Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Summer 2023 Transfer Window Thread

Beeches wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score

It depends on the extent of changes that Julen wants to make. £45m in profit, if you believe the Jonny Phillips article, might just be to get us to a "breakeven" point.

Percy did say the extent of our spending will depend on outgoings. The difference now is that selling someone like Kilman might allow us to push the boat a bit and target players in that £20-25m bracket.
I would rarther we kept Kilman. Aren't left footed CB's hard to come by?.

hollo

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
A kilman sale represents almost pure profit. Try for 40 million.

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Anybody else feeling better about this window in that we don’t seem to be ****ing about with the outgoings? Obviously I’m not glad Neves has gone but at least we’ve got it done early and seem to have our heads screwed on and focused currently.

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
As much as people knock kilman on here…… he would be a massive step up on Eric Dier for spurs and as we all know he ticks the home grown box so if they shift Dier like they want to or cannot do that and sell winks (he is being aggressively touted around) then his signing covers them in a few ways.

Beijing Wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Kilman in a 2 with Dawson are a decent partnership. Apart from those 2 freak results we actually defended well under Julen.

What worries me is that Lop seems to like Garcia and having watched the Scotland v Spain match in March, I would much prefer Kilman. Garcia got tormented by the Scottish attack!

sc91

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It's spurs, if they want Kilman, you just faff and attempt to get Levy over a barrel and they'll give up.

AndyY

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Tottenham think of Max Kilman, Wolverhampton defender.

Interesting,

i mean if we offload and create 80m JL should be able to rebuild fully, with amortisation?
Except it is only £30M as Fosun are supposed to want £50M profit to keep ourselves the right side of FFP regs.

sc91

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He'll probably offer 20 quid and a bag of scratchings anyway the tight ****.
Exactly. It's Levy, he's gonna try his utmost to get a deal out of it rather than just stumping up the cash. Best team you can ask to come in for a player really because it opens up to how much a club will willingly accept for a player and Spurs are easily gazumped.

1972 i began

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Is 4-2-3-1 just an elaborate 4-3-3 though? I'd count the outside of the middle 3 as attackers (neto, traore)
I see Nunes as not as defensive as Lemina/Gomez but defo central.
I watched him closely in the friendly we had with sporting last year.He definitely played more central and he saw a lot of the ball.He will be better now Ruben is going as he’ll most probably be the main man.I like him.

1972 i began

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not something they’d announce, just gleaned from things.

Just think people shouldn’t expect we now have £47m to spend as I don’t think that’s the case.
I don’t know where it came from,apart from off here,but I was led to believe that we had to find 50m from player sales and anything above the 50 we can use to buy players.So obviously if we could amass say 120m from the sale we would have 70m to spend.Probably got it all wrong as that sounds easy.But if we could get the Saudis on board ya never know.

Black Country Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Except it is only £30M as Fosun are supposed to want £50M profit to keep ourselves the right side of FFP regs.
Where does this figure come from?
I havent read anything that states those figures
By my, admittedly guesswork ,calculations we are withing FFP limits before the Neves sale,not by a lot, but enough to buy without selling a huge amount
Ofc im sure we would like to move players like Podence,RAN and Sa out ,with decent cash in return, as that would free us up completely from FFP for this season,but i dont think a definitive figure has been mentioned

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Where does this figure come from?
I havent read anything that states those figures
By my, admittedly guesswork ,calculations we are withing FFP limits before the Neves sale,not by a lot, but enough to buy without selling a huge amount
Ofc im sure we would like to move players like Podence,RAN and Sa out ,with decent cash in return, as that would free us up completely from FFP for this season,but i dont think a definitive figure has been mentioned

It came from the Johnny Phillips article back in May.

“But Lopetegui was shocked when first told, several weeks ago, that the recruitment department was required to turn a substantial profit from the summer window’s trading, upwards of £50million.”

A reliable source, and it was when the question of whether JL would stay or not became real.

Black Country Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It came from the Johnny Phillips article back in May.

“But Lopetegui was shocked when first told, several weeks ago, that the recruitment department was required to turn a substantial profit from the summer window’s trading, upwards of £50million.”

A reliable source, and it was when the question of whether JL would stay or not became real.
Thanks i missed that one
JP is always pretty reliable in Wolves matters,but there seems several caveats in that article
It isnt stated that we must make £50 mil profit,just that Fosun wishes us to
Theres obviously money there to spend but we need to be cautious,this Neves cash,presuming it happens,will give us considerable leeway
Ofc more sales will happen, and hopefully quickly to give us the time to do some deals at a slightly higher level than we initially needed to

hollo

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Will they be paying us a loan fee for all of this or do we just effectively give them the coward until he goes for free?!?
He is injured until august so probably no loan fee.

hollo

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Gonçalo Guedes, 26, will be part of Benfica's squad for 2023/24, A BOLA learned from a source very close to the player, still recovering from the surgical intervention he underwent in the final part of the last championship.

The player, from Wolverhampton's staff, will thus remain at Luz to fulfill a new loan from the English club, as was the will of Guedes and those responsible for the reds.

This is, of course, good news for the Benfica fans, who see in Gonçalo Guedes someone with the mystique and charisma of the house where he trained, and who left in January 2016 to join the Paris Saint-Germain squad.

Since then, Gonçalo Guedes has already defended the jerseys of Valencia, from Spain, for five seasons, and, finally, half a season at Wolverhampton, from the Premier League, until he returned to Luz, on a permanent basis, last January.

Injuries, however, prevented the player from giving everything he wanted to Benfica and everything that was the expectation of Benfica supporters and officials.

Guedes returned, at the end of May, to undergo clinical intervention on his left knee, after having already been forced, on that same knee, to undergo meniscus arthroscopy in March.

The recovery period is estimated to be relatively long, and in that sense, Gonçalo Guedes is not expected to be able to start the new season with his teammates

Starsky

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Gonçalo Guedes, 26, will be part of Benfica's squad for 2023/24, A BOLA learned from a source very close to the player, still recovering from the surgical intervention he underwent in the final part of the last championship.

The player, from Wolverhampton's staff, will thus remain at Luz to fulfill a new loan from the English club, as was the will of Guedes and those responsible for the reds.

This is, of course, good news for the Benfica fans, who see in Gonçalo Guedes someone with the mystique and charisma of the house where he trained, and who left in January 2016 to join the Paris Saint-Germain squad.

Since then, Gonçalo Guedes has already defended the jerseys of Valencia, from Spain, for five seasons, and, finally, half a season at Wolverhampton, from the Premier League, until he returned to Luz, on a permanent basis, last January.

Injuries, however, prevented the player from giving everything he wanted to Benfica and everything that was the expectation of Benfica supporters and officials.

Guedes returned, at the end of May, to undergo clinical intervention on his left knee, after having already been forced, on that same knee, to undergo meniscus arthroscopy in March.

The recovery period is estimated to be relatively long, and in that sense, Gonçalo Guedes is not expected to be able to start the new season with his teammates

"As was the will of Guedes"

Maybe they can give the charismatic **** a heart when they operate on his knee.

The ****ing *****.

And relax...

Back
Top Bottom