Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

So Neves.....

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If arsenal offered us

Nelson, Nketiah & Willock for Neves I would say that’s a fair trade for us without money

WolvTown

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Im sure Leicester fans have had a few depressing forum threads over the years with the players they've sold on.
It's not a absolutely terrible loss as long as the club are well prepared to move for a replacement or found another young gem to bring up

goldeneyed

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I do feel we overvalue our own players a smidgen here sometimes!
Can't believe you said that. Normally we (the club) significantly undervalue our players compared to other Premier League teams. On here perhaps sometimes over the top but generally speaking no. Jota for £41m - good deal many would say. But I bet if Liverpool sold him tomorrow they would get £20m more especially if he starts scoring consistently next season. As for over- paying, Semedo and Silva for around £65m was way, way over the top and has cost us dearly overall imv. Net result we have a weaker team. The truth is that if we could get that money back right now would not hesitate to take it and re-invest.

Last edited:

Hoganstolemywife

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Can't believe you said that. Normally we (the club) significantly undervalue our players compared to other Premier League teams. On here perhaps sometimes over the top but generally speaking no. Jota for £41m - good deal many would say. But I bet if Liverpool sold him tomorrow they would get £20m more especially if he starts scoring consistently next season. As for over- paying, Semedo and Silva for around £65m was way, way over the top and has cost us dearly overall imv. Net result we have a weaker team. The truth is that if we could get that money back right now would not hesitate to take it and re-invest.
I mean on here (Mol Mix). I get that Neves is good, but he's not (yet) great. I've seen talk of 70 million being a 'fair' price and that's just a bit pie in the sky. I get that value to the club/team is a different metric, but we, as fans (and indeed fans of all clubs) overrate their best players

In terms of the club, we got market value for Jota, good prices for Costa and Cav, and gave Goncalves away for pennies.

We haven't really sold a lot of players we want to keep under Fosun, so it's too early to judge.

Hoganstolemywife

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I mean it would be great to be owned by a sugardaddy owner but we aren't so need to get over that.
Exactly...

The fact that our neighbours are distorts the thinking on here.

It sucks that Villa are owned by people who don't care about money but that's life! One hopes they get bored at some point

The Pie Poker

Reaction score
I mean on here (Mol Mix). I get that Neves is good, but he's not (yet) great. I've seen talk of 70 million being a 'fair' price and that's just a bit pie in the sky. I get that value to the club/team is a different metric, but we, as fans (and indeed fans of all clubs) overrate their best players

In terms of the club, we got market value for Jota, good prices for Costa and Cav, and gave Goncalves away for pennies.

We haven't really sold a lot of players we want to keep under Fosun, so it's too early to judge.

I agree mate, if we get Jota money for Neves I'd be well happy with that.

Holding onto Traore is more important. Kinda hoping he has a shocking tournament.

Hoganstolemywife

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I agree mate, if we get Jota money for Neves I'd be well happy with that.

Holding onto Traore is more important. Kinda hoping he has a shocking tournament.
I feel we really really missed the boat with Traore. I was desperate for us to sell him last year as that would have been game changing money.

For the fee we would get now I'd rather keep him and see how he fares under Lage

goldeneyed

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I feel we really really missed the boat with Traore. I was desperate for us to sell him last year as that would have been game changing money.

For the fee we would get now I'd rather keep him and see how he fares under Lage
Yes I agree with you about Traore - we might have got £50m for him at the time the media was salivating over him. We might get £30m at most for now unless he does wonders at the Euros. And how much to replace him with similar quality?

Hoganstolemywife

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yes I agree with you about Traore - we might have got £50m for him at the time the media was salivating over him. We might get £30m at most for now unless he does wonders at the Euros. And how much to replace him with similar quality?
Exactly. Selling Traore would be a mistake at this stage. If he can recapture last season's form (on a new contract, with Raul up top again), his value skyrockets again.

wolvesaywe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We love to give excuses for Nuno underperforming last year so Semedo and Silva should be given the same break

Both moved to a new country and a new league in the middle of a pandemic and spent most of the season in lockdown with no crowds

Hardly conducive conditions for optimal performances

I'm excited to see both next year as they'll have none of that, but more so that they'll get a new lease of life under Lage's style of play

Incognito

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
That's true, however if reports are true we have an unhappy neves who doesn't want to be at wolves anymore.
Players always become unhappy at a club at some point. It's up to the club management to pull up trees for the ones they want to, must, keep. Neves falls into that category, as did Jota. For me, we need to leave no stone unturned to keep Neves at the club and build a team around him. I'm not saying we put a gun to his head. Just try to sell the long term strategy and show him we mean business by buying some decent players to supplement his undoubted talents. Easier said than done but there are people at the club paid to do these kind of things. Like I said, I've resigned myself to seeing Ruben leave. Will go down in our history as the one that got away, because there is so much more to come from him.

R

reanswolf

Players always become unhappy at a club at some point. It's up to the club management to pull up trees for the ones they want to, must, keep. Neves falls into that category, as did Jota. For me, we need to leave no stone unturned to keep Neves at the club and build a team around him. I'm not saying we put a gun to his head. Just try to sell the long term strategy and show him we mean business by buying some decent players to supplement his undoubted talents. Easier said than done but there are people at the club paid to do these kind of things. Like I said, I've resigned myself to seeing Ruben leave. Will go down in our history as the one that got away, because there is so much more to come from him.
Indeed, I can understand his thinking though, last season we went backwards and bought for the future not the present.

Adrian_Monk

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
There are four, possibly five clubs in for Neves. Arsenal wanted to get a quick deal done but the level of interest is preventing it from gathering pace. Sad to say I think it's pretty likely Ruben will be gone before the start of the season.

Halesowen wwfc

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
We as fans base value
There are four, possibly five clubs in for Neves. Arsenal wanted to get a quick deal done but the level of interest is preventing it from gathering pace. Sad to say I think it's pretty likely Ruben will be gone before the start of the season.
Adrian the noises i keep hearing are he is off up the m6. I can only assume thats manu or liverpool

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Thanks. Fair to say, that if there is enough interest to meet our valuation of him, then I’d want a few clubs competing for his signing and pushing the deal value up, rather than just a cheeky offer from Arsenal that was perhaps just enough to trigger a sale.

TheRetroChief

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
As for over- paying, Semedo and Silva for around £65m was way, way over the top
Jees, when you think about it, that is an eye-watering amount of money when you think about. *On last season's showing* we look like we well and truly have had our pants pulled down over these. We're possibly not going to be able to sit down again for at least this season.

Ouch.

Sedgley Gold N Black

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Arsenal have had a £40m bid for Ben White, who’s also played in holding midfield.

In recent seasons they’ve had limited funds compared to some of the other historical ‘big 6s’ and can’t imagine it’s improved much this season with no European football.

Would they realistically be able to spend £80-90m on Neves alongside White?

Ps, if he’s worth over £40m, I’d hope Jeff’s reconsidering what he thinks Neves is worth.

Tony

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Arsenal have had a £40m bid for Ben White, who’s also played in holding midfield.

In recent seasons they’ve had limited funds compared to some of the other historical ‘big 6s’ and can’t imagine it’s improved much this season with no European football.

Would they realistically be able to spend £80-90m on Neves alongside White?

Ps, if he’s worth over £40m, I’d hope Jeff’s reconsidering what he thinks Neves is worth.
Its been turned down according to SSN

goldeneyed

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
As has been said, Man U and Liverpool a more likely destination than Arsenal if he does go. And still praying he doesn't and we get Sanches or someone similarly feisty in to dovetail with him next season to show we are still a club serious about strengthening and progressing.

Rhoswolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
As has been said, Man U and Liverpool a more likely destination than Arsenal if he does go. And still praying he doesn't and we get Sanches or someone similarly feisty in to dovetail with him next season to show we are still a club serious about strengthening and progressing.
Agree, but sadly think not

Scallywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Well apparently they offered us 25m and AMN which is laughable
I wouldn’t take AMN even if he paid his own wages!

He’s awful. I’ve seen him at the Mol, on TV and he has done absolutely zilch. Don’t rate him at all and never have. He’s nowhere near good enough to even lace Rubens boots.

Yes it is laughable MEW. There are other words I could use but laughable will do for now.

NickJohnG

Groupie
Reaction score
We as fans base value

Adrian the noises i keep hearing are he is off up the m6. I can only assume thats manu or liverpool
I know no one wants to hear it, but Neves is nowhere near good enough for Man Utd or Liverpool.

He’s just not mobile enough.

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
My bold prediction is Neves and Traore will both see zero pitch time in the euros while other players star and they'll come back and stay. The euros could be a massive blessing for us. Football clubs are lazy, you only need a few other players to have big tournaments and it'll push neves and Traore further down their lists

Scallywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
My bold prediction is Neves and Traore will both see zero pitch time in the euros while other players star and they'll come back and stay. The euros could be a massive blessing for us. Football clubs are lazy, you only need a few other players to have big tournaments and it'll push neves and Traore further down their lists
I can’t understand why Traore wasn’t brought on against Sweden.

Spain were crying out for someone like him to open up the Swedes defence.

Sedgley Gold N Black

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I imagine those looking at Neves, probably have moved Locatelli ahead of him after tonight.

Back
Top Bottom