Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

So... League One

K

KingOfMilwaukee

I actually LOL when I saw the thread title because it seemed so cheeky. Then I glanced again at the Table standings and gulped.

Matt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
3 points from 6 games against the bottom 4 this season (3 D, 3 L). Absolutely pathetic. All well and good raising your game at Anfield but we are in a real battle to stay in the league now. Zola can't buy a win for Blues, well don't worry Gianfranco - a trip to Molineux will sort that out for you.

I wonder if this means Lambert will stop banging on about what a great job he's done and how much better it is now than when he took over. I don't know that stats but he surely must have a worse record than Zenga by now?

jrpb-3

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
the only positive I can see at the moment is that over the last 10 games we've won more games than any other team in the bottom half of the table, the last 3 games is a big worry though as form is now on a definite downward path with only Villa and Rotherham on worse form over the last 4 games

T

TacticalWolf88

before lost key players? Villa with a worse midfield than us?
the only positive I can see at the moment is that over the last 10 games we've won more games than any other team in the bottom half of the table, the last 3 games is a big worry though as form is now on a definite downward path with only Villa and Rotherham on worse form over the last 4 games

Look at the fixture list, who are you confident in beating? Brentford, Rotherham, Bristol, Blackburn and Preston are the ''weaker'' teams that we are left to face all made improvements in January and are looking more stronger than earlier in the season.I'm a half full guy too

Rangiora Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
While it's going to be a nervy run to the finish, I think we'll stay up, Rotherham are all but a certainty for the drop. But the likes of Blackburn, Wigan and Burton aren't looking to good, (unless they're playing us :mad:). Bristol City have been worse than us over the past few months and are plummeting, their good start the only reason they aren't in the bottom three already. QPR who not long ago won three/Four? in a row (includes beating us) are below us again. Add to this Birmingham are only five points ahead of us and in free fall and Villa have lost six of the last eight, winning none. And finally (at the moment anyway) all the teams below us bar Bristol City have a worse goal difference.

But none of these lessen the disappointment of losing again tonight, because frankly whats the point in beating Stoke and Liverpool if you can't beat Burton and Wigan.
If we dont start winning again, we will go down, simple as that

jrpb-3

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
before lost key players? Villa with a worse midfield than us?

Look at the fixture list, who are you confident in beating? Brentford, Rotherham, Bristol, Blackburn and Preston are the ''weaker'' teams that we are left to face all made improvements in January and are looking more stronger than earlier in the season.I'm a half full guy too

Villa worse midfield than s ? never mentioned midfield or other positions just that they'd lost their last 4

well the 4 teams we beat in the last 10, Forest, Bristol, Villa and Barnsley, then we've lost to QPR, Norwich, Burton Newcastle and Wigan with a draw against S Wed thrown in, so who knows
those games suggest we'll play better against better teams were we can play our counter attacking game, though if teams have sussed out the way to beat us is to stop us doing that then Lambert needs to work out how to make the team work when we can't counter attack otherwise we are in big trouble

Alex Rae The Substitute

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
League 1 was fun, but we had several factors go in our favour then which I don't believe will be in place:

Still had parachute payments. For all their money will FOSUN be using it wisely or will we sign a load of silky skilled Portuguese outcasts without any experience in L1?

Sako, head and shoulders above anyone outside the PL at the time pretty much. Costa will be off like a fart in the wind if we go down.

The appointment of KJ a proven manager for the job and clean slate given to him. Lambert if we go down will be starting the season with baggage.

For all his floors Morgan was here, had the fight and knew what was needed. On this latter one I'm still to be convinced by FOSUN.

I'm a Lambert fan, but I have to admit I'm nervous.

astraltrader

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If we get relegated this season it would be disasterous.
Lambert has to get us winning again and soon.

F

FLEET WOLF

If we get relegated this season it would be disasterous.
Lambert has to get us winning again and soon.
It would set the Club back for even longer than hanging around the championship. Lambert obviously knows that if the unthinkable happened and we were relegated, he would be sacked-but there again, another club would no doubt take him on! Costa would be gone and I still think he might, if we stay up, Cav, Bod and a few others we wouldn't really miss that much. Worryingly, one or two of our youngsters might be tempted to jump ship as well! However, I remain confident we will stay up, just!

Summer_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'd like to thank genius Kevin Thelwell for presiding over this shambles. Special thanks to Lambert who is now making us worse than we were under Zenga with his whack it anywhere tactics and again another fool who picks Edwards every week. Absolute shambles of a club.

Generally speaking, we've been better under Lambert. The last few games however have been on a par with that fool Zenga's reign.

F

FLEET WOLF

Generally speaking, we've been better under Lambert. The last few games however have been on a par with that fool Zenga's reign.
Yes, that is my take on it and I am convinced that this cup run has not helped the cause one bit-strange as that may sound!

astraltrader

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It would set the Club back for even longer than hanging around the championship. Lambert obviously knows that if the unthinkable happened and we were relegated, he would be sacked-but there again, another club would no doubt take him on! Costa would be gone and I still think he might, if we stay up, Cav, Bod and a few others we wouldn't really miss that much. Worryingly, one or two of our youngsters might be tempted to jump ship as well! However, I remain confident we will stay up, just!

As I said FLEET - we have to stay up.
Relegation would be totally disasterous!

Adrian_Monk

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I've put £20 on it as well, hey it paid for my garden to be landscaped last time we went down. If he doesn't play Saiss against Chelsea I'm done with Wolves and supporting Chelsea until Lambert gets the sack in the summer anyway

Burton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Here we go again, stick £20 on us at 40/1 to go down and make yourselves £800! What have any of you got to lose? What does £20 get you these days?

Air Wolf 90

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I've put £20 on it as well, hey it paid for my garden to be landscaped last time we went down. If he doesn't play Saiss against Chelsea I'm done with Wolves and supporting Chelsea until Lambert gets the sack in the summer anyway

He ain't gonna play Saiss. Hope you enjoy seeing Chelsea win the double*

* Wolves law sees us beat Chelsea on Saturday, then lose to Sutton United in the quarter finals. And get relegated. And sell Costa to the Albion.

D

Dundee Wolf

I've ended up having £20 on relegation as well. Would love us to come to life, but where is the evidence. Off the top of my head I cant remember a striker other than Joe Mason scoring (one goal) for us in... well, I cannot remember, it feels like I can only remember Bodvarsson scoring against Birmingham, surely not? Surely is unfortunately! Wigan and Blackburn both have better fixtures (in theory) on paper over the next month. Wigan have a better run than Blackburn (again in theory). We have some horrible fixtures until the middle of March.

E

Essex Wolf

Until such time as the dross at the club are removed the club will have the shadow of relegation hanging over them.

Lambert for now is showing he isn't the man for the job and my original fears about him are sadly coming to fruition. He along with the coaching staff should all be moved out and professionals moved in. Relegation is a very strong possibility yet some will still say it won't happen. Last three games, 0 points, 1 goal scored from the spot and 4 goals conceded and beaten by two teams who at the time of playing them were relegation fodder. The team lacks spirit, fight, commitment, experience, nous, ability and leadership. Thank you so very very much Lambert now **** off.

Alex Rae The Substitute

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Until such time as the dross at the club are removed the club will have the shadow of relegation hanging over them.

Lambert for now is showing he isn't the man for the job and my original fears about him are sadly coming to fruition. He along with the coaching staff should all be moved out and professionals moved in. Relegation is a very strong possibility yet some will still say it won't happen. Last three games, 0 points, 1 goal scored from the spot and 4 goals conceded and beaten by two teams who at the time of playing them were relegation fodder. The team lacks spirit, fight, commitment, experience, nous, ability and leadership. Thank you so very very much Lambert now **** off.

Lambert is responsible for a few of the issues at the club right now, but in terms of pretty much all of the things listed in your penultimate sentence for me these aren't his fault (spirit may be something he could improve, although I feel initially he greatly did). They lie solely at the feet of the Mendes/ FOSUN experiment and Thelwell.

Lambert inherited this team, it isn't adequate, it hasn't been adequate for sometime. It wasn't addressed properly in the summer and wasn't addressed in January. I don't believe Lambert didn't want to improve the squad last month, but he will have had to tow the party line.

Supadavewolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Surely the time to get nervous is if Blackburn or Wigan start averaging more than a point a game?

They are on target for 43 points. If that happens then we need 9 points from 15 matches. That's (say) 2W 3D and 10L. Surely manageable comfortably?

Come on people, chins up, stiff upper lip at the ready and no need to change those pants for a little while yet :p:D:D

(Awaits being slaughtered :rolleyes:)

E

Essex Wolf

Lambert is responsible for a few of the issues at the club right now, but in terms of pretty much all of the things listed in your penultimate sentence for me these aren't his fault (spirit may be something he could improve, although I feel initially he greatly did). They lie solely at the feet of the Mendes/ FOSUN experiment and Thelwell.

Lambert inherited this team, it isn't adequate, it hasn't been adequate for sometime. It wasn't addressed properly in the summer and wasn't addressed in January. I don't believe Lambert didn't want to improve the squad last month, but he will have had to tow the party line.
ARTS since Lambert took over nothing has improved. Forget the cup run as all that has done is detract from the reality of what's going on. Zenga was pilloried by many on here and the club replaced him but in employing Lambert what has actually improved? I'll openly admit I was beginning to get fooled by Lambert but believe the cup games had me forgetting, or at least placing to the back of my mind, the disastrous league form. The last 3 league games have shown me exactly why I didn't want the man at Wolves from the outset. Totally clueless springs to mind.

Upon taking over is it not the new managers job to address the very issues the previous one was failing at? What I have witnessed of late is a side lacking any of the things needed for a side to be either successful or one that needs to dig deep and scrap for survival. I see no improved fight, a lack lustre level of commitment to the cause and still no leadership. Lambert had a transfer window and failed to make better use of it. Costa was already on Wolves books and Weimann is brought in on loan and been wasted mostly so all the club gained was Marshall who Lambert has already contradicted himself over. One day the mans not fit enough, not match fit, not ready and needs bringing into things over time to suddenly starting a game and playing best part of 80 minutes?:confused:

Lambert has had chance to address this inadequate squad as you put it, which I agree with, but if anything has weakened it. Prince should not have been moved on whilst he is seemingly ignoring Saiss whilst persisteing with past and present failures and throwing youngsters in at the deep end who lack the experience needed when in the current predicament. I don't see that Lambert has had to tow any party line as all the talk was one of FOSUN backing the new manager. For me it's more a case of Lambert and his staff are simply not up to the task.

E

Essex Wolf

Surely the time to get nervous is if Blackburn or Wigan start averaging more than a point a game?

They are on target for 43 points. If that happens then we need 9 points from 15 matches. That's (say) 2W 3D and 10L. Surely manageable comfortably?

Come on people, chins up, stiff upper lip at the ready and no need to change those pants for a little while yet :p:D:D

(Awaits being slaughtered :rolleyes:)
You won't get slaughtered by me Dave but I lack your optimism. After last nights defeat I can well see the likes of Blackburn and Rotherham winning at Molineux and I'm struggling to see where Wolves will pick the points up from?

USA Wolf

President, Jordan Graham Fan Club
Reaction score
If we do go down, at least we can sell Costa for a nice profit and use it to sign Wallace to a hefty extension

D

Deleted member 3518

Here we go again, stick £20 on us at 40/1 to go down and make yourselves £800! What have any of you got to lose? What does £20 get you these days?

First time in my life had a bet on Wolves, £10 at 25/1 to be relegated a bet I truly want to lose!

Big Saft Kid

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
God, I've just read all the way through the catalogue of misery which is this thread. I think we'll stay up simply because there at least 3 teams out of the 6 currently below us that won't be able to make up the 6 point gap which is between us and the 3rd relegation slot. We may not survive by much, but we'll survive.

Supadavewolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
After last nights defeat I can well see the likes of Blackburn and Rotherham winning at Molineux and I'm struggling to see where Wolves will pick the points up from?

No probs, Essex, I witnessed the garbage as well and do wonder where the next goal is coming from. I just think (and hope :() that last night has sounded the warning bell, plus the 6 point gap we have and the abysmal form of teams close to us should keep us out of the bottom three.

Adrian_Monk

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
A few years ago I got a torrent of abuse for betting against us under Solbakken. Think it is a mark of how far we have fallen that William Hill will probably slash the odds tomorrow thanks to Wolves fans on here and nobody is batting an eyelid this time!

sc91

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Last time netted me shy of a grand which I promptly ****ed up the wall in Ibiza.

I've got money on it, but I don't want us to go down, at all.

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Remember Blackburn aren't winning Rotherham are gone it's only Wigan that are likely to stay up so that would have to be for us not to win another game more or less teams below us play each other but if we win about 5 games we will be safe but the performances are of a relegation fight standard since Burton away yes

E

Edgmond Wolf

This in Spades
I think it's a close run thing whether we stay up or not.......

E

Edgmond Wolf

God, I've just read all the way through the catalogue of misery which is this thread. I think we'll stay up simply because there at least 3 teams out of the 6 currently below us that won't be able to make up the 6 point gap which is between us and the 3rd relegation slot. We may not survive by much, but we'll survive.
Whitney Huston....springs to mind :D

F

FLEET WOLF

Yes, that is my take on it, unless one or two of those teams suddenly put a half decent run together.

Freeport wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I do not think we will relegated. Rotherham have taken one place. At least two of the team's currently under us, will still be there at the end of the season. What I am not sure about is if we will reach the 51 point total that we achieved when last relegated to Division one.

goldeneyed

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think we will scrap survival by a couple of points but this is an important time. If we get slaughtered by Chelsea and lose one or two more on the trot, a degree of panic may ensue which could be very serious for our survival chances. What a mess having spent £20m on two wingers! Down and out with the likes of Rotherham and Wigan - pretty shameful whoever you care to blame right now. And still no new striker never mind the other signings we should have made. Unbelievable.

F

FLEET WOLF

I do not think we will relegated. Rotherham have taken one place. At least two of the team's currently under us, will still be there at the end of the season. What I am not sure about is if we will reach the 51 point total that we achieved when last relegated to Division one.
Didn't we go down with 54 points?

Back
Top Bottom