Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Southampton Away

bigwolf

Reaction score
There's also the corporates, sponsors, ex-players, family members and general hangers on which I'd guess will be relatively small in numbers for Saints on a Sunday so you're probably not far off but, as was seen for the game at Spurs in their new ground, their numbers can increase dramatically for the glamour ties.

Very true. Prawn Sandwich Brigade ha!

bigwolf

Reaction score
700 left for 1020 tomorrow. I'm surprised.

So all is needed to get a ticket or at least in with a great chance is have a ST and go to pre season friendly and forest away.

Next exactly a closed shop.

Alex Rae The Substitute

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
On 1010… hoping it drops that low. An easier game for me to get to than our home matches.

Been twice and seen us lose twice, so probably best if I don’t get a ticket…

Flaneur

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Behave.

As a ST holder who benefits from points system for away games I still think a ballot or similar is a much fairer system and should be explored by the club.
In fairness, if you're okay with building up your points going to the less glamorous away games like Newcastle, Brighton etc. it's definitely possible to do over time.

Leicester went down to 1120, so considering all the Europa League home games we had + cup games that were easy to get to like Reading, Villa and Utd, you would've only had to have gone to around 3-4 league away games that season to be able to get on the 1030 point mark now.

Alex Rae The Substitute

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
In fairness, if you're okay with building up your points going to the less glamorous away games like Newcastle, Brighton etc. it's definitely possible to do over time.

Leicester went down to 1120, so considering all the Europa League home games we had + cup games that were easy to get to like Reading, Villa and Utd, you would've only had to have gone to around 3-4 league away games that season to be able to get on the 1030 point mark now.

I went to all but one Europa home games, and traveled to Torino with an away ticket, also had Villa away tickets in the cup that season.

I’m now back to 1010 points for some reason.

ChesterWolf

Reaction score
Behave.

As a ST holder who benefits from points system for away games I still think a ballot or similar is a much fairer system and should be explored by the club.

Would certainly be nice to have the chance of away tickets every once in a while. I think a small ballot for members (maybe 10%) who have a certain amount of points from home games would be fair, with a cap on how many times you can be successful to guarantee everyone eligible is successful at some point.

Oh When the Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Would certainly be nice to have the chance of away tickets every once in a while. I think a small ballot for members (maybe 10%) who have a certain amount of points from home games would be fair, with a cap on how many times you can be successful to guarantee everyone eligible is successful at some point.

agree - a cap of 10% seems logical if capacity alllows for all those on top points to get tickets

Certainly no more

The White Mouse

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I went to all but one Europa home games, and traveled to Torino with an away ticket, also had Villa away tickets in the cup that season.

I’m now back to 1010 points for some reason.

me too. skipped the pre season friendly and leicester too for family reasons, but wish i'd just coughed up now!

JadeWolf

Official Noddy pre match thread starter.
Reaction score
Agree, as an AST I wouldn’t mind a small number of tickets being available for a general ballot. We have about 1500 ASTs and we get about 3000 tickets at most away games, so there’s space to look after the regulars and the fans who don’t get to go so much.

bigwolf

Reaction score
I like the idea of haviing a random draw for people who sign up for away games.

For example every ST holder gets option to sign up for five away games as a block. So as an example Man Utd, West Ham, Burnley, Norwich and Leeds.

You don't get to choose you just randomly allocated into block of five games based on position of teams the season before. So you get a spread of the best to worst in your draw.

You then have window to buy tickets for your away games and if you don't purchase they go on sale to others.

This would ensure all ST holders can guarantee themselves up to five away games a season. But if do t want to go then just leave it.

In addition a quantity...say 300 or so...are also offered up to members.

Details would need worked through but as a straw man I think it's a good suggestion.

But would need someone with at least half a brain to implement so it's a no goer I guess at wolves.

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
I'm quite surprised that it didn't sell out (or quite nearly) today. Seem to be 750 or so left for people on 1020,which I think means any ST who made the effort to go to the friendly and Forest can get one in the morning. So if you think there is a closed shop (which I do think there pretty much was), then you can join it now, I'd certainly recommend it.

Reaction score

For example every ST holder gets option to sign up for five away games as a block. So as an example Man Utd, West Ham, Burnley, Norwich and Leeds.

You don't get to choose you just randomly allocated into block of five games based on position of teams the season before. So you get a spread of the best to worst in your draw.

You then have window to buy tickets for your away games and if you don't purchase they go on sale to others.

This would ensure all ST holders can guarantee themselves up to five away games a season. But if do t want to go then just leave it.

Details would need worked through but as a straw man I think it's a good suggestion.

But would need someone with at least half a brain to implement so it's a no goer I guess at wolves.
The maths dont work though... you would guarantee 20000 STH 5 games each = 100000 tickets divided by 19 games = 5263 per game when allocations are around 3000 per game.

kidder_wolf_II

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Absolute rubbish.

Im sorry but why should I be limited to only 5 away games a season when I made the effort to go to celta Vigo and Forest away as well as every PL away game, FA & League Cup home and away game as well as every home game and Torino away in the Europa League last season.

Seems like some fans only want to go to Prem games and queue jump above the loyal fans who have travelled away for years.

It’s not even a closed shop as you would be on 1020 if you had gone to the the Celta and Forest games which would give you a good chance for Soton away. Put the effort it that the rest of us have and enjoy the rewards.

It’s the same with the non members who bitch about not being able to see Wolves at Molineux yet a pre season friendly and a cup game v Spurs is beneath them!

wwfc9

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Absolute rubbish.

Im sorry but why should I be limited to only 5 away games a season when I made the effort to go to celta Vigo and Forest away as well as every PL away game, FA & League Cup home and away game as well as every home game and Torino away in the Europa League last season.

Seems like some fans only want to go to Prem games and queue jump above the loyal fans who have travelled away for years.

It’s not even a closed shop as you would be on 1020 if you had gone to the the Celta and Forest games which would give you a good chance for Soton away. Put the effort it that the rest of us have and enjoy the rewards.

It’s the same with the non members who bitch about not being able to see Wolves at Molineux yet a pre season friendly and a cup game v Spurs is beneath them!
Here here my good friend !! Here here

JadeWolf

Official Noddy pre match thread starter.
Reaction score
Absolute rubbish.

Agree, anyone who has the time and frankly the money to be able to commit to every away game should be allowed to, I think. I’m not against a small percent of tickets being given to a ballot of STH/members who don’t have the points, to keep it open for all, but limiting people to 5 games would kill off our loyal core of away support.

Brockmoorwolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Agree, anyone who has the time and frankly the money to be able to commit to every away game should be allowed to, I think. I’m not against a small percent of tickets being given to a ballot of STH/members who don’t have the points, to keep it open for all, but limiting people to 5 games would kill off our loyal core of away support.
Cool coz I've been a season ticket holder for about 25 yrs and when circumstances failed me coz of the 360 mile round trip on mainly A roads. I dropped it. Now I can afford to go home and away every week and probably take 2 mates every week free of charge..
A couple of relegations I will still be here will you ?

bigwolf

Reaction score
Absolute rubbish.

Don't you attend reserves and youth games?

And you call yourself a loyal fan

Alex Rae The Substitute

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Absolute rubbish.

I live in London. Have always lived this way, so with my season ticket I drive circa 4.5 hours every other weekend at great expense.

A League Cup game away at Forest which would mean taking time off work was just a stretch too far, but yes a Sunday game at a much more convenient location like Southampton is more appealing.

Just adding a bit of context around other fans ‘effort’.

Oh When the Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I live in London. Have always lived this way, so with my season ticket I drive circa 4.5 hours every other weekend at great expense.

A League Cup game away at Forest which would mean taking time off work was just a stretch too far, but yes a Sunday game at a much more convenient location like Southampton is more appealing.

Just adding a bit of context around other fans ‘effort’.
So do many others though , who travel a long way to home games , and do all the away games.

Most people take half a day off for midweek away matches.

Alex Rae The Substitute

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
So do many others though , who travel a long way to home games , and do all the away games.

Most people take half a day off for midweek away matches.

My point being for those who actually have a ‘home’ game every other week it’s a bit easier to get to matches.

And I’m fairly confident in saying ‘most’ of our core away support live within 15 miles of Molineux, not traveling 100s of miles each weekend.

Don’t want to turn this into a super fan debate again, but it’s quite frustrating how dismissive some can be of the efforts required just to get to home games each week is pretty much the same as taking the effort to go to an away game for some.

John Richards 1974

Reaction score
Just got my Southampton ticket only 200 left. My points for Leicester & Watford...............couldn't make CV or Forest

MobNet Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The obvious issue this season is resetting the points too early.

It placed way too high an emphasis on a pre-season friendly and an early league cup tie as the sole deciders as to whether you’d have enough points for away tickets for the rest of the season.

I went from being a “maximum-pointer” in recent seasons to being a bit touch-and-go on just 1020 points at the moment, because I legitimately couldn’t do the CV and Forest games (and I didn’t want to buy a ticket just for the points, denying someone who could legitimately go).

It seems to me that letting at least a month of the season play-out on last season’s points, as has been done in previous seasons, is a better system.

Oh When the Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
My point being for those who actually have a ‘home’ game every other week it’s a bit easier to get to matches.

And I’m fairly confident in saying ‘most’ of our core away support live within 15 miles of Molineux, not traveling 100s of miles each weekend.

Don’t want to turn this into a super fan debate again, but it’s quite frustrating how dismissive some can be of the efforts required just to get to home games each week is pretty much the same as taking the effort to go to an away game for some.

I agree and am in the same boat - but it is what it is.

Reaction score
Always going to be winners and losers whichever way it’s done unfortunately, I’ve alway seemed to be right on the cut off so it’s worked better for me now

I couldn’t get a Watford ticket on my previous points but I could get a Leicester and easily got a Southampton due to cv and forest
Hopefully should be in good shape for villa and leeds

John Richards 1974

Reaction score
The obvious issue this season is resetting the points too early.

It placed way too high an emphasis on a pre-season friendly and an early league cup tie as the sole deciders as to whether you’d have enough points for away tickets for the rest of the season.

I went from being a “maximum-pointer” in recent seasons to being a bit touch-and-go on just 1020 points at the moment, because I legitimately couldn’t do the CV and Forest games (and I didn’t want to buy a ticket just for the points, denying someone who could legitimately go).

It seems to me that letting at least a month of the season play-out on last season’s points, as has been done in previous seasons, is a better system.
Agree, I've gone from 1240 to 1020 they reset points far to early and I've been going home and away since 1974.

bigwolf

Reaction score
Agree, I've gone from 1240 to 1020 they reset points far to early and I've been going home and away since 1974.

The problem was not resetting too early just not communicating that's what they would do clearly to all fans.

If they had been clear from the start you could have prepared like many others to ensure you boosted your points early with another game.

But communication is not a strength at wolves as we know.

Oh When the Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Always going to be winners and losers whichever way it’s done unfortunately, I’ve alway seemed to be right on the cut off so it’s worked better for me now

I couldn’t get a Watford ticket on my previous points but I could get a Leicester and easily got a Southampton due to cv and forest
Hopefully should be in good shape for villa and leeds
That’s the problem tho

You should have been behind the queue for watford.

Yet for villa and Leeds you might be beating someone who had 1200 before .

That’s not right - based on a league cup match midweek mainly

MrJamez

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Just about got mine (Surprisingly with only 1010 points)

Reaction score
The problem was not resetting too early just not communicating that's what they would do clearly to all fans.

If they had been clear from the start you could have prepared like many others to ensure you boosted your points early with another game.

But communication is not a strength at wolves as we know.
Agree with this, I learnt the had way a few seasons ago and despite going to all the feasible away euro games I could never catch up
I knew getting some easier points in early this season was the way forward

Back
Top Bottom