Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Steve Gerrard

K

KiwiWolf

And I am stating facts based on edicts and instructions,there is a hell of a difference.

Edicts and instructions which referees constantly misinterpret. You may think you are "stating facts based on edicts and instructions", but you are merely interpreting them and then acting as you see fit based on your opinion and this interpretation. If everything was as objective as your "rose tinted specs" view would seem to indicate, then every referee would apply the rules in the same way and they would always get it right. Sadly this is not the case and leads to the inconsistencies we see every week from the men in black and the quite justifiable claims of bias and incompetence directed at them from the terraces.

M

Mr Wolf

Am I really oh learned one?I am stating fact asin instructions and edicts given to referees.If you bothered to read my post I said I couldn.t remember if Gerrard made contact.And I stand by my comment that if he repeats it next month he will be punished every time ,but you obviously know different.

You said that catching players after you have won the ball is a foul I'm saying it is not or it shouldn't be because sometimes you have to go through both to make a hard fair clean tackle.

If a player wins the ball then does a second type movement to kick a player then yes that is a foul but when you sliding through all in one movement with your legs straight they should be deemed good tackles.

bigbluewolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
You said that catching players after you have won the ball is a foul I'm saying it is not or it shouldn't be because sometimes you have to go through both to make a hard fair clean tackle.

If a player wins the ball then does a second type movement to kick a player then yes that is a foul but when you sliding through all in one movement with your legs straight they should be deemed good tackles.

So you are saying that referees should ignore instructions given to them from the ruling bodies because you don't think they are right. Just because a player gets the ball first doesn't mean it's not a foul.

Try refereeing matches and see how difficult the job actually is.

Jonzy54

In Memory
Reaction score
Edicts and instructions which referees constantly misinterpret. You may think you are "stating facts based on edicts and instructions", but you are merely interpreting them and then acting as you see fit based on your opinion and this interpretation. If everything was as objective as your "rose tinted specs" view would seem to indicate, then every referee would apply the rules in the same way and they would always get it right. Sadly this is not the case and leads to the inconsistencies we see every week from the men in black and the quite justifiable claims of bias and incompetence directed at them from the terraces.

I didnt say I agreed with everything I am telling you how it is.Up to you.

Jonzy54

In Memory
Reaction score

Maybe it shouldnt but it is

Uncle Festa

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I thought it was a fantastic challenge. And I don't rate Gerrard at International level or like the bloke.

OoohRobbieRobbie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Beastier;1390042[B said:
]Firstly I'm not disputing what a fantastic player at the top level Gerrard has been over the last few years[/B] & also an inspirational captain (though equally I remain to be convinced he still has it)

But yeah tis what I'm saying - he gets away with alot, especially when he plays at Anfield & I do think he has a tendancy to go in studs up & with 2 feet on a regular basis. Maybe not quite to the same extent of follow through as Lampards challenge on Hamill at Molineux this season but in my view (lawyers take note) alot of very nasty/dirty challenges that seem to go unpunished

I didn't say you were disputing that pal :D

We'll have to agree to disagree, Gerrard IMO does not regularly go in two footed, at all! He challenges hard and fair. Re the fair tackle versus Norway, 'not to the same extent' as Lampard's is an understatement mate! Ball first. If you catch the player through momentum, that happens. Read my earlier rant about the 'studs up' debate. What do you slide tackle with? Your heel? The tip of your toes? The laces? Or the bottom of your football boot?

OoohRobbieRobbie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Maybe it shouldnt but it is

Are you supposed to defy physics for a slide tackle? Does momentum not carry you through 'sometimes' if it's a square on tackle? No disrespect mate, but it's bull$$$$ comments like this that drive me insane. Slide tackling will be outlawed eventually, because people can't decipher between a dirty foul, and a fair, hard, clean tackle where the player on the other end get's caught because of momentum. It happens. It's a contact sport.

OoohRobbieRobbie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Again, spot on.

K

KiwiWolf

Are you supposed to defy physics for a slide tackle? Does momentum not carry you through 'sometimes' if it's a square on tackle? No disrespect mate, but it's bull$$$$ comments like this that drive me insane. Slide tackling will be outlawed eventually, because people can't decipher between a dirty foul, and a fair, hard, clean tackle where the player on the other end get's caught because of momentum. It happens. It's a contact sport.

....and technically, when you watch this replay in slow motion it was actually the Norweigan player who kicked Gerrards boot with his own follow through from kicking the ball, thus inflicting injury upon himself. So, does that equally not mean that he should be penalised for kicking Gerrard??

Stupid interpretation of stupid laws will ultimately kill the game. Christ there's more contact in the average netball match nowadays than in football. (according to my daughter at least!) :D

OoohRobbieRobbie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
....and technically, when you watch this replay in slow motion it was actually the Norweigan player who kicked Gerrards boot with his own follow through from kicking the ball, thus inflicting injury upon himself. So, does that equally not mean that he should be penalised for kicking Gerrard??

Stupid interpretation of stupid laws will ultimately kill the game. Christ there's more contact in the average netball match nowadays than in football. (according to my daughter at least!) :D

Stop being so logical. There was contact made afterwards by that nasty mans vicious, deadly, over the ball, heavy, out of control slide tackle. Banish him I say. They should risk breaking their own ankles by slide tackling with the top of their foot instead of the bottom.

J

Jameswwfc

Can't believe how over the top some are acting on here over the tackle, a good tackle like that used to really get the atmosphere going at times down the molineux, no wonder its so quiet nowadays if the reaction on here is anything to go by.

S

SimplyTheWolves

If you know what your doing and you get the timing right its quite easy to win the ball and follow through at the same time. I’m not saying Gerrard knew what he was doing but its not as difficult as it seems.

Jonzy54

In Memory
Reaction score
I will repeat it again.I couldn't remember who caught who.I am just stating if Gerrard does it again in the Euros he will be penalised.Raise your foot and you will be penalised-fact.
I didn't say I agreed with it necessarily I am just stating how it is.
What I won't accept is people who have never refereed a single game coming on here and abusing me about refereeing.
I have refereed over 1500 games,many of which are at the highest level ,including abroad,as opposed to barrack room lawyers who talk through the bottom of a glass.I have kept my counsel up to now but I think I know what edicts and instructions are given.,whether I agree with them or not.:mad:

S

SimplyTheWolves

I will repeat it again.I couldn't remember who caught who.I am just stating if Gerrard does it again in the Euros he will be penalised.Raise your foot and you will be penalised-fact.
I didn't say I agreed with it necessarily I am just stating how it is.
What I won't accept is people who have never refereed a single game coming on here and abusing me about refereeing.
I have refereed over 1500 games,many of which are at the highest level ,including abroad,as opposed to barrack room lawyers who talk through the bottom of a glass.I have kept my counsel up to now but I think I know what edicts and instructions are given.,whether I agree with them or not.:mad:

Well put ref.

M

Mr Wolf

So you are saying that referees should ignore instructions given to them from the ruling bodies because you don't think they are right. Just because a player gets the ball first doesn't mean it's not a foul.

Try refereeing matches and see how difficult the job actually is.

No I'm saying they should not be deemed as fouls and the instructions should be changed, it's got nothing to do with the refs.

But yes a lot of referee's, pundits, media & governing bodies have lost sight of what a bad tackle is.

bigbluewolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
No I'm saying they should not be deemed as fouls and the instructions should be changed, it's got nothing to do with the refs.

But yes a lot of referee's, pundits, media & governing bodies have lost sight of what a bad tackle is.

So is a bad tackle only one that injures a player? Oh wait, Gerrard did injure the player so it can't be that.

Maybe you need to break a player's leg before it is deemed to be a foul.

M

Mr Wolf

So is a bad tackle only one that injures a player? Oh wait, Gerrard did injure the player so it can't be that.

Maybe you need to break a player's leg before it is deemed to be a foul.

Players get injured having been on the receiving end of fair tackles so what are you on about?

That Gerrard tackle should not be considered a foul simple.

OoohRobbieRobbie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Players get injured having been on the receiving end of fair tackles so what are you on about?

That Gerrard tackle should not be considered a foul simple.

Please respond to that Big Blue Wolf, because for one, it is spot on, and two, seriously, what are you on about?

Phitsanulok (Poole) Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He left the ground and put the player out of the game. Red card in Euros every day, they wouldn't be able to get it out quickly enough.

Back
Top Bottom