemouth then the meltdown will be legendary
If Scott goes to Bournemouth it won’t be for lack of trying.

We would also just turn to one of the South Americans we have been linked with instead.

Flaneur

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Apart from the fact this guy is basically the German Ornstein and is bang-on with everything to do with German football. First called our Sasa deal last summer.
He’s not at all the German Ornstein. Ornstein is basically Percy level of reliability but for the whole country and ocassionally Europe too instead of just the Midlands

Florian Plettenberg is decent for Germany but i’d place him in at Tier 2 at best. Him saying we’re not in talks is probably quite similar to how the Flamengo fed journo kept saying negative news about Joao Gomes because that’s what he was being told to say by the club.

I wouldn’t place Keen as the top top source for Wolves either, but he obviously gets fed news by the club and if the club have told him we’re in talks for Elvedi then that is definitely the case.

Last edited:

Liam pearce

Groupie
Reaction score
If Scott goes to Bournemouth it won’t be for lack of trying.

We would also just turn to one of the South Americans we have been linked with instead.
If we could get medina and menino in for the same price I’d be ok with that. Think the CB from São Paulo looks to be too pricy which is disappointing

tamwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It looks like it's a single-prop cargo plane so don't think it's going to be carrying passengers. Sorry to disappoint.

That's to move all of his and his family's belongings.

The Clock

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Does Traore B count as a Wolves signing at £9m? If so and we get Docherty on a free our activity is similar to most bottom half clubs so far.

Similar to WH tbf.
Backwards

Last edited:

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Posting what I said so I can't know if true, snippets I get from a guy at Compton and football agents from a guy I worked with and a mate from school.

Either way footyinsider aren't reliable bust suggesting the same 25m bid

SoCal_Wolf

Reaction score
Wolves have already acknowledged they effectively lied to him and changed the approach after convincing him to join.

We're incredibly lucky he is still here.

He would have been justified in walking as soon as he found out everything he was promised turned out to be rubbish.
I will disagree with my own supposition. JL would have to be incredibly dense to not know that we were up against FFP, especially after the January spend. I really don't think he's dense, do you? I mean, some of the smarter posters on the Mix have figured it out and laid it all out there. Secondly, there is no acknowledgement of lies anywhere in the public sphere - just innuendo and speculation. Hobbs has been honest with what he's put out there, so I'm sure that JL and the strategic team knows the plan down to a "T" and they confirmed that they're on board.

Am I guessing, based on available knowledge? Yes. Are you and everyone else? Yes.

How about this? We maintain patience to let Hobbs' transfer plans play out - so far with outgoings, it's been going swimmingly in my opinion - great fee for Neves and Coady, decent one for Collins, Sanderson out, and we unloaded a sizeable wage bill by letting people go that we can either replace or didn't want to be here.

Now, we have credible links to Elvedi - upgrade on Collins? Easily. Credible information that we are in heavy deliberations re: Alex Scott. And we probably will be getting Doc on a free as an attacking option and cover at RB so that we can let Jonny go. Again, sounds like a plan being executed to me.

The last pieces will be CF and GK. JL is going to evaluate Fabio and Raul and then make a decision - I suspect we're ready to pounce on replacement options once that is done. GK will happen when/if Sa gets a credible offer.

I'm excited (nervous?) to see the incomings come in and I would love to hear who we will be bringing in, too. Let's see what happens. Stay calm everyone.

Back
Top Bottom