Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Staying @ Wolves - Traore or Trincao or Barca / Sporting Swap Deals??

Richboxy

Groupie
Reaction score
Oh come on.
One of the most stupid deals ever? You, like all of us, know practically zero about the deal. Zero.

Considering that Wolves, Barcelona and Traore most likely had their top flight lawyers, agents and accountants all poring over this deal for several weeks, then thats quiet a statement……..unless you were privy to all of the details and discussions.

Best to just wait and see before we jump to conclusions.
I know what’s in the public domain and on the face of it, it looks a terrible deal. I really hope I’m wrong but I suspect we’ll end up with Adama back, unwilling to sign a new contract and his value further diminished.

Only way we make this deal good for us is if we do a straight swap for Trincao. Who is a better player. But I’m not sure Barca will be willing having witnessed Adama first hand now.

Wolf316

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I know what’s in the public domain and on the face of it, it looks a terrible deal. I really hope I’m wrong but I suspect we’ll end up with Adama back, unwilling to sign a new contract and his value further diminished.

Only way we make this deal good for us is if we do a straight swap for Trincao. Who is a better player. But I’m not sure Barca will be willing having witnessed Adama first hand now.
Yet a few days ago laporta was saying how happy they are with Adama and they want to swap him for Trincao.

Richboxy

Groupie
Reaction score
Hauled off after an ineffective 60minutes. Barca score 4 minutes later.

Don’t get me wrong, I love Adama, I think he’s a great guy, but I feel really sorry for him. He’s clearly not good enough for Barcelona or any top class team. I wish he was but he’s just not.

He needs to reassess what he wants and where he thinks his future is at.

Jawwfc

Has a lot to say
Reaction score

I've been thinking what's next for him if it doesn't work out? He needs to assess his level sometimes the grass isn't greener on the other side, he had a good relationship with the fans and was getting a fair amount of game time here, although he didn't throw his toys out the pram it was clear he didn't want to be here.

His main issue is he can do things what no other player can do however he only does it a handful of times in a season.

Dan G WWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
What are the option prices?
£29M for Traore, £25M for Trincao?
Which is probably the maximum of what each are worth given Traore’s contract situation and Trincao’s slow start. So basically swap plus £4M to us.
Maybe it is simply that, just what it says on the tin.

I don't think Adama is worth much more then £12m right now and Trinaco the same to be honest

CelebrityWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Hauled off after an ineffective 60minutes. Barca score 4 minutes later.

Don’t get me wrong, I love Adama, I think he’s a great guy, but I feel really sorry for him. He’s clearly not good enough for Barcelona or any top class team. I wish he was but he’s just not.

He needs to realise he isn't good enough for the top clubs for a start.

CelebrityWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We would (will) be much better off taking Trincao in the long term. Just do the swap.

If it is a toss up between the two then yeah, Trincao absolutely will have the better career. That said, don't particularly want either as both are far too hit and miss.

Manic88

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

if thats the case it's not value diminished it's value corrected

Mugwump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I keep saying it, But Adama and Trincao arent the 25 million pounds plus players the rumoured fees are saying they are. They are both players their respective clubs would be lucky to get 12 million for. I actually think we would be lucky to get 10 million for Adama. A swap is the best we will get and hope Trincao adjusts.

SA Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
A swap is looking more and more likely from what I read. Can't say I'm a fan. For all of Traore's faults, he did at least bring an element of excitement when on the ball. I've never had that feeling with Trincao, just generally disappointment, although I accept that he has been better recently.
In an ideal world, Shi/Wolves would have a watertight contract with Barca that they pay cash for Traore and we send Trincao back at the end of the season. Probably won't happen like this, though. We'll have to wait and see!

sedgwolf1980

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I was gutted to see Adama go, and think this loan is a complete farce to be honest. However, I get the feeling Chiquinho has essentially replaced him in the match day squad and, from the glimpses I have seen, am quite excited about the prospect to be honest.

I also do still believe there’s a proper baller in Trincao, just been a very, very, slow burner.

My biggest regret about the whole Adama situation is we have completely ballsed up in terms of maximising profit.

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Someone said would Barca pay 30m for an impact sub as if that was crazy!

We paid more for just a sub....

:)
I’m sure and I hope I don’t need to explain to you but Fabio wasn’t signed as specifically an impact player, he was signed for the future as you well know.

Zico

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think our only hope of making any money on Traore is if someone with more money than sense comes in. Newcastle or Villa spring to mind.

I'd do the swap with Trincao if it's an option, I think he's shown enough signs that it's worth a punt that he'd come good in a second season. No idea of the reliability of the above story but if the Portuguese tabloids are anything like ours then assume it's zero.

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
This story just goes round and round in circles! All I can see is that every week that goes by Traore and Tricao's value drops! When you look at the top, top sides what their quality players give you is guaranteed consistency, 7/8 out of 10 every week and usually playing 2 games each week. Traore will never be consistent and Trincao perhaps to early to say but for me he just does not seem to have his heart in it at Wolves. I can see Trincao going and Traore returning; what his future holds who knows. I still remember that spell he had with Jimenez when the pair were devastating together. Just a dream that's gone.

Mark Rankines Lovechild

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Its odd, its almost as though Barcelona did not expect Adama to be as good as he was in those first few games and dropped him to the bench, not to feature much since (maybe to push the price down). He's very much a confidence player is old Adama.

Wonder how, if Adama comes back, Sellars will put a positive spin on it.

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Its odd, its almost as though Barcelona did not expect Adama to be as good as he was in those first few games and dropped him to the bench, not to feature much since (maybe to push the price down). He's very much a confidence player is old Adama.

Wonder how, if Adama comes back, Sellars will put a positive spin on it.
I’m not sure he can. He effectively said in his E&S interview that Adama doesn’t want to be here.

Still, got to love a trier.

Black Country Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
This story just goes round and round in circles! All I can see is that every week that goes by Traore and Tricao's value drops! When you look at the top, top sides what their quality players give you is guaranteed consistency, 7/8 out of 10 every week and usually playing 2 games each week. Traore will never be consistent and Trincao perhaps to early to say but for me he just does not seem to have his heart in it at Wolves. I can see Trincao going and Traore returning; what his future holds who knows. I still remember that spell he had with Jimenez when the pair were devastating together. Just a dream that's gone.
Thats the problem though isnt it
You can still remember,its a distant memory indeed ,what 3 seasons back now? then for only a few games
As you say consistency is the benchmark and Traore will never give you that
Trincao is a talented player and will get better for sure
He has looked far more committed in his last few games,so who knows
For me the best outcome is a swap maybe with a bit of cash thrown in,but with every poor showing from Traore it looks less and less likely

Wolf in the sun

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
straight swap traore for trincao then sell him to sporting or benfica ! although i would like him to stay cos i really do believe there is one hell of a player in there

lobodelsur

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
All very confusing.
For me whats interesting is Mendes' position in all this. Not only does he have to keep two clients (Traore and Trincao) happy, he also needs to keep in the good books of both Barcelona and Wolves if he wants to keep his little 'merry-go-round' operation running smoothly. With that in mind, I can see him bringing another club and client into the equation to ensure everyone walks away happy. Whether that is Pahlinha and Sporting (as somebody has alluded to above), or Valencia and Guedes, or Monaco and Badiashile is anyone's guess.

NewarkWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I’m sure and I hope I don’t need to explain to you but Fabio wasn’t signed as specifically an impact player, he was signed for the future as you well know.
It was slightly tongue in cheek as I'm sure you well know

oldgolded

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
You have to wonder whether either of them want to be here. I feel we need players who want to be at the club, improve as players, and push on with their careers.

Back
Top Bottom