Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Sterling

Ewok vs Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sorry if there is another thread i should of used but didn't see anything.

Anyway, expected to tell Liverpool that he wants to move.
From his point of view of course he has a better chance of winning trophies if he was to move to City for example but is he really that good? He has potential but has yet to actually proved or achieved anything yet. Is this what the game has come to? Some 20 year old kid who's achieved nothing dictating a club like Liverpool?
Seems as though Liverpool have handled this very poorly for months with Rodgers saying he's been offered this and that and surely would of been better doing such negotiations behind closed doors.
I turned SSN on at 10pm last night and Sterling was the main story rather than WBA beating Chelsea. Is he really some kind of world super star worth 40m+?

D

Dewsburywolf

And people are saying Sako's greedy for wanting £80k a week. What's this guy demanding?

Simmowolf

Reaction score
They were talking about £60M on TalkDrivel last night. Ludicrous.

PREM.L.L

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think he's gone off the boil a bit but when he's on his game his pace makes him unplayable imo................It always sticks a bit though, 18,19,20 year olds demanding the earth.

B

Bob Loblaw

There aren't many 20 year olds better than him in World football. Liverpool aren't really a top club anymore so he has every right to be looking for a step up.

D

Dewsburywolf

There aren't many 20 year olds better than him in World football. Liverpool aren't really a top club anymore so he has every right to be looking for a step up.

Scott Sinclair had the same attitude, remind me where he's at these days

Oh When the Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He is ok . Very raw.

End product isn't good enough to be a top player or to be as good as he thinks he is .

Sketchead

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
There seems to be a lot of people jumping on Sterling for wanting to move.

Last season he proved he's one of the better young players in world football. Admittedly this season he hasn't been as good but their entire side has been average at best.

Sterling is good enough to play for a top four side and that's what he wants to do. As far as I'm aware he hasn't come out and said he wants more money etc, he just wants to play for a better club. What's he done wrong?

Summer_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
As Carragher said on MNF last night, you've got to earn your big move. Sterling hasn't even turned up in the big games for Liverpool this season in the champions league and in the cup semi final. Of course a lot of this is agent driven but it's insane that he thinks he's better than Liverpool...

Taffywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
And there lies the problem with modern day footballers. He hasn't even made a name for himself yet in the game yet and he wants to leave a massive club like Liverpool. The lads an absolute ****.

P

Phys Ed Wolf

Nose put out of joint when Coutinho got the position he wanted and not happy Suarez was let go and not properly replaced. Liverpool are not matching his ambitions and haven't taken advantage of their good season last year and how poor the rest of The Prem has been this year.
Not saying he is right to leave so soon but can understand it. I do agree with the Sinclair comparison though. He needs to be careful peopl aren't saying "What happened to..." in 3 or 4 years time before signing a year long loan to a newly promoted Prem team to get his career "back on track".

Meis_Corn

Reaction score
We need age determined wage caps. You should only be able to earn a certain amount per week as a footballer until you are, say 25, where you are free to earn any amount that your club are willing to pay.

This will never happen though, especially in this country.

W

WasStefan

Will never happen. Anywhere. Age discrimination / demand & supply etc etc

E

Essex Wolf

Tremendous talent who possesses all that's needed to be a truly great player but his attitude seems lousy and he lacks consistency.

Some games he is fantastic whilst others barely makes his mark. Might end up being a true great but certainly not at present.

Golden Arrow

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Tremendous talent who possesses all that's needed to be a truly great player but his attitude seems lousy and he lacks consistency.

Some games he is fantastic whilst others barely makes his mark. Might end up being a true great but certainly not at present.

Where have I heard that before closer to home. :)

Sedgley Gold N Black

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think he'll get found out if he moves to a top club now.

His main strengths aren't his technical ability or a 'footballing brain' where playing around better players will make you look even better, it's completely opposite for him his poor decision making and end product will be shown up even more around superior players.

His best asset is his pace and exploiting the space in behind teams on the counter, something that he's more likely to find playing for say a Liverpool than for a team the opposition come to park the bus against, that's probably why Lukaku didn't really get the chance at Chelsea as that's his strength.

I'd say the Ox is much more developed technique-wise than Sterling yet even he is struggling to break into Arsenal and Gotze at Bayern for a more extreme example.

Last edited by a moderator:
M

MonkeySpanner

Don't think it's about the money as much as the atmosphere at Liverpool. Just have a feeling that something is not quite right there. Wether that's to do with Rogers himself or something else in the background I'm not sure but even Stevie G doesn't look happy there these days.

JR WAS KING

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Don't think it's about the money as much as the atmosphere at Liverpool. Just have a feeling that something is not quite right there. Wether that's to do with Rogers himself or something else in the background I'm not sure but even Stevie G doesn't look happy there these days.

Stevie G never looks happy

D

Dewsburywolf

To be fair he's in a whole different galaxy to Sterling :goodnight:

D

Dewsburywolf

I think he'll get found out if he moves to a top club now.

His main strengths aren't his technical ability or a 'footballing brain' where playing around better players will make you look even better, it's completely opposite for him his poor decision making and end product will be shown up even more around superior players.

Shaun Wright-Phillips?

GY Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
His end product is absolutely awful a lot of the time.

GY Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
i think he'll get found out if he moves to a top club now.

His best asset is his pace and exploiting the space in behind teams on the counter, something that he's more likely to find playing for say a liverpool than for a team the opposition come to park the bus against, that's probably why lukaku didn't really get the chance at chelsea as that's his strength.

I'd say the ox is much more developed technique-wise than sterling yet even he is struggling to break into arsenal and gotze at bayern for a more extreme example.

+1!

W

Wolfgang Wolf

And there lies the problem with modern day footballers. He hasn't even made a name for himself yet in the game yet and he wants to leave a massive club like Liverpool. The lads an absolute ****.

no he's not
my daughter has met him and says he was modest, friendly and approachable.
when she said she'd put in a good word for him at wolves he said thanks very much

D

Deleted member 4453

I think if he moves he could go right off the boil. That said it could also be a move that defines him if he proves himself. You have to agree Liverpool's side this year has been poor and I think he has bared quite a bit of the stick.
The possible move to Arsenal for me would be his best choice if he was to move at all.
They seem to have a better way of developing players there. You only have to look at Afobe for proof of this

W

WasStefan

Would like to say those knocking a 20 year old surprise me but unfortunately they don't. A lot of it is just plain jealousy in my opinion

Chungster

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
W

Wolfgang Wolf

Once you tire of laughing at the sheer ludicrousness of some of those numbers and the twisted heirarchy they represent the whole fabric of the sport just starts to stack up like the product of a post-pub game of Jenga and it becomes an apocalyptically depressing read.

chill out, it's just numbers

O

Orbital Wolves

Harsh but fair. Cue the Scouse outcry

"We feel de pain"

Back
Top Bottom