Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

So after 4 league games.................

Where will Wolves ewnd this season

• Automatic promotion

Votes: 5 4.7%
  • Play off place

Votes: 37 34.6%
  • Below 6th place but above mid table

Votes: 43 40.2%
  • Below mid table but safe

Votes: 18 16.8%
  • Drop zone

Votes: 4 3.7%

• Total voters
J

johnybig32

Why isnt champions an option?

Bolton were predicted to do well, we are above them.

The Foxes, also predicted to do well have hardly started well and set the world on fire.

It is a long season with lots of things to change and improve.

And it will.

You telling me the likes of Sako, Boukari and DOumbia aren't head and shoulders above most in this league?

Chungster

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Altho classified by many as a pessimist, critic or doom monger, from the outset of the "temporary" appointment last season by Morgan and Moxey, I said that decision would directly affect this season as a new manager appointed pre season would not have had time to properly assess weaknesses to address.

And so it pans out that that is exactly the case - Stale has com ein and had to assess from a pack of DVD's, there is nothing like seeing football live to assess things. From themoment morgan and Moxey made that decision to appoint temporarily, this season was all but written off in my eyes. And to sell 3 key players at such a late stage, has strenghtened us financially but added massively to his woes. Chaos reigns, most (not all) of it is self inflicted.

I fear we will haveto go to the pits of despair before we start to pcik up again. And thsi may mean 10 years or more at thsi level, as it did previously. Once you have signalled your strategic weaknesses to the rest of the footballing world (as we have), it is very very hard to attract quality. Even if the money is available.

We so badly need footballing people at our club, who think one step ahead regards football, alongside the financially tough businessmen who currently run our club with such naivety in terms of football. Thank goodness for them, or sadly for Wolves, we have so many fans who cannot see the damage they inflict on the most important thing - the football itself.

"Chaos", "Pits of despair", "10 years at this level"....

The TC decision was a baddun and the fall-out always likely to be trenchant but to suggest that we've suddenly become the lepers of the Football League because our top brass ****ed up is a touch over the top.

We're already attracting decent quality players to the Club. A couple more in January and a bit of patience and things could looked very different.

My biggest worry for the genuine long term is our persistence in dodging the DOF issue.

O

OCD Wolf

I think it will take until Christmas to shake off the hangover of last season and for a new dawn to filter through. We need to get rid of some baggage that will hold us back (I mean Terry Connor - a constant reminder to all around the club as to the capitulation last year)

I have every faith in the Staale revolution but with the ghost of the old guard hanging around it will hold us back.

We won't move forward until Connor's gone I'm afraid.

astraltrader

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
DOF issue??

Last edited by a moderator:
E

Essex Wolf

I think it will take until Christmas to shake off the hangover of last season and for a new dawn to filter through. We need to get rid of some baggage that will hold us back (I mean Terry Connor - a constant reminder to all around the club as to the capitulation last year)

I have every faith in the Staale revolution but with the ghost of the old guard hanging around it will hold us back.

We won't move forward until Connor's gone I'm afraid.

Could not agree more. Connor is a constant reminder of all that was so so wrong last season.

His tactics, team selections, formations and pre and post match interviews were nothing short of either disastrous and in some case that as well as farcical.

I am amazed how on earth the man has somehow managed (something he failed at football wise) to retain any sort of position at the club and his records as manager for 13 games must average amongst the worst ever as a Wolves manager at any period I can recall.

O

OCD Wolf

Terry Connor provides 'continuity'
Unfortunately, it's exactly the sort of 'continuity' we don't want...

Japan Wulf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Without wishing to sound facetious I think you shouls have had a "too early to say" option. Based solely on the performances so far we will quite evidently end up exactly where we are now. Will we improve? Well, probably. By how much? Who knows. Will the team gell? Yes, but how long will it take? I don't know. Will we get a couple of decent loanees? Who knows? Will the team adapt to a new stlye of play? Yes, probably, but again, how long will it take? I don't know that either. A new regime. A new team, both in playing staff and management. It's just too early to say.

Hoganstolemywife

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Give 'em 12 games then we'll have a decent chance to judge. As we found out to our detriment last season, the opening few games of the season mean precious little in themselves. Still think we'll improve dramatically once we actually have a preferred XI to field.

E

Essex Wolf

Without wishing to sound facetious I think you shouls have had a "too early to say" option. Based solely on the performances so far we will quite evidently end up exactly where we are now. Will we improve? Well, probably. By how much? Who knows. Will the team gell? Yes, but how long will it take? I don't know. Will we get a couple of decent loanees? Who knows? Will the team adapt to a new stlye of play? Yes, probably, but again, how long will it take? I don't know that either. A new regime. A new team, both in playing staff and management. It's just too early to say.

JW, there are only 8 questions available and I could have asked lots more and break the league down even further but these 5 seemed to pretty much cover the main gist of what I was asking.

Further more the original question does say about it being 4 games and what did people think.

Japan Wulf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
JW, there are only 8 questions available and I could have asked lots more and break the league down even further but these 5 seemed to pretty much cover the main gist of what I was asking.

Further more the original question does say about it being 4 games and what did people think.

Fair point, mate. So.... I guess we're buggered ;)

E

Essex Wolf

Has he really said that?
If so what a great confidence building inspiring statement.

I hope he hasn't.

Japan, not just yet:D

BBW, that pointless you made a comment on it, doh:rolleyes:

Thread posted to guage peoples views at early stage of the season. I'm sure if Wolves were sitting top of the league on 12 points someone would have asked could they keep it going and if they were bottom on zero the question would be are Wolves going to be relegated?

And here was me thinking a forum was to discuss, debate and argue issues:confused:

R

reanswolf

"Chaos", "Pits of despair", "10 years at this level"....

The TC decision was a baddun and the fall-out always likely to be trenchant but to suggest that we've suddenly become the lepers of the Football League because our top brass ****ed up is a touch over the top.

We're already attracting decent quality players to the Club. A couple more in January and a bit of patience and things could looked very different.

My biggest worry for the genuine long term is our persistence in dodging the DOF issue.

It may be a tad alarmist, but i am afraid supporting Wolves has made me fear the worst. I truly hope that scenario isnt what pans out. No we are not Pompey or West Ham, but I do believe the policy of the two M's has adversely affected us considerably.

I find the DoF issue interesting, though I just feel its more about decision making and forward thinking than that, that is damaging us. There seems to be no actual plan, just blundering from one decision to the next.

B

BigBadWolfie

I hope he hasn't.

Japan, not just yet:D

BBW, that pointless you made a comment on it, doh:rolleyes:

Thread posted to guage peoples views at early stage of the season. I'm sure if Wolves were sitting top of the league on 12 points someone would have asked could they keep it going and if they were bottom on zero the question would be are Wolves going to be relegated?

And here was me thinking a forum was to discuss, debate and argue issues:confused:

It is!

Just expressing my view that it is pointless to debate after 4 games, that's all ... just my opinion ... enjoy the debate ;)

E

Edgmond Wolf

This is a season of rebuilding the team, the way we play and confidence

It will have its ups and downs BUT we need to be patient it will not change overnight

E

Essex Wolf

It is!

Just expressing my view that it is pointless to debate after 4 games, that's all ... just my opinion ... enjoy the debate ;)

Then maybe we will have to debate matters after say 10 or 12 games but depending how things have gone BBW the debate could get worse.

There is nothing worse than a bad mass debate.;)

Back
Top Bottom