Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Summer 2020 Transfer Window

Hawkguy

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He is an attacker, he plays off a lot and drops but idea he is in the middle of the park making tackles is crazy.
How? He makes more tackles per game than Neves and slightly less than Moutinho. And the majority of tackles come from the middle third of the pitch.

Last edited:

JohnB

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Any club that gets promoted and gets straight into Europe is going to get the same treatment! We’ve already balanced our books it seems as we narrowly missed the break even point.

effectively, if we don’t get into Europe next season we’ve got £33m extra to spend.
True.....but only if we don’t get back into Europe shortly after or else, like this time, we’ll be caught by past overspending.

I get why we were caught as we exceeded our expectations for reaching Europe, seems odd though that Premier League is more relaxed so you have to decide if you will reach Europe or not.

Redrockwanderer

Reaction score
O Jogo: #FCPorto have sales worth €60M lined up with Fabio Silva and Diogo Leite. The moves will be decided in coming days.

Could we be one of the clubs?

Wolfheart

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
True.....but only if we don’t get back into Europe shortly after or else, like this time, we’ll be caught by past overspending.

I get why we were caught as we exceeded our expectations for reaching Europe, seems odd though that Premier League is more relaxed so you have to decide if you will reach Europe or not.

The over spending came at the result of 2 lots of championship accounts where our turnover was £27m per annum.

It’s now over £170m.

As proved in 18/19 accounts wherewe spent over £100m and still recorded a £20m profit.

This years accounts will be even better even with Covid due to the return on player sales and increased sponsorships, merchandise sales, European football, etc.

Black Country Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Silva has broken 2 of Neves records this season for youngest ever League goal scorer apparently,very young still only 18 but potential,as said above Valencia were on the verge of signing Leite last week for £15 million

hollo

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Would anyone be averse to selling traore and buying three to four quality players. We bought traore for 18 million so we could make 50 million profit on him. By selling traore we could really develop neto by giving him more game time.
Olympiocas had some very good players that we could buy for 10 to 20 million pounds that would improve us. They sold us podence so despite them being champion's league we still have the pull of the premier league and they love money.

Keyser Soze

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
O Jogo: #FCPorto have sales worth €60M lined up with Fabio Silva and Diogo Leite. The moves will be decided in coming days.

Could we be one of the clubs?
Yes please to Fabio Silva! If both sales are combined 60M then its a relative bargain too as there was talk of 90-100M for Silva alone at one stage

With his young age and playing style, this guy would be the perfect understudy to Raul and eventual successor (if he would be willing to take that role)

Would be about as good as we could realistically expect for a No.9 signing this summer. Dearly hope it's us that's in for him, he's going to be a top player

Ponty

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Would anyone be averse to selling traore and buying three to four quality players. We bought traore for 18 million so we could make 50 million profit on him. By selling traore we could really develop neto by giving him more game time.
Olympiocas had some very good players that we could buy for 10 to 20 million pounds that would improve us. They sold us podence so despite them being champion's league we still have the pull of the premier league and they love money.

I see a slight flaw with this. Nobody will pay £68m for Traore. If by some miracle we got close to that I’m completely with you though.

D

Deleted member 5962

L'Eqiuppe say we are put off by the 25 million euro asking price for Todibo.

D

Deleted member 11332

I'd be well up for this but I doubt he will ever fetch that sort of money.

D

Deleted member 5962

Surprised at that. I'd say thats a fair value for him.

Its a story we have heard quite frequently in the past few years though. We express an interest in a player, get quoted a price and we back off as we find it too high. Hence my lack of surprise to find it happening again. We seem to have very firm ideas of what we are willing to pay, and it seems to quite often be at odds with what the selling club would be willing to accept.

SanFranWolf

Transfer summary thread supremo
Reaction score
Just wondering...

How much do we think we’ll spend in this window?

rincewind

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Its a story we have heard quite frequently in the past few years though. We express an interest in a player, get quoted a price and we back off as we find it too high. Hence my lack of surprise to find it happening again. We seem to have very firm ideas of what we are willing to pay, and it seems to quite often be at odds with what the selling club would be willing to accept.
Its probably all *******s and just Barcelona testing the water to see if anyone will bite at that price.

Miniwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Or its all just made up paper talk and rumours and it doesnt really happen, who knows but I dont take any of it as the truth.

whitnash wolf ex.dewsbury

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
isnt that the moxey way

Chris H

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Whether you agree with the level at which we’re willing to spend or not I’m glad we’ve got an idea in mind and aren’t willing to exceed that just because the selling club sets a price we view as too high. That’s how you become a West Ham or an Everton and pay over the odds for players. I’m happy we stick to our guns even if it may be a little disappointing to miss out on the odd player.

Maybe they will still pay what’s required for the right player as they did with Jiménez but I’m glad we don’t over pay, it means longer term we’ll be in a better financial position to continue to improve rather than ending up with players at the club that we’ll struggle to move on profitably as and when we look to sell or they wish to move on.

It’s worked out so far, I don’t think there’s any player we’ve signed yet that we couldn’t sell on for more than we’ve paid meaning worst case scenario and we’re in a position where we’re forced to sell, we’ll only ever improve our financial position.

AndyY

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Or maybe we are hoping the player will then ask for a move and a deal can be done.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Exactly! The 70 man first team squad of players from Mexico and all over South America etc would be a money spinner! My way is genius of course!
Would that generate enough revenue to avoid FFP problems???

Back
Top Bottom