Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Stadium Plans

stuj4z

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We had the chance to kick on as the best team in the Midlands a couple of years ago.
That will well and truly be lost soon.
Amazing how there are no issues at other clubs with steel, interest rates, Covid, Brexit and any other excuses that Fosun have come out with

Very Proud (AKA Still Proud)

Prouder than a proud thing in Proudville
Reaction score
Have done the corporate area and boxes in the Trinity Stand. Guess they’ve been eclipsed by the likes of WHL, The Emirates and The Etihad now but they are really high spec compared to Molineux.

Berlin Wolf

Supporters Clubs Empresario
Reaction score
But the vile are doing something about the crappy parts of their ground unlike us.
Wrexham too. Fifth tier Wrexham are planning to build a 5,500 rail seating new Kop. Reminds me a bit of the South Bank.

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We had the chance to kick on as the best team in the Midlands a couple of years ago.
That will well and truly be lost soon.
Amazing how there are no issues at other clubs with steel, interest rates, Covid, Brexit and any other excuses that Fosun have come out with
All those things are still issues to other clubs, difference being we don’t have a benefactor owner who doesn’t care what they spend, we are owned by an investment company who do care.

If (and it’s a big if) villas owners decide in 3 years time they’re bored of flirting with football and decide to move onto their next whim where does that leave villa? QPR had massively wealthy owners, where are they now?

Richboxy

Groupie
Reaction score
I could be wrong here, but I think once the new (even more ridiculous) ffp rules come into force from season 23/24(I think it is). Infrastructure and ground improvements will be subject to the ffp calculations and constraints, whereas currently they are not.

So basically, before season 23/24 u can spend as much as u want on ground/infrastructure improvements and not have it impact ur FFP calculations. From 23/24, u will be severely restricted with what u can spend if trying to abide by ffp.

Might be why Villa are going to push through ground development asap.

Dingle Chris

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I could be wrong here, but I think once the new (even more ridiculous) ffp rules come into force from season 23/24(I think it is). Infrastructure and ground improvements will be subject to the ffp calculations and constraints, whereas currently they are not.

So basically, before season 23/24 u can spend as much as u want on ground/infrastructure improvements and not have it impact ur FFP calculations. From 23/24, u will be severely restricted with what u can spend if trying to abide by ffp.

You will be wrong.

Newbridge Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Also why Jeff is holding off so he has another excuse to sit on his pile of gold coins.

stuj4z

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Yep. And these plans have been brewing for a number of years.
Almost as if it will get to the stage where Fosun have a ready made excuse

Soho Wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
It is beginning to look like that oldgoldheart.
I see Aston Villa are quickly moving their expansion plans forward, aiming for a next summer start.
No mention of covid hitting finances, high interest rates, steel prices rising, first team is top priority etc, etc, just getting on with it.
Surely they could have done better than LS Lowry for the mock ups?

Last edited:

Newbridge Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

“Our ambition for Villa Park is to achieve seated capacity close to 60,000, making it one of the largest stadiums in the Premier League, but this will take time through the phases of our redevelopment.”

This is the sort of ambition and planning we should be hearing from our club. Instead it’s uncovered temporary stands that never get built, vague thoughts of bodging a stand that isn’t fit for purpose and silence/excuses.

What’s the point of being a supporter if you can’t even dream.

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

“Our ambition for Villa Park is to achieve seated capacity close to 60,000, making it one of the largest stadiums in the Premier League, but this will take time through the phases of our redevelopment.”

This is the sort of ambition and planning we should be hearing from our club. Instead it’s uncovered temporary stands that never get built, vague thoughts of bodging a stand that isn’t fit for purpose and silence/excuses.

What’s the point of being a supporter if you can’t even dream.

These plans make our so called plans look bloody pathetic.

Newbridge Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Ground improvement plans were given to the same contractors that are doing the Civic Hall
Don’t say that, we’ll end up ground sharing with Walsall for the next 10 years!

Ironically though, it’s a similar situation that Blues found themselves in that the further they dug, the more problems started to pop up.

Newbridge Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Whilst we’re on the subject of grounds, the new Anfield Road End at Liverpool is coming along. Seeing the concrete in now reminds me a bit of watching the North Bank being built. You can start to get a feel for how huge the stand will be.

41FE727A-7AF5-422A-8349-C3D9ED3F44CE.jpeg

Elvis Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I remember that. It was quite futuristic looking for the day. Maybe we should rehash it.
It certainly was and had a 'Space Age, Close Encounters' aura about it.
Way before its time, if it had been built, it would have been iconic and the envy of all.

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
One thing intrigues me, they’ve had a load of concerts on this summer, yet we were told in the videos that Molineux can’t because of pitch access, yet there’s no more access to the pitch at Anfield than here.

They do have access to the pitch via the redeveloped Main Stand from Paisley Square, so they are in better shape than we are at Molineux.

Leigh72

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
there are no intentions of redeveloping Molineux, still think they would move if the chance arose.(as long as it didn't cost them)
we are stagnating very quickly.

The Runner

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
We’ve got large gates at the North Bank though.
If I remember correctly the Wolves video mentioned the restrictions applied to concerts with standing on the pitch area. The Anfield Elton John concert and also the recent Eagles one were all seated so maybe that makes a difference with the reduced numbers.

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We’ve got large gates at the North Bank though.

That’s ok if you have the stage at the South Bank end. It appears we may wish to hold concerts with the stage at the North Bank end, perhaps because this causes less issue with sound leakage to the surrounds? With the stage at the North Bank, the speaker banks will be pointing more towards the city centre, rather than the residential areas.

Newbridge Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If I remember correctly the Wolves video mentioned the restrictions applied to concerts with standing on the pitch area. The Anfield Elton John concert and also the recent Eagles one were all seated so maybe that makes a difference with the reduced numbers.
You can literally see them standing in the picture!

Newbridge Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
That’s ok if you have the stage at the South Bank end. It appears we may wish to hold concerts with the stage at the North Bank end, perhaps because this causes less issue with sound leakage to the surrounds? With the stage at the North Bank, the speaker banks will be pointing more towards the city centre, rather than the residential areas.
That sounds fine in theory, but the Rod Stewart one was at the South Bank end

82B339E3-B04B-4643-8831-0964D1B867FC.jpeg

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
That sounds fine in theory, but the Rod Stewart one was at the South Bank end

View attachment 28605

I know, and maybe that caused certain restrictions which would affect some concerts being held? Maybe Rod had the volume turned down, or had to finish earlier? Bon Jovi was in front of the North Bank, when rules still permitted use of the old access steps down the South Bank end. I honestly have no clue! All I know is that Anfield now has pitch access at both corners either side of the new Main Stand, and we don’t.

YouGottaRaulWithIt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I know, and maybe that caused certain restrictions which would affect some concerts being held? Maybe Rod had the volume turned down, or had to finish earlier? Bon Jovi was in front of the North Bank, when rules still permitted use of the old access steps down the South Bank end. I honestly have no clue! All I know is that Anfield now has pitch access at both corners either side of the new Main Stand, and we don’t.
I prefer it when Rod Stewart has the volume turned right down.

Back
Top Bottom