Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Stephen Hunt

Derbywolf85

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Looks like the wee Irishman has played his last game in a Gold shirt. Tim Nash on twitter, reporting from Ståle's Pre Match Presser, says Hunt has a hip injury and needs an op so will be out long term.

Will never forget THAT goal, but what a poor piece of business he's turned out to be!:dong:

Last edited by a moderator:
S

Sandwell Wolf

You win some, you lose some.

Let's not use this thread as another stick to beat Mick with. We've moved on. Our future will be written by the likes of Sako, Doumbia, Pzesko and Sigurdarson, not Stephen Hunt.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Time for Zele or Forde to step up and be counted in the absence of Boukari.

Derbywolf85

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not intended to be a stick to beat Mick with at all. I was Pro Mick, not Anti. Just that we never saw the real Stephen Hunt in his time here because of injury.

WalsallWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think in Peszko we have the player that was intended to be Hunt.

Sketchead

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Poor Hunty. Always liked him, gives 100%. Hope he recovers fully and gets himself a good new club if his future isn't with us.

Vietnam Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yet another one we signed crocked who played a fraction of the games he could have. In one twelve month period we signed Mouyokolo, Hunt and O'Hara.

All with serious histories of injury, none of who ever recovered.

Who makes these decisions on injury-prone signings ?

Vietnam Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yet another one we signed crocked who played a fraction of the games he could have. In one twelve month period we signed Mouyokolo, Hunt and O'Hara.

Sorry - I do realize all three may well recover fully but would be massively surprised if any of them do ...

Sketchead

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Bit harsh criticising the O'Hara signing IMO. He did have a history of injuries but he was on fire during his loan spell.

Vietnam Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Bit harsh criticising the O'Hara signing IMO. He did have a history of injuries but he was on fire during his loan spell.

For some of his loan spell ... And how much after it when on a very generous 5 year contract Or are you having a giraffe :D ?

B

bridgnorthwolf

Poor Hunty. Always liked him, gives 100%. Hope he recovers fully and gets himself a good new club if his future isn't with us.

Agreed, always liked him before he signed for us.

And how can anyone say he wasn't good business when he scored a goal worth about £90 million. Without that goal we know for a fact that we would have gone down, but even before that goal we would have been relegated were it not for his performances at the tail end of that season. Against Albion in particular.

But Slawek is his replacement and I like him very much and from this point on will be far more effective than Hunty, but will always like Hunty and he's etched his place in Wolves folklore with that goal.

Sketchead

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
For some of his loan spell ... And how much after it when on a very generous 5 year contract Or are you having a giraffe :D ?

Imagine what we'd have all been saying about the management/board if we didn't sign him after his loan spell.

k-dog

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
we stayed up by 1 point, so 'that goal' didn't actually save us from relegation?

Vietnam Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Imagine what we'd have all been saying about the management/board if we didn't sign him after his loan spell.

It's the length of the contract that $$$$es me off . One / two year or "pay as you play" would have been a wiser move.

Sketchead

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
we stayed up by 1 point, so 'that goal' didn't actually save us from relegation?

Us getting that goal made Blues push forward to get another goal, and they ended up losing.

A

andyc225

We all knew that Hunty wasn't going to be offered a new contract, but I was sort of hoping he'd get a few cameos to give him an opportunity to say goodbye. Nice bloke, great sense of humour but unfortunately he's finished as a professional footballer.

Vietnam Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Us getting that goal made Blues push forward to get another goal, and they ended up losing.

Actually Hunty's goal would have kept us up even if Spurs hadn't scored. Hunty is one of my favorite players for that reason. It doesn't mean he was a particularly good signing though.

J

JR's Boots

Good luck to Stephen and George in recovering from their respective injuries.

However from a squad building point of view this is not good news as they are effectively bed blocking as they remain on our wage bill and now cannot be moved out.

WalsallWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Something some Wolves fans still seem unable to accept.

Your right, but it was that goal which meant Blues had to stick everyone forward to get the win which left then $$$$ed at the back and Spurs went on to score. That goal did effectively keep us up, despite finishing a point ahead.

D

Deleted member 3751

Before he swung his left foot we were going down, he scored and it left us safe on goal difference provided Birmingham didn't score again, and in pushing for the goal that would have kept them up, Pavlyuchenko scored on the break. Before Hunt scored Birmingham were just knocking the ball from centre half to centre half to waste time. Hunt's goal most certainly DID save us, but just by looking at the final league table you wouldn't think so.

B

bridgnorthwolf

Exactly!

Until that goal went in, Birmingham were camped in their own area. They had parked the bus and were happy with their point.

That goal meant we would have survived on goal difference (or was it even goals scored? Can't quite remember now), meaning Birmingham had to pile forward to try and get a winner to save themselves. They all piled up for a corner, which I think Roger Johnson nearly got to. Then Spurs had a break and Pavlyuchenko knocked in a winner for them. None of that would have happened if Hunt hadn't scored.

SmokeyGB

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Great bloke down to earth, both me and Dewsbury meet him in Ireland.
Gutted because not the type to chase the mo.ey, only the players ankles.

Hope he gets a club after recovery.

Thanks Gypo

D

Dewsburywolf

Great bloke down to earth, both me and Dewsbury meet him in Ireland.
Gutted because not the type to chase the mo.ey, only the players ankles.

Hope he gets a club after recovery.

Thanks Gypo

Did he ever come back after forgetting he'd left his wedding ring in his tracksuit?

Echo everything you've put buddy

IrchyWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not met him myself, but my sister did. At a service station on the M6.

He was still in his Wolves tracksuit. He posed for photos with her and they chatted for a full 20 mins, all from a chance remark of acknowledgment. He then paid for her and her husband and their two kids' milk shakes. Completely genuine guy with no superstar bs about him. Really sorry for him if this is really as bad as first outlined. Wolves, and the game in general, could do with more of his type being around.

L

luckyjim

Tottenham would have expected to beat birmingham anyway, but yes, it would have saved us on goal difference at that point.

Peszkywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Small Heath were actually a decent team that season, well very hard to break down, and definitely no push-over. Johnson was playing injured for the last 5 games though. Looking back survival that season was so close, as good as the tesco bag's great escape

H

hindheadwolves

You are either far too young and were not of football inteligence when that goal went in or limited inteligence and you did not relaise that it ensured that them down the road had to go for another goal and then had one scored against them.

Tongue in cheek, please pretend this is funny if you are taking offence:p:p

D

dazmanwolf

Looks like the wee Irishman has played his last game in a Gold shirt. Tim Nash on twitter, reporting from Ståle's Pre Match Presser, says Hunt has a hip injury and needs an op so will be out long term.

Will never forget THAT goal, but what a poor piece of business he's turned out to be!:dong:

'THAT goal' makes him worth his fee and the frustration IMO. Without 'THAT goal' we would not be in the financial postion we are now. Another year of Greed League payments outweighs any lack of playing time from Hunt. Top player when fit.

F

FLEET WOLF

'THAT goal' makes him worth his fee and the frustration IMO. Without 'THAT goal' we would not be in the financial postion we are now. Another year of Greed League payments outweighs any lack of playing time from Hunt. Top player when fit.

I agree about the goal, but for me, he has always been, when fit, simply an okish player and nothing more than that.

Moira Stewart

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Like Johnson I think 99% of the fans were very happy with signing Hunt, unfortunately he's been absolute garbage since signing.

Paddy Wolf

Reaction score
Man. United & Chelsea "expected" to beat us

Incidently, the OG against Chelsea came from an inswinging Hunt corner. I'm pretty sure he scored our goal in a 1-0 win against Blues that season as well. Bearing in mind his injuries, he still played his part in some important moments for us that season.

Back
Top Bottom