Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Stadium Plans

AndyY

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We could fill in more of the corners with graham hughes type stands just purely to absorb some of the waiting list and make some extra money too. That is if there are no plans torebuild molineux properly.
Do you guys think jeff shi will give us a stadium redevelopment update in the askwolves roundtable?

Maybe if the john ireland stand is close to being condemned it could force their hand.
People keep saying that the JL/ Steve Bull stand is close to being condemned but i have never seen any evidence of that.
Not up to modern standards, yes. Cramped concourses, yes but condemned? Prove it.

Stoichkov

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
personally i love the way fosun / wolves do things quietly, compared to villa spaffing big bucks around and shouting about stuff - yet still trailing in our wake

what will be, will be. i hope we have plans in place for the team, the club's profile, and for more fans to attend and to build on what fosun have built. but until i know they are walking away, then i'm going to save my energy / frustration and be happy at the level my club is punching at compared to where it was for last 40 years

noises being made and names being mentioned for this summer sound good, even if we have to accept some leaving. that's a good sign. similarly there will be sound and sensible logic behind whatever is happening with the stadium, even if that means nothing for now. as much as i'd love us to turn into 50k club in top 4 overnight, it'll only happen because it's achievable - not because of us kicking and screaming. as it should be

JadeWolf

Official Noddy pre match thread starter.
Reaction score
There's no way we need 50k.No way whatsoever.Tuesday night games in winter would be like playing in an empty library. :mad:
At the minute I’d say we don’t need more than 37/38k. We could always redevelop so that there’s options to increase down the line.

YouGottaRaulWithIt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
There's no way we need 50k.No way whatsoever.Tuesday night games in winter would be like playing in an empty library. :mad:
No, that would like playing at the Emirates.

I just want a seat that can sit in without smacking my knees on the bloke in front, and a roof that works.

Oh...and a beer and pasty at half time that doesn't require me taking out another mortgage.

JadeWolf

Official Noddy pre match thread starter.
Reaction score
the question always comes back to ;how do we even achieve that?
I’m not an expert but I’m guessing the logical step would be to redevelop the Steve Bull so it joins with the North Bank and goes round to the South Bank corner. Would that add an extra 7k seats? Maybe.

YouGottaRaulWithIt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I’m not an expert but I’m guessing the logical step would be to redevelop the Steve Bull so it joins with the North Bank and goes round to the South Bank corner. Would that add an extra 7k seats? Maybe.
Then you have come to the right place mate

whitnash wolf ex.dewsbury

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
to my knowledge FOSUN have in the last 12/18 months opened at least 3 Club Meds.2 large resorts
and even a private financed railway.But they seem to prefer partnerships so I think if they
had a partnership with Wolverhampton/W.Mids. councils to develop the area around Molineux
they would go ahead.Until then nothing will happen but we can but hope!

1972 i began

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
This. I’d say 40K max at the moment.

Anywhere between 35k to 40k max.I'd like to hear from the far away fans.I'm not here to have a moan at anyone.BUT do you find it difficult to get to midweek games and games that are on a sunday.It's a serious question.I'd love to know if lack of trains from some parts of the country stop ya from attending night games.I'm a Wolverhampton lad,born and bred and still live in the same house I was born in.69 years.So attending games on these nights ay a problem.But to me the empty seats ya see at some night games lead me to believe they are fans from far away that car get there.Am I correct.

LythamWolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Anywhere between 35k to 40k max.I'd like to hear from the far away fans.I'm not here to have a moan at anyone.BUT do you find it difficult to get to midweek games and games that are on a sunday.It's a serious question.I'd love to know if lack of trains from some parts of the country stop ya from attending night games.I'm a Wolverhampton lad,born and bred and still live in the same house I was born in.69 years.So attending games on these nights ay a problem.But to me the empty seats ya see at some night games lead me to believe they are fans from far away that car get there.Am I correct.
I rarely go to midweek home games as it means I have to take the afternoon off work. I’m not one to just go to the game, I like an hour or two in the pub first, which means I have to set off at 3pm.

I managed a few of the EL games though as I was able to arrange meetings in Brum on the Thursdays so made my way from there.

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Night games from down here are not practical unless I stay over and head back the next day. To get back on the train, I’d have to be in central London no later 11pm. In practice that means the latest train from Wolverhampton is 8.45pm. Driving is about 4 hours with a single brief stop, so leaving Wolverhampton around 10pm, means 2am here. Remembering that in this case I would already have driven 4 hours to get there, which means leaving mid afternoon. If you have a job, it’s simply not practical without taking time off and likely staying over after the game.

For similar reasons, lunchtime kickoffs are a challenge but doable. Crack of dawn train would get me up in time for a midday kick off, and there would be time to get back afterwards. 3pm kickoffs the best, and teatime kickoffs just about practical same day, albeit getting home in the early hours.

When I go to games, I generally targets weekend fixtures and stay over with my parents in Shropshire. That’s not something that’s easy to arrange based on picking up a ticket late, so has been a challenge since our promotion. In the EFL, home tickets were available for most games so it was relatively easy to make plans to visit family and go to all but the biggest fixtures.

Rhoswolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Our only midweek train back to North Wales doesn't depart Wolves till 23:27 arriving back at 01:27 assuming it runs to time, which it regularly doesn't.

beppe7619

Reaction score
10k on waiting list so minimum 45,000. We have to have ambition or there is no point.
We need to bring more revenue into the club more cooperate more seats = more signings on the pitch if not we will be left behind

R

reanswolf

10k on waiting list so minimum 45,000. We have to have ambition or there is no point.
But around 4-5000 of those 10k on the waiting list are presumably already amongst the 28000 home fans who regularly attend.
We simply do not have more than 32-33000 home fans who will attend. Well that's my opinion, its obviously NOT fact.

A 40,000 capacity is ample, and then we would have to give 5000 to away fans.

1972 i began

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

There's no point then because we dow need a 45 or 50k stadium.We hardly play games on a Saturday anymore,and if we do it's maybe some stupid kick off times where far away fans cannot attend.As what's already bin mentioned by Sussex wolf,and LythamWolf.The waiting list is not a true reflection as I've said before,I know at least 5 that's on the list but wouldn't buy one now.And you have had people declining tickets that's bin offered them for this season.We ay in London where we can offer tickets to tourists.

1972 i began

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
But around 4-5000 of those 10k on the waiting list are presumably already amongst the 28000 home fans who regularly attend.
We simply do not have more than 32-33000 home fans who will attend. Well that's my opinion, its obviously NOT fact.

A 40,000 capacity is ample, and then we would have to give 5000 to away fans.

Why 5000 to away fans Nick.?

1972 i began

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

from the 22-8-2021 To the 2-4-22 we have ony had over 31k fans in stadium 3 times.

can ya tell me where we are gonna get another 14k fans from.

Chris H

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
from the 22-8-2021 To the 2-4-22 we have ony had over 31k fans in stadium 3 times.

can ya tell me where we are gonna get another 14k fans from.
To be fair, that’s because they’re the 3 since the Graham Hughes stand opened aren’t they?

I get the argument about people not wanting to be sat in a half empty stadium, but equally surely as fans we want some excess capacity to keep pricing reasonable.

It’s supply and demand and at the moment demand exceeds supply which encourages price hikes. Extra capacity would allow for more revenue that way and allow for more reasonable pricing that may encourage more local fans to go to the games fans from further afield can’t get to, especially if they’re priced lower as a result.

As fans we want a full stadium and cheap tickets, as a business the club will want the opposite. A middle ground is hopefully there to be found.

beppe7619

Reaction score
To be fair, that’s because they’re the 3 since the Graham Hughes stand opened aren’t they?

I get the argument about people not wanting to be sat in a half empty stadium, but equally surely as fans we want some excess capacity to keep pricing reasonable.

It’s supply and demand and at the moment demand exceeds supply which encourages price hikes. Extra capacity would allow for more revenue that way and allow for more reasonable pricing that may encourage more local fans to go to the games fans from further afield can’t get to, especially if they’re priced lower as a result.

As fans we want a full stadium and cheap tickets, as a business the club will want the opposite. A middle ground is hopefully there to be found.
People want a family day out at the football so would buy up to 8 tickets per supporter number at the moment you can only get one

1972 i began

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
By all means increase the capacity..BUT. Not by 15 To 19k some are quoting.Leicester city won the premier league in 2015-16.There capacity is 32.262.it's took them nearly 6 years from then to submit plans for an extra 8 k seats. Bringing their capacity up to 40k.Why do some fans think we can fill a bigger stadium than Leicester can.

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
There's no point then because we dow need a 45 or 50k stadium.We hardly play games on a Saturday anymore,and if we do it's maybe some stupid kick off times where far away fans cannot attend.As what's already bin mentioned by Sussex wolf,and LythamWolf.The waiting list is not a true reflection as I've said before,I know at least 5 that's on the list but wouldn't buy one now.And you have had people declining tickets that's bin offered them for this season.We ay in London where we can offer tickets to tourists.

Despite my logistical challenges of getting to games, I’m still on the STH waiting list, I pay an annual membership fee to stay on it, and I would buy one if offered. The difference being that if I know I can get a ticket, then I can plan the logistics with sufficient notice so I can get to more games. There would be the odd game I couldn’t attend, but that’s the case for many STH’s.

Because of my transport challenges, despite being a Wolves fan for over 50 years, I’ve not been a regular home fan since promotion. So my son (also waiting) and I would count as +2 on top of our current average home gates and would not simply be a conversion of existing day ticket to STH as Reans commented. I suspect I’m not alone and that there a good number of long term Wolves fans who for various reasons would love to come to games but don’t have a ST and find it hard to get tickets. We have one of the highest seat utilisation rates in the PL which objectively supports that.

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
By all means increase the capacity..BUT. Not by 15 To 19k some are quoting.Leicester city won the premier league in 2015-16.There capacity is 32.262.it's took them nearly 6 years from then to submit plans for an extra 8 k seats. Bringing their capacity up to 40k.Why do some fans think we can fill a bigger stadium than Leicester can.

Oh I don’t know, perhaps because we’ve had higher average crowds than them over our respective club history?

1972 i began

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Oh I don’t know, perhaps because we’ve had higher average crowds than them over our respective club history?

They won the premier league though.Surely they should have encouraged a few thousand plastics to join . :tonguewink:

1972 i began

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Yeah sorry.I completely forgot about the temp stand being closed.

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Going off topic I’m not sure the vile will get their plans approved they have issues regarding fan travel (train) & parking issues on match day as it is. Without that being rectified they are causing a bigger issue and could well stall their vision

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
They won the premier league though.Surely they should have encouraged a few thousand plastics to join . :tonguewink:

That would be difficult when they were already effectively filling their stadium as soon as promoted. They actually started talking about expanding the King Power to over 40k as long ago as 2015. Lots of reasons for the delay until detailed plans last year, but shows how long expansion plans can take.

Last edited:

1972 i began

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Despite my logistical challenges of getting to games, I’m still on the STH waiting list, I pay an annual membership fee to stay on it, and I would buy one if offered. The difference being that if I know I can get a ticket, then I can plan the logistics with sufficient notice so I can get to more games. There would be the odd game I couldn’t attend, but that’s the case for many STH’s.

Because of my transport challenges, despite being a Wolves fan for over 50 years, I’ve not been a regular home fan since promotion. So my son (also waiting) and I would count as +2 on top of our current average home gates and would not simply be a conversion of existing day ticket to STH as Reans commented. I suspect I’m not alone and that there a good number of long term Wolves fans who for various reasons would love to come to games but don’t have a ST and find it hard to get tickets. We have one of the highest seat utilisation rates in the PL which objectively supports that.

There ay thousands in the same position as you though.Come on.I drink in town most days,I talk to loads of Wolverhampton lads,who are getting more and more fed up with Monday Tuesday Wednesday Friday night games.And stupid Saturday and Sunday times.This and the ever increasing ticket prices ay gewin down well with lads I know and drink with.Ok not every Wolverhampton lad/lady/family are desperate and some maybe well off and can afford the increases.But there's more who ay got that extra money.Especially now with the cost of living rises.Some are gonna be in for a shock if prices rise like lastyear.Thats for certain. :mad:

1972 i began

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
That would be difficult when they were already effectively filling their stadium as soon as promoted. They actually started talking about expanding the King Power to over 40k as long ago as 2015. Lots of reasons for the delay until detailed plans last year, but shows how long expansion plans can take.

Ok I'll give in now.I just car be ****ing bothered anymore.But yow lot am gonna have a long wait that's all I'm saying now on the subject.

Chris H

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think any increase has got to be worthwhile for the club. Let’s be honest, they’ll want increased corporate as that’s where the money is but I’d say 40k would be a decent initial target.

Perhaps this would be a little on the large side for some games but we’d fill it some times and that would hopefully mean the club have to price tickets reasonably.

Ticket prices exacerbate other issues people have with game times and things like that. Priced more reasonably the other hurdles people have to going would probably be more easy to overcome.

Yeah sorry.I completely forgot about the temp stand being closed.
No worries. I think it’s difficult to argue what our attendance could be based on what it has been when capacity can affect that.

Looking over the past 30 years you’d say 30k is more than enough because we’ve never gone higher. Well, we can’t if that’s the capacity. On the other hand we could double capacity and find that actually 30k was always the sweet spot.

Ideally you’d want to build so that we get within 2/3k of capacity for the less popular games. That wouldn’t be so empty it was an issue but would leave enough leeway for casual fans and walk ups who may become more than that if they get the chance to go.

40k with a view to increase it from there once we’re winning the Champions League is reasonable in my view. :p

LythamWolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score

Why do you find it difficult getting tickets when you’re a member?

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I get to home midweek league matches from London albeit that means an afternoon off but getting into Euston at 0115ish and home after 0200 when l'm working the next day is far from great....

I get the train because l came rather too close to crashing on the M1 after dozing off on the way home......

Bill S Preston Esq.

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Our only midweek train back to North Wales doesn't depart Wolves till 23:27 arriving back at 01:27 assuming it runs to time, which it regularly doesn't.
Consider yourself lucky there's a train to get you home, that leaves after the match has finished.

No such luck for those of us travelling back to Hampshire.

wayne-the-wanderer

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
People that are talking about interest rates being low - the rates are completely different in relation to a footbal club - the rates are based on risk objectives, pre covid a £100m loan to a football club for a stadium redevelopment would have been seen as a good investment = a good interest rate for the club, now it can be seen as an unstable investment = a higher rate than pre covid

Back
Top Bottom