Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Sterling

M

Mr Wolf

Liverpool are $$$$ & going nowhere, nothing wrong with wanting a move to a better team.

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
This thread links nicely with the recent 'dullest Prem' thread where any young, decent players only want to play for the top 3 or 4 sides and as good as Liverpool are they ain't that! Last season it was Shaw and Chambers, prior to that Walcott and Phil Jones, this time it's Sterling.

W

Wolfgang Wolf

the staggering hipocrisy of liverpool and their supporters is what gets me.

they are fortunate enough to be right at the top end of footballs pecking order and are happy to use that to raid other clubs for their best players such as recently southampton

but heaven forbid if tables are turned and the worlds 7th best rated player decides, correctly, that he can do better elsewhere.

E

Essex Wolf

Hope he gets his move and the whole saga can be forgotten.

Good player he may be but is inconsistent and nowhere near world class as yet but SSN keep blathering on about this issue as if Sterling really was a true great which as yet he is not.

As for LFC, might still be near the top end of game in England right now but just like Wolves of many years ago they are no longer the best in the country and their hypocritical supporters don't like it.

E

Essex Wolf

Bullied

Not so much about what's said in the article itself some of which I happen to disagree but can anyone out there explain why the headline uses the term bullied?

It seems rather a throw away almost flippant comment which belittles the true meaning of the word and how it really does and very sadly impact and affect/effect some people in life.

WalsallWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Of course there is nothing wrong with wanting to better himself etc.. but the lad is 20. He needs to have a word with himself.

E

Essex Wolf

Of course there is nothing wrong with wanting to better himself etc.. but the lad is 20. He needs to have a word with himself.

Exactly mate. It's as if he wants to run before he can walk albeit he can actually run very fast, very very fast but you get the gist I'm sure.

I just find the "Bullied" term strange. Seems to me that PL players are extremely well paid and pampered. He is a professional athlete who is involved in one of the highest paid sports going. As such I dare say he'll be under a certain amount of pressure but does that not come with the terrain?

Bullied is a ridiculous term to use when talking about a 20yr old who is very likely a millionaire already and with many years ahead of him will earn just more and more.

Vietnam Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He's just had a fairly average season after an excellent season in 13/14. Not the best negotiating position in all honesty, and certainly not a place from where his agent can dictate and bully. If I was Liverpool I'd sell him whilst he still has 2 years on his contract. His future is uncertain, and he won't keep that pace forever.

Vietnam Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He's just had a fairly average season after an excellent season in 13/14. Not the best negotiating position in all honesty, and certainly not a place from where his agent can dictate and bully. If I was Liverpool I'd sell him whilst he still has 2 years on his contract. His future is uncertain, and he won't keep that pace forever.

Liverpool has now cancelled the meeting planned today after his idiot agent said he's not interested in a deal of 700, 800, 900k a week.

Oh When the Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I would love man city to offer him 20 000 a week and then him turn around and reject it .

If I was Chelsea or man city I would make an offer like that just to make him look the $$$$ he is

S

Smithy

I think what all the moaning Liverpool fans and pundits getting worked up over the fact he's not showing loyalty, not bigger than the club etc etc should remember is... They pinched him from QPR for less than a mill. He's not a product of their academy so what does he owe them. $$$$ all.

Oh When the Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
To be fair they gave him a chance , and looked after him . Not over using him to save his body at a young age and gradually easing him into the premier league .

O

Orbital Wolves

He's had a poor last few months, as much end product as RVLP

If I was Liverpool, hawk him to the highest bidder. Get stupid money for him

Or are they worried Brendan will buy another couple of Lovrens?

S

Smithy

All they did was poach an extremely talented youngster from another club and play him. Yeah they gave him a chance but have Liverpool done anything that any other club wouldn't have?

I'm not a huge fan of him personally I think he's a bit overrated and comes across as a moron however, he's clearly stated and I believe him that it's not about money, so obviously he feels his ambitions are greater than a LFC team that I can't see winning trophies any time soon. So I don't understand what all the hysterical critisism is about.

He probably watched the absolutely world class Saurez leave for a small fortune and the money reinvested in a load of mediocre squad fillers and thought I can do better. He probably can

Oh When the Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I agree with most of that but I do think Liverpool helped his progression significantly the way they gradually introduced him when most teams would have burnt him out and not cared one bit

Mark Rankines Lovechild

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
after seeing him play live, I was struck by how much better he was than I gave him credit for. Liverpool can be as indignant as they want...didn't hear them complaining about his attitude in wanting to join them from QPR when they poached him..so why should they be astounded now that he doesn't want to stay at a club that:

A. Wins nothing.
B. Sells its best players
C. Buys mediocre replacements

Gerrard makes me laugh, preaching loyalty when he was all set to once leave for Chelsea, until the self proclaimed "greatest fans in the world" sent him bullets through the post and he $$$$ his pants and signed a new contract.

Liverpool fC have conducted pretty much everything involving Sterling via the press, it really smacks to me of casting a player, that has indicated that they want to leave - no matter what financial incentive is on offer, to the lions to prevent a backlash from the fans.

Last edited by a moderator:

Henry Palfrey

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
They could save a load of cash by getting rid and signing Sako to replace him

Dan G WWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
How many times does me need to say he doesn't care about the money for people to listen. If he wanted money he would stay at Liverpool because they would give him the highest he could get.

He wants to play in the beat team that he can. He wants to become the best he can, in an ambitious club.

Let him, move.

D

Dewsburywolf

He wants to play in the beat team that he can. He wants to become the best he can, in an ambitious club.

Are Chelsea, Man. City, Arsenal (not sure the rumours are true & where would he fit in anyway?) or Man. United really interested in him? Any of the foreign Champions League teams? Therefore isn't he already at the best team he can be at?

Dan G WWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Are Chelsea, Man. City, Arsenal (not sure the rumours are true & where would he fit in anyway?) or Man. United really interested in him? Any of the foreign Champions League teams? Therefore isn't he already at the best team he can be at?

Who knows. Only time will tell.

If SAF was at Man United that's where he would be heading.

Man City do need new players and he is very good for his age.

Mark Rankines Lovechild

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

He will easily get a move to a top club - Man City is my bet. Will he be a regular starter...that's more of a question...its up to him to prove it. Liverpool are not a great team, he can do better.

Pretty much all the talking has come from Liverpool, he has kept silent. For once I do believe it's more about him wanting to be challenging for honours and not cash. Sterling has none of the Liverpool ties that kept Gerrard and Carragher at the club.

M

Mr Wolf

He's probably looked at Gerrard & thought he wants a title & some medals & he's not going to do that anytime soon on that team.

Vietnam Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I agree with MRL. Man City would appear the place hes most needed right now. But suspect he'd sooner move back to London area where he grew up.

Sent from my SM-G900H using Tapatalk

E

Essex Wolf

Brendan Rodgers expecting him to see out his remaining 2yrs of his contract. Well if contracts were worth the paper they're written on maybe but they seem worthless at times and if Sterling wants away then reckon he'll be going.

LFC are not the be all and end all club many of their supporters seem to still believe. If it's not a money matter then whilst disagreeing with how players at times go about their business LFC should cash in whilst they can. Because another 12 months from now and if forced to stay his value could decrease a fair bit as well as his performance.

Of course LFC could do what I'd like to see, and the same with other clubs in their position for that matter. Make him see out his contract and if he doesn't like it bloody tough and for having a bad attitude about it stick him in the reserves. Sterling was obviously happy at some stage in his career to sign the deal he is currently on so making him see it out is acceptable to me. Won't happen though I know because money talks.

Ewok vs Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
As much as i'd to see Sterling rot in the reserves for 2 years money will talk, if a bid comes in around anywhere near 40m or whatever the reported fee might be he will be off. They can't afford to let an asset like that decrease in value, unfortunately the player power will come through once again.

E

Essex Wolf

As much as i'd to see Sterling rot in the reserves for 2 years money will talk, if a bid comes in around anywhere near 40m or whatever the reported fee might be he will be off. They can't afford to let an asset like that decrease in value, unfortunately the player power will come through once again.

This.

F

FLEET WOLF

Brendan Rodgers expecting him to see out his remaining 2yrs of his contract. Well if contracts were worth the paper they're written on maybe but they seem worthless at times and if Sterling wants away then reckon he'll be going.

LFC are not the be all and end all club many of their supporters seem to still believe. If it's not a money matter then whilst disagreeing with how players at times go about their business LFC should cash in whilst they can. Because another 12 months from now and if forced to stay his value could decrease a fair bit as well as his performance.

Of course LFC could do what I'd like to see, and the same with other clubs in their position for that matter. Make him see out his contract and if he doesn't like it bloody tough and for having a bad attitude about it stick him in the reserves. Sterling was obviously happy at some stage in his career to sign the deal he is currently on so making him see it out is acceptable to me. Won't happen though I know because money talks.

Spot on Essex. It also seems to me that perhaps he has reached his peak as a player and may not get any better-think teams work out players like him.

sc91

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Sedgley Gold N Black

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
They should take the money and sign a real world class player, maybe even two.

Instead though they'll sign some more bang average English players and a few foriegn players with potential that can go either way.

Berlin Wolf

Supporters Clubs Empresario
Reaction score
Would love Sterling to be invited to Molineux for an interview.

And be a fly on the wall when wage discussions start between Sterlings agent and Jez Moxey..

G

goddard

There are not quite a few 20 12 months olds superior to him within Globe soccer. Liverpool are not really a major club any more so he's every right to possibly be buying a improve.

Back
Top Bottom