Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Stadium Plans

Macman

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Over 3000 posts on a subject that Fosun don't care about. What we've got is the best we're going to get so you can all forget any ground improvements.
I have always been a big advocate of the ground redevelopment and have so much excitement and enthusiasm about it. But the reality for me is Wolves are just trying to make small-time adjustments here and there, and even that isnt happening at the moment. Its all talk and I wont believe Fosun are interested in increasing the capacity and improving the ground until I see a JCB on-site.

Wednesbury Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I have always been a big advocate of the ground redevelopment and have so much excitement and enthusiasm about it. But the reality for me is Wolves are just trying to make small-time adjustments here and there, and even that isnt happening at the moment. Its all talk and I wont believe Fosun are interested in increasing the capacity and improving the ground until I see a JCB on-site.
Fosun have said that they won't spend a penny on players unless we generate the money ourselves, why would they spend a penny on the ground ?

wolvesjoe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
On reflection over the last week, I have come to the conclusion that nothing will done to the stadium until and unless
there is a resolution to the international situation at a much deeper level.

Everything said in the interview is just for appearence's sake, which is why even elementary analysis suggests insurmountable
obstacles to the so-called "plan".

stuj4z

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If there is no set time frame for this work around Christmas then it just isn't happening.
Cut to next year's Ask Wolves video saying "plans are still in place"

Minimalist

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I still reckon my idea of just gutting out the boxes and putting half a dozen extra rows of seats under the overhang is a far simpler (and cheaper) way of doing it.
Then also expanding the concourses etc etc.

Oakhamwolf

Groupie
Reaction score
I still reckon my idea of just gutting out the boxes and putting half a dozen extra rows of seats under the overhang is a far simpler (and cheaper) way of doing it.
Then also expanding the concourses etc etc.
That is the plan

NewarkWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
On reflection over the last week, I have come to the conclusion that nothing will done to the stadium until and unless

Everything said in the interview is just for appearence's sake, which is why even elementary analysis suggests insurmountable
You've only just realised this!!! Its been obvious for the last two years or more!

W

WasStefan

YouGottaRaulWithIt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Job advert on linkedin explicitly mentions part of the role is developing a business case for investment in the steve bull stand, looks like the wheels are in motion
So, no plans, no business case, no money, and nobody onboard yet with the job of actually doing anything about it. But, as you say, wheels are in motion.

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
Job advert on linkedin explicitly mentions part of the role is developing a business case for investment in the steve bull stand, looks like the wheels are in motion

Edit: actually the job spec reads as tho the business case is already a foregone conclusion
Nice, cashflow projections on Wolves records should take half a day and then get on with the real work! 20 potential applicants on here for a start.

W

WasStefan

Nice, cashflow projections on Wolves records should take half a day and then get on with the real work! 20 potential applicants on here for a start.
Must admit i thought the job sounded a bit light on the workload front but these type of jobs normally start small and end up huge

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
So, no plans, no business case, no money, and nobody onboard yet with the job of actually doing anything about it. But, as you say, wheels are in motion.

To quote…

“Support financial analysis during Premier League reporting busy season. Furthermore, provide resource not currently available to support with analysis of major projects (current examples include cashflow forecasting of Wolves Records, and payback period for Steve Bull Stand projects) proactive, to help provide accurate information to support strategic business decisions.”

That is actually a slightly hopeful job posting. The fact they are hiring someone to help work the cash flow economics for projects, and the Steve Bull is mentioned as an example of a current project, is positive. Of course, doesn’t mean it will turn into steel and concrete.

YouGottaRaulWithIt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
See edited post
I dont see how you can assume that the business case is a foregone conclusion. This is a 6 month role to manage two projects - projecting cash flow for the records business, and payback period for options for Steve Bull development.

It doesn't say they have committed any money to building anything yet, or obtained any investment. Its more akin to taking ideas from the whiteboard and seeing if any of them are affordable.

The other thing we have learned is they haven't even got a revenue profile for the records business yet.

Ask Wolves was such a smokescreen PR exercise.

Brockmoorwolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score

Edit: actually the job spec reads as tho the business case is already a foregone conclusion
I'm absolutely shocked esports wasn't mentioned.

W

WasStefan

I dont see how you can assume that the business case is a foregone conclusion. This is a 6 month role to manage two projects - projecting cash flow for the records business, and payback period for options for Steve Bull development.

It doesn't say they have committed any money to building anything yet, or obtained any investment. Its more akin to taking ideas from the whiteboard and seeing if any of them are affordable.

The other thing we have learned is they haven't even got a revenue profile for the records business yet.

Ask Wolves was such a smokescreen PR exercise.
i dont disagree but to me the ‘major projects’ section reads as though it’s happening but could be wrong

6 months duration irrelevant in all honesty, many companies operate this way and the majority of jobs are basically temp for your probationary period anyway

Obviously a job spec won’t read in black and white “its approved”

Brockmoorwolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Judging by the job description and experiences required who the **** is qualified for this role.

YouGottaRaulWithIt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
i dont disagree but to me the ‘major projects’ section reads as though it’s happening but could be wrong

6 months duration irrelevant in all honesty, many companies operate this way and the majority of jobs are basically temp for your probationary period anyway

Obviously a job spec won’t read in black and white “its approved”
I should have said, thanks for finding and posting this.

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Judging by the job description and experiences required who the **** is qualified for this role.

I think you might be surprised by the skills and experiences of some on the Mix!

For example, based on what I used to do in my career, I could probably tick all the required / desired experiences, but lack the required financial analyst qualifications, and have zero experience in football or record labels! I have created economic models for projects similar in size to the Steve Bull improvements, and have had teams develop models for me for projects far larger. I’d certainly have the passion for getting involved in something like this now I’ve retired, but I’m not sure I could be objective enough given how much I’d like to see improvements to Molineux!

YouGottaRaulWithIt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think you might be surprised by the skills and experiences of some on the Mix!

For example, based on what I used to do in my career, I could probably tick all the required / desired experiences, but lack the required financial analyst qualifications, and have zero experience in football or record labels! I have created economic models for projects similar in size to the Steve Bull improvements, and have had teams develop models for me for projects far larger. I’d certainly have the passion for getting involved in something like this now I’ve retired, but I’m not sure I could be objective enough given how much I’d like to see improvements to Molineux!
Go on. Do it. Would love to see a new 4 tier stand with a swimming pool on top.

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Go on. Do it. Would love to see a new 4 tier stand with a swimming pool on top.

Trouble is I’d saddle Wolves with a large debt for a fancy new stand and we know where that led us before… ;)

To be honest I’m a little tempted, because it would be fascinating to be involved in these projects at Wolves. But I retired early to have more time with my family after years of putting my career first. I spent the first few months of retirement looking after my wife when she broke her ankle, so it’s only recently we’ve actually started enjoying the freedom of not having to work.

Seriously, this is a job for a young analyst with a passion for the club. The kind of job my son would love to do when he’s qualified in a couple of years.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Trouble is I’d saddle Wolves with a large debt for a fancy new stand and we know where that led us before… ;)

To be honest I’m a little tempted, because it would be fascinating to be involved in these projects at Wolves. But I retired early to have more time with my family after years of putting my career first. I spent the first few months of retirement looking after my wife when she broke her ankle, so it’s only recently we’ve actually started enjoying the freedom of not having to work.

Seriously, this is a job for a young analyst with a passion for the club. The kind of job my son would love to do when he’s qualified in a couple of years.
I must disagree with you slightly. For the reasons you outline in your first para a fan is absolutely the last person you want in a job where a hard-headed evidence-based approach is essential.

Stoichkov

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

So two England games are being played at Molineux, wolves want to get games if England and Ireland stage euro 2028, the club wants to stage concerts which would involve reconfiguring stands, and Wolverhampton has been given priority in government’s levelling up plans - which would support plans like the molineux quarter / university development

Cheer up. I know history suggests otherwise but you never know, it might happen

Brockmoorwolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score

Nice.. let us know your music knowledge.

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I must disagree with you slightly. For the reasons you outline in your first para a fan is absolutely the last person you want in a job where a hard-headed evidence-based approach is essential.

Not just a fan, but someone with passion for the club or the project will be motivated to find creative but legitimate solutions to make these projects work economically. Not to build the four tier stand with a pool on top because they think Molineux would look good with one, but to find smart solutions to make potential projects viable. I had an example of someone in one of my teams who was a solid analyst, but he was also creative, and deeply committed to the project. As a result of his energy and creativity, he identified a way to restructure the assets involved, enabling tax advantages which doubled the value of the project to the company. Not only that, but he then drove the complex work required so it could be completed in the few weeks before the deal closed. A regular analyst would have been just as good as him doing the work assigned, but his passion and creativity turned a good project into a fantastic one.

wayne-the-wanderer

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I had been told this before and the ask Wolves vid more or less confirms it, the extra exit between the Steve Bull and South Bank that was built for the Bon Jovi concert in 2003 (Its still there minus the steps) is no longer classed as suitable for a standing concert and any chance of Molineux holding a standing concert would mean a ground level exit on the south side of the Steve Bull lower.

Enquiries were made pre covid regarding large standing concerts but the ground wasn't up to regulation for standing concerts

YouGottaRaulWithIt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I had been told this before and the ask Wolves vid more or less confirms it, the extra exit between the Steve Bull and South Bank that was built for the Bon Jovi concert in 2003 (Its still there minus the steps) is no longer classed as suitable for a standing concert and any chance of Molineux holding a standing concert would mean a ground level exit on the south side of the Steve Bull lower.

Enquiries were made pre covid regarding large standing concerts but the ground wasn't up to regulation for standing concerts
So, just to clarify, are you saying that the primary motive for redeveloping the Steve Bull stand is so that Fosun can make money from concerts?

Nothing to do with improving facilities, or the matchday experience for fans then.

YouGottaRaulWithIt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Where in my post did I say that?
You said...

"the extra exit between the Steve Bull and South Bank... is no longer classed as suitable for a standing concert and any chance of Molineux holding a standing concert would mean a ground level exit on the south side of the Steve Bull lower."

So, they need to create a suitable exit.

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
You said...

"the extra exit between the Steve Bull and South Bank... is no longer classed as suitable for a standing concert and any chance of Molineux holding a standing concert would mean a ground level exit on the south side of the Steve Bull lower."

No, he was explaining why a comment Russell made in the video talked about one of the benefits being the ability to host large standing concerts. The emphasis is one benefit, not the only reason.

wayne-the-wanderer

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
You said...

Yes i said that - but i didn't say

that the primary motive for redeveloping the Steve Bull stand is so that Fosun can make money from concerts?

Nothing to do with improving facilities, or the matchday experience for fans then.

YouGottaRaulWithIt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
No, he was explaining why a comment Russell made in the video talked about one of the benefits being the ability to host large standing concerts. The emphasis is one benefit, not the only reason.
That's OK then. I am sure that when you get the job you will prioritise fans over commercial interests for us

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Thanks for sharing, I didn’t know that. So the removable section of seating Russell talked about would need to be at the southern end of the Steve Bull. However the entrance / exit created would I presume need to be level or a shallow slope (no steps) since the road behind the southern end of the SB is around the same height at the bottom of the SBU, not at pitch level like it is at the northern end.

Asthmatic Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Maybe we can do a ‘sell to buy’ with the stadium, selling off bits of one stand to re do the other.

Only at the right time and at the right price of course.

wayne-the-wanderer

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Thanks for sharing, I didn’t know that. So the removable section of seating Russell talked about would need to be at the southern end of the Steve Bull. However the entrance / exit created would I presume need to be level or a shallow slope (no steps) since the road behind the southern end of the SB is around the same height at the bottom of the SBU, not at pitch level like it is at the northern end.
I have no clue how they will do it, but the the fact that everyone has to exit the SB lower to the north end of the stand means we can't hold standing concerts at the moment from what I've been told

Back
Top Bottom