Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Summer 2023 Transfer Window Thread

Jd132

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Ever since lockdown and the first links to Palhinha I have wanted a 6'2"+ monster in midfield. Rodri at Man City and Fabinho at Liverpool have been central to their respective teams' success. Having one man with the ability to screen a defence on his own allows far more options and fluidity ahead of them.

The links to Kondogbia, Al-Musrati and Batista Mendy confirm to me that we are finally looking at a holding man with that sort of profile. Fingers crossed we get one or two over the line.

FJRWolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
The sale of Neves shouldn't come into any investigation surely. His value is around the amount we're getting. The 'last year of his contract so will go cheap' shouldn't come into it.

Very Proud (AKA Still Proud)

Prouder than a proud thing in Proudville
Reaction score
Why don’t the football authorities just allow their Champions League favourites, 15 points head start in their domestic league, unlimited spending power, 12 month transfer window and the ability to register 99 man squads, and be done with it?

Surely at some point there’s going to be a legal challenge to all of these restrictions of trade designed to protect the cartel and eliminate any potential opposition.

Anyway looks like Nuno has told Saudi it’s time to get the band back together.

Last edited:

JamesWolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The sale of Neves shouldn't come into any investigation surely. His value is around the amount we're getting. The 'last year of his contract so will go cheap' shouldn't come into it.

We asked for £45m and we sold him for £47m this is diabolical from Wolves, how dare we sell for 2m more than we asked. What a scummy club we are ....

Timberwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Have none of these clubs picked up on some of the obscene fees which the top 6 pay each for average if not poor players....

Havertz is been linked with a move to Arsenal for 75 million a player with slightly more goals than Podence in his Premier league career.

Mateo Kovacic link to city for 35 million, why do city want him?

Declan Rice 100 million in a similar situation to Neves with a year left ..... he is not as good as Neves in my opinion but he's justified as been worth twice as much?

It seems very similar to some of the complaints we receieved in the championship when it was found we were doing nothing wrong.

It seems like Mendes is very good to have on side with this new market emergening and other clubs want a share. There should have been more uproar about the country itself buying newcastle and buying success I have no doubt if Newcastle establish themselves as a regular top 4 team it will trigger no end of complaints from the established top 6 United/Liverpool etc.

in all fairness thinking about it if this Saudi League does ever compete with the Premier League we will have a fairer more open competition once the gravy train drys up.

I very much doubt any action will be taken the Saudis get a free pass with the relationship with government, the late queen was more than happy to host Saudis and accept there gifts regularly, despite all the terrible things the country is involved it is hardly mentioned in the mainstream press they are in bed with our government and I doubt they'll risk upsetting them even if rules are broken.
Saudi Arabia League is not now ‘big’ which I read on here earlier, and neither will it ever compare to the Premier League. Players build their careers in the European Leagues, then onto Saudi or the States for a payday. That isn’t going to change anytime soon.

NottsWolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The last year of his contract doesn’t appear be stopping West Ham wanting £100m for Rice.

I demand an investigation!

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The last year of his contract doesn’t appear be stopping West Ham wanting £100m for Rice.

England premium (keep hearing him being described as "England's next captain") and massively in demand (not fully sure why, myself)

Rauls Headband

Reaction score
"Fair Value Assessment Protocol" - what a load of ball-locks.

Where was that protocol when we paid £35M for Fabio Silva?
Where was the protocol when Man U paid £100M for Antony?
Where was the protocol when Real Madrid paid £100M for Tchouameni?
Where was the protocol when Liverpool paid £100M for Nunez?
Where was the protocol when Barcelona paid £65M for Raphinha?

No-one gave a bulbous baboons buttock while the money was being kept by a select few.

I said it elsewhere, the griping has nothing to do with ethics and everything to do with the fact a bigger dog has entered the fight, and the 'usual suspects' are worried they won't be able to keep the money sloshing around for much longer in their little circle of 'elite' clubs.

Don't be surprised to see the argument brought back up for the creation of a European Super League 'in order to compete' very soon.

Flump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

They have an extension clause, so it's effectively 2 years.

Flump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The Neves deal does look a bit like it could be a favour to Mendes. I.e. are we they saying that we would have turned down £40m, because we had such a strong negotiating position?

Imagine if Villa had done this, I think a lot of people on here saying it's obviously fine would have a different view.

Black Country Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The issue is with Chelsea owning 60% of PIF with conflict of interest possibilities
Also with Newcastle,although not involved yet,being owned by a consortium of Saudi clubs,which again could be a conflict of interest at some point
Throwing Neves into the mix is just to highlight the possibility of clubs using this to circumvent FFP,despite, as far as i know, we having no links to Saudi football at all
Chelsea are trying to sell 5 players worth around £100 mil to clubs they partly own in Saudi,this could get interesting lol
Better get the deals done before the big clubs put a lid on the Genie bottle

Black Country Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The Neves deal does look a bit like it could be a favour to Mendes. I.e. are we they saying that we would have turned down £40m, because we had such a strong negotiating position?

Imagine if Villa had done this, I think a lot of people on here saying it's obviously fine would have a different view.
Have no idea what your saying there lol

Werewolf of Wombourne

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
That the fee is higher than we all expected, so of course other teams are going to grumble.
A lot of the grumbling is going to be from teams who can see a potential relegation rival who could be in FFP trouble being given a boost. But £47m is close to his true value so not sure on what grounds they are basing the complaints on.

Very Proud (AKA Still Proud)

Prouder than a proud thing in Proudville
Reaction score
Could we ask for a retrospective investigation into the purchase of Guedes and ask for our money back :)
Not long before clubs start getting "PPI" no win/no fee type phone calls.

"Have you bought a footballer in the last 10 years?"
"It is possible you may have overpaid"
"Did you deal with Barcelona?"
"We can get you up to 40% of your fee back, if you register with us now"

Black Country Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
That the fee is higher than we all expected, so of course other teams are going to grumble.
I dont think they are tbh
For one the fee isnt that inflated when you look at Rice being touted at £100 mil
For another its the players choice,free movement of work etc,its a right
We may have got a bit more than expected,but last year we were asking for more and hes only 26 now
The fact that others wouldnt pay that much is up to them if they wanted him,no point moaning later

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
A lot of the grumbling is going to be from teams who can see a potential relegation rival who could be in FFP trouble being given a boost. But £47m is close to his true value so not sure on what grounds they are basing the complaints on.

100% It’s not unnoticed that in the press reports about Neves it’s been stated that if he doesn’t get a move this summer then he will sign a contract extension. So the usual arguments around one year left in his contract simply don’t apply here. So when Wolves say they value him at 45m long before the Saudi’s came sniffing, then they a solid basis on which to defend his sale price.

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Levy will 100% if the money is right! And the Saudis are the only league with the power to pay the over the top fees that Levy requires to separate him and the club from a good player.

This could happen, as if Kane goes whether it be this year or next spurs will drop down the league! Son is a good player and he wont want too many years like the last few.

EastDorsetWolf

Reaction score
Was due to sign for Arsenal last close season for £40m, so as you say close to his true value. Nothing to see here .

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
They have an extension clause, so it's effectively 2 years.

And it’s been widely reported for almost a year that Neves would sign a contract extension after this summer if he didn’t move.

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Bristol City will not be rushed into selling 19-year-old English midfielder Alex Scott, who is a £25m-rated target for Tottenham and Wolves

Back
Top Bottom