Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Summer 2023 Transfer Window Thread

Mugwump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Lage. That's the reason mgw isn't here. Absolutely atrocious manager. Mgw has proven his worth within one season and the fee looks good business by them not us. Mgw was fully within his rights to feel aggrieved at the way he was treated by that substandard manager. Miserable ****bag.

I'm not a Lage fan, but its not his fault Morgan isnt here. MGW was willing to stay, he just wanted to see how the season was panning out before he signed a contract extention. Fosun werent willing to risk losing value on him and him not signing so they cashed in early.

I dont get why people think he's been amazing at Forest. Their fans were very critical of him, then he had a good couple of months at the end of the season. Dont think he's been poor, but when you look at the season as a whole he's been no more than solid at best. For his sake, i hope he carries on his late season form.

SuperGran

Off with her head!
Reaction score
Argh getting my hopes up, spoke to a friend who's a bit of an in (small world Guernsey) with Alex Scott camp and he's telling us that Wolves is the preference and the choice of manager he would work with help?

Lord know that what means if Spurs come in, but man, the hopes are up.
Don’t think spurs have got a serious interest in him. He knows he’d get more game time at wolves.
Would hope we are pretty close with this if Percy is tweeting it

SuperGran

Off with her head!
Reaction score
Lage. That's the reason mgw isn't here. Absolutely atrocious manager. Mgw has proven his worth within one season and the fee looks good business by them not us. Mgw was fully within his rights to feel aggrieved at the way he was treated by that substandard manager. Miserable ****bag.
No it was nuno that he fell out with when he brought him back from loan and then didn’t play him. Him and his missus kicked off on social media and the relationship with the fans deteriorated

CelebrityWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
No it was nuno that he fell out with when he brought him back from loan and then didn’t play him. Him and his missus kicked off on social media and the relationship with the fans deteriorated

People like to ignore the fact Nuno was pretty poor with younger players still looking to break through.

Kilman didn't get his real chance til Lage
Vitinha couldn't get a sniff
MGW

When you look back, Nuno used the same 15 or so players unless he had no other choice for a few seasons.

Last edited:

Flaneur

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Eh? The same manager that built the whole side around him in preseason and appeared to be putting an arm round him and saying if he stayed he’d be the main man for us.

Lage had his faults & lost the squad on the whole, arguably mismanaged Fabio with his minutes etc. But I don’t think it’s fair to blame him for MGW.

Not that I thought he should have been starting for us at the time anyway, but if anyone caused MGW to want away it was Nuno. He recalled him from his Swansea loan, only to sit him on the bench for 6 months & it was clear he wasn’t happy. I seem to remember MGW publicly liking a tweet or two criticising Nuno & the club for this - Not to mention his Mrs piping up on a weekly basis slagging the club off and getting into petty arguments with kids on twitter.

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If we want a keeper to replace Jose Sa any suggestions other than the obvious Bounou??

Ugurcan Cakir - Trabzonspor - Keeper & club captain probably available for about €11m

groundhogwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Jesus wept, this MGW thing is becoming a bit like Jason and Kylie, how is it that some just can’t move on, maybe a few months in rehab.

Snarlingwolf

Groupie
Reaction score
I come on this transfer thread to read about rumours/ potential transfer targets and all I see is MGW this, MGW that.

FFS, take these pointless opinions on MGW to a place far away from here, eh?

Like, for instance, a thread on MGW.

Then you can drone on till the cows come home and until your heart is content about some other team’s player.

Now that would be great for everyone on here.

Thank you.

Dan G WWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I tried to look on the Bristol City forum to see what they was saying on Alex Scott. Couldn't find anything. Anybody else able to find anything?

maws

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I tried to look on the Bristol City forum to see what they was saying on Alex Scott. Couldn't find anything. Anybody else able to find anything?
There used to be a Bristol City fan frequent this forum, sure I saw them on recently. Any one?

Mugwump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
People like to ignore the fact Nuno was pretty poor with younger players still looking to break through.

Kilman didn't get his real chance til Lage
Vitinha couldn't get a sniff
MGW

When you look back, Nuno used the same 15 or so players unless he had no other choice for a few seasons.

Lets be fair, Vitinha looked average at best. MGW did next to nothing and Kilman just wasnt ready. He had some good games then dropped off. All of them were doing things that young players do. Not one of them did enough to demand selection in our team. I think in that third premier league season where we struggled i dont think throwing kids in would have helped them either.

WalsallWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Really hoping we get Alex Scott

Right now, he is exactly the profile of player we want to be bringing to the club

I know the past is past, but ****ing hell why did we spend that cash on Guedes when we have a young, talented player like Alex Scott determined to succeed at a high level.

SuperGran

Off with her head!
Reaction score
They don’t seem to have a transfer thread there’s a mention in the bristol v Torquay thread that they expect he’ll be gone or closer to going by then
bristol city forum mentions the latest from Percy and think they’ll accept it. Nothing we don’t know though

sillytuna

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The real issue is we sold mgw and bought guedes. One had a pretty good season, one was possibly wolves worst incoming in modern history. Now he's injured so we couldn't sell him if we wanted to. At least cutrone tried.

Can't repeat that mistake this season.

Mugwump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The real issue is we sold mgw and bought guedes. One had a pretty good season, one was possibly wolves worst incoming in modern history. Now he's injured so we couldn't sell him if we wanted to. At least cutrone tried.

Can't repeat that mistake this season.

Agree. I still dont think Guedes is a poor player. His output for Valencia is exactly the type of player we were looking for. You just arent getting the best from unhappy players forced into a move they dont really want.

lobodelsur

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I've not seen Scott play so can't pass judgment, but I'm concerned that we could be repeating the Nathan Collins scenario - paying a big sum of money for 'potential' to sit on the bench. We have other issues to address.

A wanderer from Bristol

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
They don’t seem to have a transfer thread there’s a mention in the bristol v Torquay thread that they expect he’ll be gone or closer to going by then
bristol city forum mentions the latest from Percy and think they’ll accept it. Nothing we don’t know though
Blimey, hats of for wading through the Bristol vs Torquay thread on another fans' forum. Above and beyond in terms of service to the Mix :)

Monketron

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not really a scummy move since PSV were daft enough to allow that clause.

If I were Xavi, I'd tell PSG you can sign me back for 6m but I want a low (ish) release clause. PSG would be making free profit basically and Xavi better wages than if PSV soaked up a huge transfer fee on his next move.

Back
Top Bottom