Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Staying @ Wolves - Traore or Trincao or Barca / Sporting Swap Deals??

bigwolf

Reaction score
I don't get why we expect another player or more cash etc.

He has got twelve months left on his contract and can sign a pre contract with another club in Jan 2023.

And he does not want to be here.

We have no real leverage now.

Flump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I don't get why we expect another player or more cash etc.

He has got twelve months left on his contract and can sign a pre contract with another club in Jan 2023.

And he does not want to be here.

We have no real leverage now.

Exactly.

Traore was worth about £15m in January.

Is Trincao worth about £15m (or £11m if we get the loan fee cancelled)? If he puts in another performance or two like he did against Leeds, then yes, very easily.

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He’s one of two attackers in our side

Jota struggled in our side and now he’s one of the best in the world in an attacking side

Judging strikers in a wolves side, is entirely the wrong thing to do
I'm judging him solely on performances pre injury and post injury. Pre injury he could have walked into most Prem sides and you could certainly not say that now. I have to say, and I have no inside knowledge, that the injury does seem to have affected his game, which considering the severity of the injury is not surprising. It's a hard thing to say but evidence from this season indicates to me that he should not be our 1st choice CF next season.

Stoichkov

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Silva will be 29 before the summer is out - doesn't exactly fit our recruitment policy.

doesn't matter, he's had a great season for benfica and they know now is the time to cash in. Bruno knows and trusts him whereas he's not so sure on Trincao, who will do better in Portuguese football

it's Bruno getting one of the players that he wants and wolves making it work, just as nuno got older players like moutinho, patricio, jimenez etc

Reactions: Ian

Peszkywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Trincao has had 2 good games for us since joining. Not great... But he's shown glimpses of quality in his first season, probably judge the swap deal +/- money going on his performances in the remainder of the season. I want to like the kid, mates with our other exciting attacker etc but not seen enough yet.

lobodelsur

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Really hope Trincao signs perm
I think we'd really regret if we didn't like with Vitinha
I'm sure I read somewhere that we didn't sign Vitinha because of FFP implications.
Didn't impress me when here, but I was looking at the highlights of the Brighton (H) match and he played in Silva to get Dunk a red card, then played in Traore for a quick 1-2 and the equaliser. I guess he went under the radar for many of us.

Black Country Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'm sure I read somewhere that we didn't sign Vitinha because of FFP implications.
Didn't impress me when here, but I was looking at the highlights of the Brighton (H) match and he played in Silva to get Dunk a red card, then played in Traore for a quick 1-2 and the equaliser. I guess he went under the radar for many of us.
Must admit i didnt take to Vitinha either
Again showed glimpses of talent,but looked lightweight and not totally focused at times
Of course like Trincao,new country ,new style of playing etc,
Maybe needed another season to shine but we chose not to take him,may do the same with Trincao but i think hes shown enough to get the deal done

Peszkywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
How good was Raphinha in his first season? He was in a very attack minded Leeds, but was good but not amazing, this season he has been one of the best in the league. And caught Barca's attention. Not saying Trincao will be class but it is hard to tell especially in our in negative team.

Jay Jay de Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
With Ousmane Dembele now happy to stay a Barca makes Adama's deal to stay at Barca more complicated in the summer?

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
With Ousmane Dembele now happy to stay a Barca makes Adama's deal to stay at Barca more complicated in the summer?
This whole thing is a ****ing joke. He stays, he goes, he swaps, he doesn't swap, someone else stays so he goes - what a load of ****e. If they don't want him send him back. We've got 8 very big games coming up and he could help; these games could put us in Europe and may convince Neves to stay. Tell Barcelona to do one.

Ian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Must admit i didnt take to Vitinha either
Again showed glimpses of talent,but looked lightweight and not totally focused at times
Of course like Trincao,new country ,new style of playing etc,
Maybe needed another season to shine but we chose not to take him,may do the same with Trincao but i think hes shown enough to get the deal done

I'm amazed any Wolves fan could have formed an opinion on Vitinha one way or the other!
He hardly played and on the rare occasions he did it was usually as ' another' wide attacker......

As for Adama, unfortunately for him it doesnt look like he'll get his dream move to Barca and I imagine he'll end up at Newcastle or Spurs for a cut price.

Ned Stark

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I'm amazed any Wolves fan could have formed an opinion on Vitinha one way or the other!
He hardly played and on the rare occasions he did it was usually as ' another' wide attacker......

As for Adama, unfortunately for him it doesnt look like he'll get his dream move to Barca and I imagine he'll end up at Newcastle or Spurs for a cut price.
I think Adama will do very well to get any interest from either of those two clubs and also that he’ll come to seriously regret not signing the contract that was offered to him here.

Oh When the Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

It was quite clear vitinha is a good player

First touch was incredible and rarely lost possession.

Ponty

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
How good was Raphinha in his first season? He was in a very attack minded Leeds, but was good but not amazing, this season he has been one of the best in the league. And caught Barca's attention. Not saying Trincao will be class but it is hard to tell especially in our in negative team.
Raphinia got rave reviews last season. He is a poor example of a player that takes no time to adapt to the PL.

I hope we see more of the Trincao against Leeds to prove it wasn’t a flash in a the pan but can’t help thinking even the likes of Rohan Ricketts and Leon Clarke had the occasional good game.

Oh When the Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Whist he played well, where it matters yet again he was poor.

3/4 seconds to shoot one on one and took too long

Didn’t leave it for dendoncker at end of half

Two goals simple mistakes cost us.

BUT he is improving and for me is better than hwang. Cannot understand why on earth we signed hwang

Narfolk Wolf

Reaction score
Whist he played well, where it matters yet again he was poor.

3/4 seconds to shoot one on one and took too long

Didn’t leave it for dendoncker at end of half

Two goals simple mistakes cost us.

BUT he is improving and for me is better than hwang. Cannot understand why on earth we signed hwang
I thought he lacked commitment yesterday. Needs to take a leaf out of Fabios book and stop pulling out of challenges.

Mugwump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'd sign him. Lets face it, this Adama fee of 29 million is a pipedream. He isnt worth it. We know it, Wolves know it, Barcelona know it. He will be going into the final year of his contract and we will be lucky to get more than 12 million for him now. If we can swap him for Trincao and get another player we want from them for a decent price we would be crazy not to snap their hands off.

Said it when this contract **** with Adama first started, when he refused his contract, we should have cashed in. He's been the only one of our players with resale value we wanted to keep who has refused a contract.

Stourwolf

Reaction score
I'd sign him. Lets face it, this Adama fee of 29 million is a pipedream. He isnt worth it. We know it, Wolves know it, Barcelona know it. He will be going into the final year of his contract and we will be lucky to get more than 12 million for him now. If we can swap him for Trincao and get another player we want from them for a decent price we would be crazy not to snap their hands off.

Said it when this contract **** with Adama first started, when he refused his contract, we should have cashed in. He's been the only one of our players with resale value we wanted to keep who has refused a contract.
I’d agree.he has serious talent and if he can improve on strength and end product he could be the real deal.

sillytuna

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I do wonder why he can't play second half. Irrespective of his ability, I can't remember a player so consistently poor after the break.

Yesterday he had a nearly game. Like a lot of our players he just wasn't sharp enough in the box but he was there and was more direct than pre Leeds. Second half went backwards, poor decision making, weak. It's bizarre.

Wolf316

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Refused THE contract not A contract.

Chiswick_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not the first player to come from Spain and initially struggle with the intensity, strength and power of the Premier League. If (big if) he can spend preseason adding some muscle and getting his head around what’s needed to compete game in game out against seasoned Premier League defenders and midfielders, then we definitely will have a player on our hands. If he doesn’t, then he’ll be heading back to the continent In January or June.

There’s a Neto-esque talent in there somewhere…

Black Country Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Going against the mainstream of opinion on Tincao,i thought he had a decent game again yesterday
Ok he wasnt as effective second half but we were dropping deeper and playing a bit more conservative by then

He actually won a couple of tackles and even headed the ball once lol,even he looked surprised when he won that one

Seriously the guy has oodles of talent,just needs to add strength and a bit more commitment on the pressing side of his game
He takes people on, has amazing ball control,and now starting to carve out chances,definitely improving as the season goes on

With him on the right and Neto on the left we have potentially two amazing players for next season

I dont see us missing Traore at all,in fact we havent since he left,just look at our points tally this year so far ,and thats with throwing 2 games away

Mugwump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Refused THE contract not A contract.

Nobody else has though, and better players than Adama as well. We should have just sold him regardless once he started asking for silly money.

The thing is now, people are getting wrapped up in Trincao valued at 25 million, Traore at 29 million. They are both probably worth 10-12 million now with whats gone on. Swap is probably the best deal we can get and hope we can improve Trincao.

yateleywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He's starting to win me over but seriously I've never known a player who can only play 45-60 mins. Him starting recently must show that Lage sees something in him and there giving him a chance to stay on.
I still wonder if it will be like the Afobe deal where we agree the swap and then move him on in the summer for another player.

OLDGOLD

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Going against the mainstream of opinion on Tincao,i thought he had a decent game again yesterday
Ok he wasnt as effective second half but we were dropping deeper and playing a bit more conservative by then

He actually won a couple of tackles and even headed the ball once lol,even he looked surprised when he won that one

Seriously the guy has oodles of talent,just needs to add strength and a bit more commitment on the pressing side of his game
He takes people on, has amazing ball control,and now starting to carve out chances,definitely improving as the season goes on

With him on the right and Neto on the left we have potentially two amazing players for next season

I dont see us missing Traore at all,in fact we havent since he left,just look at our points tally this year so far ,and thats with throwing 2 games away
If he can improve his build like Neto and Fabio have done, he is beginning to look like he may have a part to play to me.

Stoichkov

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Shush you lot, can’t you see it coming?

Swap him for Traore now. Serious serious footballer.

Wolf316

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I’m starting to think if Barcelona offer Wolves Trincao & Puig for Adama I’d probably take it. Adama won’t get any better but those two players possibly will and have potential
Think I’d take that as even if Trincao doesn’t work out we’d still get a decent wedge or player trade for him.

Back
Top Bottom