Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Staying @ Wolves - Traore or Trincao or Barca / Sporting Swap Deals??

Wolf316

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yeah, which is why I think we will buy him. He’s 22. He’s probably always going to be worth more than £25m, a lot more if he settles and improves.

So why throw £5m down the toilet when we will probably break even or make money if we sign him?
Because we don’t need him and that money can be put to much much better use improving other areas of the team.

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

That’s my point though. It’s definitely throwing £5m away short term vs probably breaking even or making money longer term.
He isn't very good though so how is it breaking even to waste money on him?

WolfLing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Because we don’t need him and that money can be put to much much better use improving other areas of the team.

Which is a legitimate argument against. The pure financial ones aren’t.

CelebrityWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
What great things are these I wonder

Think he was one of the best in Europe for pressures and ball retrieval in the opposition half or something. Sounds **** but it is a key part of what managers want from players these days. Defend from the front as they say.

Personally hope we don't sign him, the money can be put to much better use. And the fact we already signed a meh player in Hwang would just make it worse.

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

Think he was one of the best in Europe for pressures and ball retrieval in the opposition half or something. Sounds **** but it is a key part of what managers want from players these days. Defend from the front as they say.

Personally hope we don't sign him, the money can be put to much better use. And the fact we already signed a meh player in Hwang would just make it worse.
He is top 15% in pressures. Good but massively overstating to say one of the best in Europe.

WolfLing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
His pedigree is one good season in Portugal. Write off the £5M and get a good player in with the £20M we save on not having him

Personally I would tend to agree with you. But I don’t think Fosun like writing anything off!!

Wolf316

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Because he’s in poor form. But for his age, (actual) talent and pedigree, he will hold his value or improve it over time.
Or if he’s not suited to the premier league which looks to be the case at the moment his value could drop. Personally I’d hope we would be setting up a deal where we take him from Barca for Adama then exchange him for someone from another club. Let’s not forget though that he’s on £130k a week at Barca so is going to have to take a pretty hefty cut to sign for us.

Notsoslimshady

Groupie
Reaction score
Personally I would tend to agree with you. But I don’t think Fosun like writing anything off!!
Didn't we have the same situation with Jose though? Unless i have it wrong; i thought there was a penalty for not taking up the offer, and we didn't.

Not sure about people's confidence in him holding value. I would say £25m is too much for what i've seen, and if he doesn't perform i don't see any guarantee we'd get our money back

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yeah, which is why I think we will buy him. He’s 22. He’s probably always going to be worth more than £25m, a lot more if he settles and improves.

So why throw £5m down the toilet when we will probably break even or make money if we sign him?

I certainly don’t think he’s worth the option price. Negotiate a lower price and then loan him out where he can rebuild his form and value.

Jay Jay de Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Riqui Puig just came on as sub for Barca tonight and scored there 4th goal. So might change their mind now??

Last edited:

wanderer89

Reaction score
D

Deleted member 9202LYK

Perhaps we can say we’re going to send Trincao back and get a cut price deal?

Kashmire Hawker

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Barca have just eased a bit of there financial worries, with a MONSTROUS deal with Spotify.

I wouldn’t be surprise if they use that money and use it BIG.

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Barca have just eased a bit of there financial worries, with a MONSTROUS deal with Spotify.

I wouldn’t be surprise if they use that money and use it BIG.

They will struggle to make the claim that they are financially challenged to spend 25m on Traore!

D

Deleted member drgr12429

€75M a year from that sponsorship alone. Sheesh.
Which probably covers wages for 3 months to put it into context. It's not as massive a deal as you would think for their stadium naming rights.

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

Which probably covers wages for 3 months to put it into context. It's not as massive a deal as you would think for their stadium naming rights.
City is £15M a year the record stadium naming deal.
Obviously shirt sponsorship on top of it. Madrid the record at £60M for shirt deal.

It's a massive deal.

D

Deleted member drgr12429

City is £15M a year the record stadium naming deal.
Obviously shirt sponsorship on top of it. Madrid the record at £60M for shirt deal.

It's a massive deal.
It would be if not only for their wage bill, but their close on 1 billion euro debt. That money doesn't even put a dent in that....

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

It would be if not only for their wage bill, but their close on 1 billion euro debt. That money doesn't even put a dent in that....
They've refinanced their debt so it isn't a major issue anymore - the wage bill is a huge problem though.

WolfInSheep'sClothing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Busquets doesn't quite need replacing yet.
I can see him going to real madrid though. Modric and Kroos aren't gonna last forever.

Direwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If Trincao could just stop whacking the ball over the bar and get his shots a bit lower he could have had half a dozen goals this season. If I was a coach I would have him working on snapshot shooting as much as possible with a low crossbar goal.

WolfLing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think the big variable that will decide if Barca want to pay up for Adama (or not), is Ousmane Dembele.

There was a good article on The Athletic the other day breaking down the success of Xavi's Barca tactics. In short, how he was playing a different version of the 4-3-3 that was successful during his time there as a player. Rather than inside forwards, his system is relying on wide wingers, hence their interest in bringing Adama back.

Adama is averaging a good, but not-great 0.26 expected assists per 90 minutes in all competitions, but Dembele is averaging 0.20 non-penalty expected goals and an eye-popping 0.73 expected assists per 90 minutes, in nine limited appearances since the middle of February.

Dembele's rise back to the heights that convinced Barca to spend £100m+ on him nearly 5 years ago is why Adama isn't starting as regularly as he (and we) would have wanted.

But Dembele is still out of contract in the summer having failed to agree a new deal. He is currently earning £250,000 per week and has reportedly asked for £700,000 per week to stay!

It feels as though Traore is Barca's fall back option if Dembele leaves, which is probably the most likely outcome from here.

But if Dembele continues to impress, decides he wants to stay and they find a middle ground on salary demands, Traore might then be seen as an expensive backup option.

Which is where a player swap involving Trincao and maybe another player might become the only option.

Black Country Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If its Trincao and say Puig for Traore id say yes please all day long
I know Trincao isnt everyones cup of tea but hes shown me enough to say next season he could be a real eye opener
Puig could fit into our midfield,and im sure Barca have others we could take if hes not fancied
Of course the cash is always preferable so maybe Trincao plus £10 million is not a bad deal

Back
Top Bottom