Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Stadium Plans

Woodsetton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
There is one thing Fosun have done brilliantly and that is the brand name. I live in what you would call a cultural tourist location, in Spain, so I see tourists from all over the world. If I wear a Wolves baseball cap, with just the Wolf head logo, people not from England will point and say Wolves.
Yesterday an Italian who supports Roma, a German who supports Dortmund and someone from Holland, all said Wolves when they saw the Wolves logo.
It got me thinking, that there aren't many clubs in the Premier League, who you could identify a team by, just by their logo, if nothing is written next to it. I know we have had the Wolf's head for many years, but Fosun have truly put us on another level as a brand name.

I’m in Sorrento, Italy at the moment and I was wearing my Wolves training top, acknowledgments from Italians in Sorrento and Amalfi. All because the badge is so easy to recognise.

Stourport wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I’m in Sorrento, Italy at the moment and I was wearing my Wolves training top, acknowledgments from Italians in Sorrento and Amalfi. All because the badge is so easy to recognise.

I honestly don't think a Leicester football shirt would be so easily recognisable abroad and they have recently won the league.

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I wish they would at least do the NW half quadrant. That would balance up the stadium. No loss of capacity while building it, and with a bit of extra corporate income it surely wouldn’t take long to pay for itself.

Agreed. Should also help with the NB rain issue a little, especially if they also used the opportunity to modify the existing NB at the same time.

CBF11276-7442-4E77-90AC-1CAF71E96B8D.jpeg

Woodsetton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I honestly don't think a Leicester football shirt would be so easily recognisable abroad and they have recently won the league.

In Pompeii today and two more Italian shop keepers shouting “Wolverhampton” and “Wolves”
About to climb Vesuvius let’s see if anyone shouts the famous words up there lol

Reaction score
In Pompeii today and two more Italian shop keepers shouting “Wolverhampton” and “Wolves”
About to climb Vesuvius let’s see if anyone shouts the famous words up there lol
I was in Uganda for work recently and was wearing my Wolves shirt in a very small town in a rural region in the west. The manager of the cafe I was in recognised my shirt and said Wolves were his favourite PL team. Unfortunately, it was the day we played Norwich in the cup so my shirt definitely wasn’t lucky!

we love jez moxey

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
There is one thing Fosun have done brilliantly and that is the brand name. I live in what you would call a cultural tourist location, in Spain, so I see tourists from all over the world. If I wear a Wolves baseball cap, with just the Wolf head logo, people not from England will point and say Wolves.
Yesterday an Italian who supports Roma, a German who supports Dortmund and someone from Holland, all said Wolves when they saw the Wolves logo.
It got me thinking, that there aren't many clubs in the Premier League, who you could identify a team by, just by their logo, if nothing is written next to it. I know we have had the Wolf's head for many years, but Fosun have truly put us on another level as a brand name.
Well I'm in Majorca.. and some **** with a Newcastle shirt on pointed at me and laughed on Saturday Morning!

WKFWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
i was in Switzerland last week with work and had a few comments at Zurich airport regarding Grasshoppers, they mentioned that there are some people who arent happy with the setup but most acknowledge that for the time being its a good link up and helped them get back to the top division

apparently most of the saltiness has come from us taking Toti back as apparently their defence has really struggled without him

SingYourHeartsOut

"Inglorious"
Reaction score
Agreed. Should also help with the NB rain issue a little, especially if they also used the opportunity to modify the existing NB at the same time.

View attachment 27511
Looks nicer, but you're building a load of seats that won't be sold in my lifetime as the same sightline issues with the Steve Bull.

Says it all about redevelopment that this thread has become about how great the badge is!

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Looks nicer, but you're building a load of seats that won't be sold in my lifetime as the same sightline issues with the Steve Bull.

Says it all about redevelopment that this thread has become about how great the badge is!

I agree. That was just a quick photoshop using the NE Quad as a template. If the club did decide to build a matching NW Quad, then I assume they would modify the offending corner of the BW roof to eliminate sightlines given it’s unlikely the BW will be replaced in the next decade or more. The Steve Bull roof could have been modified in a similar way when the NB built, but it was assumed it would be demolished within a year or two. If there is now no plan to replace it anytime soon, it could be modified to eliminate the restricted sightlines. Indeed, both corners could be fully filled to add seats and the roof modified so all seats in both Quads could be used.

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I agree. That was just a quick photoshop using the NE Quad as a template. If the club did decide to build a matching NW Quad, then I assume they would modify the offending corner of the BW roof to eliminate sightlines given it’s unlikely the BW will be replaced in the next decade or more. The Steve Bull roof could have been modified in a similar way when the NB built, but it was assumed it would be demolished within a year or two. If there is now no plan to replace it anytime soon, it could be modified to eliminate the restricted sightlines. Indeed, both corners could be fully filled to add seats and the roof modified so all seats in both Quads could be used.

Something along these lines would mean the North Bank no longer sticks out like a sore thumb, would lift our capacity to over 35k, add a little more hospitality, help the NB rain problem, and should provide a permanent Quad home for away fans. Doesn’t fix the Steve Bull issues or anything else!

4F5F0F70-2B47-449F-8D94-9E23B08DA2EE.jpeg

Last edited:

wayne-the-wanderer

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Still don't understand why they don't take the segregation rain out the north bank and add seats - 100+ seats for very little outlay

Minimalist

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Still don't understand why they don't take the segregation rain out the north bank and add seats - 100+ seats for very little outlay
Suppose it’s there for when away fans use quadrant.
Would be nice to make the SBL splittable. Perhaps even just make SBL 9 and 10 part of SE corner when/if that gets its temp stand. Then have whole north bank permanently home fans and remove the rails. Could also cut away part of SB roof to make those seats in the top corner useable.

Peszkywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Like Minimalist said, a SBL 2/3 away fans with the others using the lower tier of the NB quad? Would keep them all together in the corner getting out of the ground and not look as big a mass of people all along that side. Probably still 2500? And would mean at least a 1/3 of the SB boxes wouldn't face out over the away fans.
That SB/South Bank corner would be a great place to watch the game atmosphere wise.

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Like Minimalist said, a SBL 2/3 away fans with the others using the lower tier of the NB quad? Would keep them all together in the corner getting out of the ground and not look as big a mass of people all along that side. Probably still 2500? And would mean at least a 1/3 of the SB boxes wouldn't face out over the away fans.
That SB/South Bank corner would be a great place to watch the game atmosphere wise.

I think it was Nuno who said he wanted away fans only in the quad and not along the side of the pitch in the SBL. Many clubs shove their away fans in a corner stand, or the upper tier as far into the corner as they can to reduce their ability to influence the teams.

We could also try the Newcastle trick of sticking fans in the upper tier with no lifts, hoping that fans are too knackered or frightened of heights to sing!

Peszkywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think it was Nuno who said he wanted away fans only in the quad and not along the side of the pitch in the SBL. Many clubs shove their away fans in a corner stand, or the upper tier as far into the corner as they can to reduce their ability to influence the teams.

We could also try the Newcastle trick of sticking fans in the upper tier with no lifts, hoping that fans are too knackered or frightened of heights to sing!
Not a fan of that, think it makes a better atmosphere when the away fans are near the pitch, might give them 1% advantage but still makes it more of an exciting matchday IMO.

JR’s Boots

Groupie
Reaction score
Expansion of Molineux is not just a financial business case consideration. The custodians of Wolves also have a duty to protect the long term interests of the club.

We have an ageing demographic on match days; I’m over 50 myself and it’s very obvious around the ground that a large proportion of the crowd are middle aged and older.

With Albion drifting into dreary obscurity, Wolves have a great opportunity to attract the next generation of fans in the Black Country and beyond. However Molineux is too small and without a bigger capacity there is no way of enticing and nurturing future support.

oldgoldheart

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I posted this on another stadium thread as i thought it was this one. "Jeff said that the interest cost was too high a year or so back. at the time interestr rates were at their lowest ever. they are rising now as is the cost of building materials. so, there is literally no chance of a rebuild. that opportunity was not taken. the time to rebuild was 2016-2020. molineux won't change now for at least a decade"

Coshamwolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I posted this on another stadium thread as i thought it was this one. "Jeff said that the interest cost was too high a year or so back. at the time interestr rates were at their lowest ever. they are rising now as is the cost of building materials. so, there is literally no chance of a rebuild. that opportunity was not taken. the time to rebuild was 2016-2020. molineux won't change now for at least a decade"
And many other clubs are going ahead with redevelopment, It`s just an excuse from Shi.

Last edited:

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We should perhaps enlist this poster (sempe3) on Skyscraper City to design a Molmix vision for a new Molineux. His step by step thread showing how he designed a new stadium for Bournemouth (just done as a hobby) is fascinating.

Last edited:

Berlin Wolf

Supporters Clubs Empresario
Reaction score
You can have your say on Villa’s development here….22,000 waiting list for STs.

Can’t wait to hear our (Wolves) development plans….

Would be good to hear the latest on what development plans Wolves now have in mind. Maybe an update by Jeff in the next Ask Wolves session.

Coshamwolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Would be good to hear the latest on what development plans Wolves now have in mind. Maybe an update by Jeff in the next Ask Wolves session.
So when is the next so called Ask Wolves session? I really don`t think the club have any major development plans. They`re even silent on the SE temp build, of which we`ve had planning for getting on nearly two years.

whitnash wolf ex.dewsbury

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
So when is the next so called Ask Wolves session? I really don`t think the club have any major development plans. They`re even silent on the SE temp build, of which we`ve had planning for getting on nearly two years.
That stand was going to be built when Moxey was there.All they had to do was match the money
the E.U. had promised as a grant.

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

I don’t see that plan happening, and if I’m honest, I’m not bothered if it doesn’t. As I said in another thread, uncovered temporary stands are an embarrassment for a Premier League club in 2022, especially when our direct competition are announcing plans to redevelop stands, or even entire stadiums. Building a second is just adding insult to injury, and it would be even more obvious on the tv cameras.

I get the financial rationale for not spending limited funds expanding the stadium. If the club feels that’s likely going to be the case for the foreseeable future, then just spend a modest amount of money on maintenance and minor improvements for the existing stands, and build a couple of cheap covered corner stands either side of the South Bank. If they could squeeze an increase in capacity to 35k, it would be progress.

Berlin Wolf

Supporters Clubs Empresario
Reaction score
Questions for the second Ask Wolves session had to be in by 4th April.
Giving the club time to wade through them, would think next couple of weeks, or shortly after the season has finished at the latest.
I didn't ask a stadium redevelopment related question this time, will wait to see if there is an update by Jeff.

Warrington_Wolf

Reaction score
If FOSUN’s reason for cutting back on spending is because they want the club to be completely self sufficient, but they aren’t willing to upgrade the stadium (free from FFP restraints) in order to increase the capacity, commercial offerings and ultimately income of the club then that is a massive red flag.

It makes you question their long term ambitions really.

TFWanderers

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We should perhaps enlist this poster (sempe3) on Skyscraper City to design a Molmix vision for a new Molineux. His step by step thread showing how he designed a new stadium for Bournemouth (just done as a hobby) is fascinating.
What's the point when the money / ambition isn't there to match the ideas?

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
What's the point when the money / ambition isn't there to match the ideas?

Precisely because the club are doing zero about it. May as well have a fan led design we can dream about!

More seriously, if at some point the club did decide to do a proper redevelopment of Molineux, they would likely seek fan input. Work gone into a fan concept, including wants and wishes, and preferred stadium style/features, would perhaps help to avoid another Morgan North Bank.

Back
Top Bottom