Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

So after 4 league games.................

Where will Wolves ewnd this season

• Automatic promotion

Votes: 5 4.7%
  • Play off place

Votes: 37 34.6%
  • Below 6th place but above mid table

Votes: 43 40.2%
  • Below mid table but safe

Votes: 18 16.8%
  • Drop zone

Votes: 4 3.7%

• Total voters
E

Essex Wolf

.............and going on what you have seen so far where do you think Wolves will end this season?

After relegation I was quietly optimistic that if Wolves could hold onto at least half their better players and bring in a few new faces they could really go for promotion.

Sadly more than half the better players have moved on and although new faces have been brought in they have as yet not settled in and gelled but that isn't a slight on them at all, these things can take time.

So after 4 games which sees Wolves average a point a game and Stale apparently saying Wolves are already 3 points of where they wanted to be I gather things have not gone as expected and right now far from being a side looking for promotion look a very average side who look a mid table outfit at best. My fear though is that the team also look at time bad enough to actually end up in a relegation fight.

Right now and unless things improve, and by that I mean team and individual performances, tactics and formations I can see Wolves ending up pretty much wher ethey are right now.

Last edited by a moderator:

wolf97

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Fourth. Things will improve. Keep the faith.

Going in what we've seen so far then twelfth.

D

dazmanwolf

4 games!.......its only been 4 games! Give it a chance!

Chungster

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Way too early to tell but would be very surprised if we finished in the bottom 6.

M

Mattyeagle

we've got 4 points from being absolutely shocking so by that logic...im hoping we will improve and get in the top 6. I genuinely don't believe there is 6 teams with better squads

E

Essex Wolf

I'll have whatever you're on bod:D That said I don't want whatever the posters on that's gone for relegation:eek: I mean I know I'm pessimistic at times but even I'm not that down, well not just yet anyhow.

bod101

Admin & No.4
Reaction score
it will be auto, maybe not a barnstorming promoted by christmas type but you will see a major improvement around november i think

sc91

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
As Stale has said, this year is going to be a wrte off.

K

kapitiwolf

Playoff place at least. Loans, january window,team becoming stronger as season goes on,Staale factor, no worries from me. In Staale we trust.

L

luckyjim

Definitely need a few more games to judge. I think October/November time will give us a better idea as the foreign players should have come to terms with things by then. Also, plenty of front-runners start to fall away by that time and other teams come to the fore.

R

Richwolf

For ****'s sake give the man and the new team a chance, we don't need people like you at our club. Im fed up of doom & gloomers on here, go and support Sandwell town they need some fans, spread your misery somewhere else.

Come on me babies!!!!!

E

Essex Wolf

it will be auto, maybe not a barnstorming promoted by christmas type but you will see a major improvement around november i think

If auto came along bod I wouldn't care if it were by GD alone but I just don't see it right now but hope to God I'm very very wrong.

After 4 games Wolves are already on a minus GD and have failed to keep a clean sheet in any games and that included the cup.

E

Essex Wolf

For ****'s sake give the man and the new team a chance, we don't need people like you at our club. Im fed up of doom & gloomers on here, go and support Sandwell town they need some fans, spread your misery somewhere else.

Come on me babies!!!!!

What a pathetic and childish reponse. The club do indeed need all their supporters right now and unless your a moron who attends games and boos then words written on a forum mean nothing.

It was a simple set of questions asking for peoples views going on the games played so far. Only someone with blinkered vision would not be able to see things look far from impressive right now and Stale himself has said the team are 3 points behind their target.

W

wolfyjoe

I think we'll be midtable around Christmas and then I'm hoping for a late surge into 5th or 6th place near the end of the season due to O'Hara coming back, a new signing in January and the team learning how to play football together again.

B

BaysideWolf

How many players have come and gone since Stale too over? How many came in over the last few weeks? It's way way too premature to have any real idea how we are going to end up.
New Manager. New style of play, largely a new team. Chill people, it'll take a while to translate into points but it'll come in time (just not sure how much time at this point). It's hardly a crisis yet is it?

Run this poll again after New Year when everyone has had a chance to get used to the new regime.

FWIW, I voted top 6.

Ponty

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
This time last year we were in a Champions League place and nobody thought it was where we'd end up yet it seems a lot of people are happy to write the season off this year. Get some perspective you doomsayers!

WalsallWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not even 10 games in would be a fair assessment of how things are looking/going. In Micks first year when we were in a transition we only really began to turn it on around February time, same also applies to the DJ promotion year

We are not going to win the league, nor are we going to get the 2nd promotion spot. We need to quickly get over ourselves and accept that because there are much better prepared sides for that eventuality, we saw one yesterday and one first game in. If we can remain patient and let the team gel we will hopefully pick up enough points to be "in the mix" and hopefully peak at the right time. That for me is our best hope.

S

Suffolkwolf

Essex - I agree with what a lot of what your saying and I have very similar concerns

RichWolf - Not your finest hour. Pretty chidish post I'm afraid. Isn't it back to school this week?

waggys left foot

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Will be happy to make the playoffs - but at this stage you couldnt pick the three to go up - this division is ultra competitive - i could see noone getting 80 points and maybe ten teams being in with a shout come easter.

C

cooper_J

As long as we are mid table going into Christmas, we'll be in a great position to push on.

I honestly can't see our new players gelling so quickly unfortunately. That said, once they do we will really fire.

E

Essex Wolf

What is it with people accusing others of being doom and gloom merchants FFS?

I seem to recall posts being made when the fixtures first came out saying how Wolves should take anything between 7 to 9 points from the 1st three games and as I keep saying even the manager has said Wolves are behind their own target. Is Stale a doom merchant for speaking the truth?

B

bridgnorthwolf

To say any season is a "write-off" after four games shows the mentality of some people. People like that really should not be commenting as they haven't got a clue.

Look at last seasons Champions, Reading. They had a poor start to the season and where nowhere for months. Then they went on a good run and spent most of the season around the play-offs and people were quite surprised to be fair. Then they kicked on even more and suddenly out of nowhere really they ended up top of the league and stayed there. All season all the talk was about Southampton and West Ham and they slipped right under the radar until the last month or so of the season.

When we got promoted under DJ we were a fair distance into the season and never really got going at all. We were down in 16th/17th/18th/19th for weeks and everyone was badly suffering from the headache caused by the previous season's collapse, then we beat Newcastle in the FA Cup and started playing again, crept up the table then still had time to start slipping again and playing badly and looked like we were plodding along towards a mid-table finish until we beat Gillingham 6-0, then we were flying again, finished in the play-offs and went up.

I always said that on paper we'd have the best or at least one of the top two teams in the league, but the first few months would be difficult and we just needed to grind out some results and pick up as many points as we could before we really started to come good as a team.

I was a huge Mick fan, but at the end his tactics just hit a brick wall and the whole feel of the team was just stale. We needed a dramatic change of direction to enable us to get past the bottom end Premier League club which seemed our very limit with the way we were.

Face facts, most people wanted us to play a brand of football which was easier on the eye than what Mick's had become. Most people wanted us to bring in people with a greater knowledge of the overseas game so we could sign some exciting new players far cheaper than we could over here so we could compete against some bigger clubs. But buying a vast number of new players AND having to introduce new ideas to the existing players who had become comfortable in the old system was never going to happen overnight.

We WILL come good, we have some great new players and some of the old ones are still good players although some need their confidence back.

I think we will make a good fist of it this season, but if it takes longer then fine. I badly want to get back to the Premier League. I don't want to be watching Championship football, BUT I'd rather spend two seasons in the Championship building a team that is better prepared to kick on past where we got stuck in the Premier League last time round.

I also find it funny that so many people were saying how much they hated the Premier League and couldn't wait to get back to the Championship and yet many of them are the ones who moan at the first signs that we may not make an immediate return to the Premier League...

R

Redditch Wolves

I think the International Break has come at the right time as it allows Stale to access everything and for players such as Foley, Boukari, Henry & Siguardson to shake off the injuries.

Anyone have a list on which players will be away on International Break?

Moira Stewart

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I said at the beginning of the season 17th, and I've seen nothing so far that I didn't expect so I'll stick with that. Things will get worse before they get better.

astraltrader

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I dont think that any logical poster would totally write off the season after only 4 games but I do think that not enough has been done to provide the team with a defence good enough to mount a serious promotion campaign as things stand. Our best hope IMHO is for the team to achieve a good enough position by January to allow us to add a couple of quality defenders which hopefully will find us not too far away to then make up the gap we need to catch the top teams.

just my own view.

Last edited by a moderator:

Freeport wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
It is too early to say how this season will end up. I did feel really deflated after the Cardiff result but things can change quickly. Back in 1966-7 we lost the first two games and I didn't think we would get promotion. However, we finished 2nd to Coventry and got promoted. I am not saying that will happen this time but have learned not to jump to early conclusions.
1966/7 P 4 W 1 D 1 L 2 F 6 A 6 Pts 4
2012/3 P 4 W 1 D 1 L 2 F 5 A 6 Pts 4

B

bridgnorthwolf

In 1966 you only got two points for a win didn't you?

C

cooper_J

Personally, I find it crazy that terms like 'must win' are being banded around already.

It's a marathon, not a sprint. Given, we've tripped over our laces so far and grazed our knees but there's a long road ahead.

RosehillWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think we will be relegated, it's a shambles and the Manager won't be given the time he needs

R

Redditch Wolves

I think we will be relegated, it's a shambles and the Manager won't be given the time he needs

That doesn't make any sense at all.

So we are a shambles and we will be relegated but then you go on to say the manager won't be given the time he needs? So bascially it will be acceptable to get relegated in to League 1 for him then to take us back up?

If we were some tin pot outfit that had just got promoted from League 1 with about as much resource than a family living in Ethopia then I could understand.

We will not get relegated far from it but things do need to improve and I think they will.

R

reanswolf

Altho classified by many as a pessimist, critic or doom monger, from the outset of the "temporary" appointment last season by Morgan and Moxey, I said that decision would directly affect this season as a new manager appointed pre season would not have had time to properly assess weaknesses to address.

And so it pans out that that is exactly the case - Stale has com ein and had to assess from a pack of DVD's, there is nothing like seeing football live to assess things. From themoment morgan and Moxey made that decision to appoint temporarily, this season was all but written off in my eyes. And to sell 3 key players at such a late stage, has strenghtened us financially but added massively to his woes. Chaos reigns, most (not all) of it is self inflicted.

I fear we will haveto go to the pits of despair before we start to pcik up again. And thsi may mean 10 years or more at thsi level, as it did previously. Once you have signalled your strategic weaknesses to the rest of the footballing world (as we have), it is very very hard to attract quality. Even if the money is available.

We so badly need footballing people at our club, who think one step ahead regards football, alongside the financially tough businessmen who currently run our club with such naivety in terms of football. Thank goodness for them, or sadly for Wolves, we have so many fans who cannot see the damage they inflict on the most important thing - the football itself.

T

TREASURE WOLF

we know what this league is like, its not always those racing from the blocks that gain promotion. i think if you take into account the upheaval of a new manager, better players leaving and a new set coming in then things are going to take time, those thinking we'd be top with 12 points maybe slightly gold tinted in their views but you got to aim for the top!!
id say play offs is a reasonable achievement as i dont see better quality teams out there yet, lets see where we are after 12 games and re-evaluate, im hoping a couple of loans or bosmans can be made to aid the defence.
i think the new foreign lads have started a lot better than those who have remained at the club, is it an option for sako to be a striker as i think he'd do a lot more damage than seb.

Back
Top Bottom