Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Songs to come out to

oldgolded

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It struck me that 'Somebody to Love' by Jefferson Airplane would be an interesting option.
Can imagine the opening cords creating a surrealistic and psychedelic atmosphere around the stadium:

Don't you want somebody to love
The Wolves!
Don't you need somebody to love
The Wolves!
Wouldn't you love somebody to love
The Wolves!
You better find somebody to love
The Wolves!

Ches78

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Riot Squad - F*** the Tories.

Capture the mood of the nation.

Plus, we could shout "Baggies" instead of the T word...

Guess Jeff might not approve.

;)

lostwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Status Quo does my head in at the end of games. Especially when it comes on the moment the whistle's blown.

We all wanted to have a good celebratory sing song after the game the other night, we love you Wanderers or some anti-**** songs, but instead got that crap belted out the tannoy. Give it a minute DJ ffs then pop on Tears for Fears, job's a good'un.

Lou Pine

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I found a great version of ‘Wandrin Star’ by Shane MacGowan and The Popes on Spotify the other day. Would be class pre/post match.

Believe it or not there’s also dance versions of Those Were the Days!

Last edited:

RosehillWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It can only be “ of wolf and man “ by Metallica

No one would ever want to be associated with this latter day hip hop and rap ****

sedgwolf1980

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I imagine those muppets will be trying to cram the extra syllable in wan-der-ers into the liquidator next weekend.

Never know, maybe Shi might be into his reggae and ska, hear the beat, then suggest we start playing it again.

BrierleyHillWolves

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I imagine those muppets will be trying to cram the extra syllable in wan-der-ers into the liquidator next weekend.

Never know, maybe Shi might be into his reggae and ska, hear the beat, then suggest we start playing it again.
Said it before a bit of two tone / ska is way forward.

The Prince - Madness would get the Steve Bull upper rocking

Hsvwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
For me pre match...bring back the 'Cafe Del Mar ' mash up ........We made it our own and original

End of game (after win) , bin Status Quo , and play Depeche Mode , ' Just Can't get enough' or even the Goal music 'L'amour toujours'

WolfLing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'm not a gay man. But if that ever changed, I'd definitely choose to come out to 'A Little Respect' by Erasure. Absolute banger that one.

Achilles Last Stand

Reaction score
Motörhead and their Motörhead track.
Crank up the volume to Eleven, and everyone is deaf but happy.

Otherwise keep Kashmir, as it is excellent with that grooving Led Zep rhythm.
The Rover is another Led Zep classic rocker, from the same Physical Graffiti album.

Kebab Warrior

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
For me pre match...bring back the 'Cafe Del Mar ' mash up ........We made it our own and original

End of game (after win) , bin Status Quo , and play Depeche Mode , ' Just Can't get enough' or even the Goal music 'L'amour toujours'
Loved that

Lou Pine

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Nothing tells us more about what a bunch of old gits we are than this thread.

Any suggestions by artists born in the last 30 years?
Oh yes, completely! Many on here definitely seem of a certain age. There are still some great tunes being released these days but the whole modern consumption of music is just bizarre to me. It’s all so disposable.

If the club played a celebratory tune at the end of the match that was recorded by someone born post ‘94 would the majority of the crowd know what it was? If people tried to start a chant based on a similarly aged tune, would it catch on? Tunes played on TV shows, during sports montages of major events…it’s all ‘heritage’ stuff. Even modern stuff I like that I listen to, I know that I won’t here it on a radio station in10 years time.

Anyway. All say no to Quo.

Kebab Warrior

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Oh yes, completely! Many on here definitely seem of a certain age. There are still some great tunes being released these days but the whole modern consumption of music is just bizarre to me. It’s all so disposable.

If the club played a celebratory tune at the end of the match that was recorded by someone born post ‘94 would the majority of the crowd know what it was? If people tried to start a chant based on a similarly aged tune, would it catch on? Tunes played on TV shows, during sports montages of major events…it’s all ‘heritage’ stuff. Even modern stuff I like that I listen to, I know that I won’t here it on a radio station in10 years time.

Anyway. All say no to Quo.
The demographics of our fan base worry me. We really need a bigger ground to get kids in.

Lou Pine

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
The demographics of our fan base worry me. We really need a bigger ground to get kids in.
We definitely do. I was able to move my season ticket from the south bank to BW on Tuesday and get tickets for my kids all together. They loved it. They’d been before to a few league cup matches but the better atmosphere really helped grip them throughout. My 8 year old actually said, “I can see why you love coming here so much.”

I’d love to do the same for a big premier league game but the cost and lack of tickets makes it more challenging.

As an aside they loved the pre-match build up music. Post match my wife did ask why they play Status Quo. I was unable to answer.

wolvesaywe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Some of the song choices on here would discourage the middle aged, let alone the kids

Rick

Reaction score
There is a song by the Blackheart Orchestra called Wolves. That goes " We Are Wolves"
Followed by a howl, that I think would be good.

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Most premier league clubs are suffering the same thing...... Mainly the only people who can afford premier league football are older retired people who have both the time and a decent pension to follow teams or the middle aged who finances ain't as stretched as the youngsters ...

You can't pick n choose as youngsters to go to games like we did back in the day.... following a premier league team you have to be all in or not which rules a lot of younger generation out...

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Anything remotely modern, in fact I’d take something from the last 20 years instead of knocking on with stuff that’s half a century old!

Lou Pine

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Anything remotely modern, in fact I’d take something from the last 20 years instead of knocking on with stuff that’s half a century old!
It’s not just us who go with (not so) golden oldies, most clubs seem to.

Personally, I don’t think the age of a track matters. For me it’s more about it being unique to a club, something with meaning, something that unites as much as possible and something we make a racket to. The Quo doesn’t tick any of those.

Any ideas for more modern tracks?

Kennedy

Reaction score
It struck me that 'Somebody to Love' by Jefferson Airplane would be an interesting option.
Can imagine the opening cords creating a surrealistic and psychedelic atmosphere around the stadium:

Don't you want somebody to love
The Wolves!
Don't you need somebody to love
The Wolves!
Wouldn't you love somebody to love
The Wolves!
You better find somebody to love
The Wolves!
I love that song but I fear you and I are a bit older than most and not many would want it .. sadly

Great taste in music though fella

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It’s not just us who go with (not so) golden oldies, most clubs seem to.

Personally, I don’t think the age of a track matters. For me it’s more about it being unique to a club, something with meaning, something that unites as much as possible and something we make a racket to. The Quo doesn’t tick any of those.

Any ideas for more modern tracks?

Personally Run with the Wolves by Progidy would be awesome. Upbeat, aggressive and the title fits

Hsvwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Agreed ......I still get 'flashbacks' at the cheesiness of the 'Impossible Dream' that some thought was the best way to celebrate promotion

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Agreed ......I still get 'flashbacks' at the cheesiness of the 'Impossible Dream' that some thought was the best way to celebrate promotion
Jeff beck, Elvis, Zeppelin, tears for fears, status quo. It’s like going to a really rubbish family party in the 80s!

xbomber

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yes it proved there really is no accounting for taste. Appreciated the efforts of those involved (including some on here) but come on!

Lou Pine

Has a lot to say
Reaction score

Personally Run with the Wolves by Progidy would be awesome. Upbeat, aggressive and the title fits
That’s on my own pre-match playlist.

I think Quo and Tears for Fears were picked randomly by Shi or from Dalrymple’s Spotify wrap. The only reason that I can think of for either being played is that they suggest that we have ambitions to take over the world.

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
That’s on my own pre-match playlist.

I think Quo and Tears for Fears were picked randomly by Shi or from Dalrymple’s Spotify wrap. The only reason that I can think of for either being played is that they suggest that we have ambitions to take over the world.
It’s a great track and would obviously need some editing down to work (though we have a record company for that). The first minute and half as it builds would be great while the players are in the tunnel then it really kicks in.

Alas I’m sure in 20 years time we’ll still be playing bloody hi ho silver lining

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Maybe we should get the grime bloke signed to our record label to do a changed version of Straight outta Compton by NWA? Albeit that’s 30 years old now as well !!

bod101

Admin & No.4
Reaction score

End of game (after win) , bin Status Quo , and play Depeche Mode , ' Just Can't get enough' or even the Goal music 'L'amour toujours
100 percent this for the cafe del mar mash up, it created a fantastic sense of excitement of timed correctly with the players walking out and flames.

Then also find some way of hiding the god awful premier league anthem that flattens the atmosphere at every game

Back
Top Bottom