Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Sky Soccer saturday

Tipton Wolves

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I don't pay attention to them at all. Retired footballers mostly make the worst commentators and pundits. People that have never played make much better ones because they havent got a certain way of playing drilled into their mindset and can see things differently. Glen Johnsons opinions are void.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I don't pay attention to them at all. Retired footballers mostly make the worst commentators and pundits. People that have never played make much better ones because they havent got a certain way of playing drilled into their mindset and can see things differently. Glen Johnsons opinions are void.

Johnson clearly is another that doesnt like us. He has slagged us off a few times when he has been on the show before. He of course would never have done this to an old pal like Frank when he was at Chelsea or other players in his old boys network.

Mutchy

Administrator
Reaction score
The usual slag Wolves off by the so called pundits on Soccer Saturday today. This time Glen Johnson sticking the boot in. He claims he is only slightly interested in watching us when Neto is on the ball and claims Traore does nothing and teams may as well just let him have the ball as he does nothing.
The panel of course spent 5 minutes discussing poor old Newcastle and then gave Johnson a 30 second long part to slag us off.
They dont even hide on that show how much they dislike us. They couldnt of course be ***** to mention Jimenez's remarkable recovery as that wouldnt fit the narrative on this **** show of slagging us off every week.
Of course they spent 5 minutes gushing over Bielsa and Leeds and how he is going nowhere and they will keep all their players. Funny that they always think we will lose all of ours.
Found the Johnson comments about Traore totally disrespectful. To be honest if anyone at the club is reading this I would show Adama and the rest of the players his disrespectful comments about us before the game tonight. The were OTT and poor.
Not watching it is a great way to avoid the irritation.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not watching it is a great way to avoid the irritation.

True but I happened to have it on and couldnt believe how disrespectful he was towards us and Adama. I recommend to watch it as it is really quite staggering how an ex pro can show so much disrespect to a fellow pro. I couldnt believe what I was hearing. It was said with such bile as well.

Bognor_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Awful show now use to watch it every weekend don't put it on anymore BT Sport's version is so much better!

The comments from them and Redknapp against Silva was out of order to dig out an 18 year old like that and again stupid comments from Johnson...

Also looking at what happened to Leicester in the week I really don't think we get the credit we deserve for our Europa run to the quarter finals and how many games we played could you imagine the reaction if Leeds done we what we did?!

NottsWolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Just wait til one of the ‘big six’ is rumoured to be interested in one of our squad, they'll suddenly be the best thing since sliced bread.

A few months ago they were all over Southampton, they just go with whoever is flavour of the month.

Let them get on with it, I’m not really interested in Glen Johnson’s opinion. And as for Tim Sherwood discussing what managers should and shouldn’t be doing is quite frankly laughable.

Black Country Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The usual slag Wolves off by the so called pundits on Soccer Saturday today. This time Glen Johnson sticking the boot in. He claims he is only slightly interested in watching us when Neto is on the ball and claims Traore does nothing and teams may as well just let him have the ball as he does nothing.
The panel of course spent 5 minutes discussing poor old Newcastle and then gave Johnson a 30 second long part to slag us off.
They dont even hide on that show how much they dislike us. They couldnt of course be ***** to mention Jimenez's remarkable recovery as that wouldnt fit the narrative on this **** show of slagging us off every week.
Of course they spent 5 minutes gushing over Bielsa and Leeds and how he is going nowhere and they will keep all their players. Funny that they always think we will lose all of ours.
Found the Johnson comments about Traore totally disrespectful. To be honest if anyone at the club is reading this I would show Adama and the rest of the players his disrespectful comments about us before the game tonight. The were OTT and poor.
Tbf JOS a lot of what has been said has been said on here too

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Awful show now use to watch it every weekend don't put it on anymore BT Sport's version is so much better!

The comments from them and Redknapp against Silva was out of order to dig out an 18 year old like that and again stupid comments from Johnson...

Also looking at what happened to Leicester in the week I really don't think we get the credit we deserve for our Europa run to the quarter finals and how many games we played could you imagine the reaction if Leeds done we what we did?!

Really couldnt believe such disrespect from Johnson to Adama in his comments. You would think he hated him the way he was saying it. Found it really really poor to be honest and lacking in class and respect to a pro from an ex pro. There was no need for him to say it like that.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Just wait til one of the ‘big six’ is rumoured to be interested in one of our squad, they'll suddenly be the best thing since sliced bread.

A few months ago they were all over Southampton, they just go with whoever is flavour of the month.

Let them get on with it, I’m not really interested in Glen Johnson’s opinion. And as for Tim Sherwood discussing what managers should and shouldn’t be doing is quite frankly laughable.

You can discount Leeds from this. They could lose 100-0 and this lot would still be ****ing their pants in excitement over them. As for Sherwood he is another that seems to enjoy slagging some teams off. Wouldnt have that ****er managing a park side.

Hot Fuss

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
So he’s said what loads on here have been saying then?
Some folk are just desperate to be offended/upset/angry.

Wolfion

Reaction score
I don't actually think the comments were that far off the mark.

Suggesting unless we score a worldie then we will struggle to score. Which is correct.

Also correct on Traore, who has contributed the best part of bugger all this season. Apart from the last match where he was unlucky to score.
That said it isn't all his fault, he is obviously missing Raul to make use of his crosses.

Black Country Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not by me on Adama. Very poor and disrespectful comments by an ex pro to a current pro in my opinion.
Totally agree,but theres several said similar on here too,and how we should offload him at the first opportunity
We were the media darlings 2 seasons ago,and they just go with the flavour of the month,if Brentford come up it will be them next season i guess
Quite why there seemed a definite edge to his comments im not sure,and it was indeed poor from him

SA Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Didn't see the Sky Soccer Saturday, but if Johnson has said that we aren't a good watch, he has a point that a lot on here were voicing at least until recently. Our football was poor during our winless run and only slightly better against Arsenal, Chelsea and Saints (first half). Let's face it, Johnson is as entitled to an opinion as any one else and the best way of ramming those words down his throat is later today at Newcastle.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
So he’s said what loads on here have been saying them?

I thought it was poor for an ex pro to be so disrespectful to a current pro. I would suggest that loads on here havent been slagging off Adam with quite such distain as Johnson just showed either. Why the need for the last line either? Just looks like you want to get a quick dig in by doing that.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Suggesting unless we score a worldie then we will struggle to score. Which is correct.

Also correct on Traore, who has contributed the best part of bugger all this season. Apart from the last match where he was unlucky to score.
That said it isn't all his fault, he is obviously missing Raul to make use of his crosses.

He may have had a bit of a point but it was the way it came across against Adama. It sounded really disrespectful and to me that is really poor coming from an ex pro to a current pro.
Apologies though if what I have been posting about Johnson has upset or narked anyone on here as it seems to have done that with some judging by the responses on this thread, in particular from one poster.

Hot Fuss

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I thought it was poor for an ex pro to be so disrespectful to a current pro. I would suggest that loads on here havent been slagging off Adam with quite such distain as Johnson just showed either. Why the need for the last line either? Just looks like you want to get a quick dig in by doing that.
Iv seen Adama described as “brainless” on here several times.

I did want to get a dig in, you’re right. You’re post was over sensitive and you seemed desperate to be be upset. Just my opinion of course.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Iv seen Adama described as “brainless” on here several times.

I did want to get a dig in, you’re right. You’re post was over sensitive and you seemed desperate to be be upset. Just my opinion of course.

Well done for getting your dig in then. If that has made you feel better then you should be proud of yourself. Your opinion is wrong by the way, in my opinion.

Fenrir_

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
So he’s said what loads on here have been saying then?
If you'd seen the way Johnson delivered his opinion you might have taken exception to it yourself

Hot Fuss

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
but could be likely, possibly,maybe but not flat out no.
Just found the clip on twitter. Thought it was fair enough in regards to this season. “Good footballers, lack legs in midfield, only really Neto gets me excited, Traore hasn’t done enough.”

The blokes entitled to an opinion, people crying that “sky clearly don’t like us” are just displaying the victim mentality that has been all over this forum for a couple of years now.

Fenrir_

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Just found the clip on twitter. Thought it was fair enough in regards to this season. “Good footballers, lack legs in midfield, only really Neto gets me excited, Traore hasn’t done enough.”

The blokes entitled to an opinion, people crying that “sky clearly don’t like us” are just displaying the victim mentality that has been all over this forum for a couple of years now.
If that's all you saw then you haven't seen it, it came after what you've quoted

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 7041

Any criticism by any of the media is interpreted by some on here as hate.
If they praise another club its seen as favouritism. If they dare to allocate more time to clubs with a bigger fan base and hence probably more viewers world wide its complete blasphemy. Lol

Big Saft Kid

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

If that's what they said (I mean the bit in quote marks) so what? I'd say that's fair comment for this season as a whole: we are good footballers, we do lack dynamism in the midfield, Neto is often the only really exciting player on view, and yes, Traore can be good, but he can be and often is, a lazy so and so. So what's the beef? They are saying what loads of supporters on here have said, time and time again.

Hot Fuss

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If that's what they said (I mean the bit in quote marks) so what? I'd say that's fair comment for this season as a whole: we are good footballers, we do lack dynamism in the midfield, Neto is often the only really exciting player on view, and yes, Traore can be good, but he can be and often is, a lazy so and so. So what's the beef? They are saying what loads of supporters on here have said, time and time again.
Have we just agreed on something? :)

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Yes, there's a bit of that going on - as well as the proverbial viewing through "gold tinted specs". We seemed to get enough praise to start with..when we were actually playing well, of course. Just perhaps these pundits are, like most of us, just telling it like they see it? No agenda's or anything - though of course they know best to keep on the right side of those with the power, within reason.

I can't argue that our style has become mostly dull to watch in the past year or so. Excuses can be made, but they don't make us entertaining all of a sudden. 1 shot on target in consecutive matches v Chorley(!) and Chelsea. And these were not exceptional, but typical of most of the past year. An improvement with 4 at the back, but that got abandoned in favour of grinding out results.

Other elements of the media and the public - not just ex-footballers who "just hate us" - had been increasingly saying the same. Neutrals used to like watching us. Now they don't. They say we are boring, park the bus. Perhaps would be better to listen rather than dismiss? Who cares?

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If they praise another club its seen as favouritism. If they dare to allocate more time to clubs with a bigger fan base and hence probably more viewers world wide its complete blasphemy. Lol

Thing is, if it isn't hate, it's those saying things about "Ruben Neves lethal shooting" (when he hadn't scored in over a year). Or how entertaining we are (when only Burnely & Sheff U have scored fewer). In other words, idiots who haven't a clue on how we've actually been playing for the last year. When you hear pundits say "Wolves show that a newly promoted team doesn't have to sit back, they can take the game to those Big 6 opponents" - which I have heard said - you have to wonder what planet they are on!

My guess - other than one or 2 cases (McManamanamanamn self confessed hates us) - it isn't "hate" at all, they are just saying what they are seeing. Which is not much, as they just don't watch us that much. Leeds are far more interesting to them. So be it.

SA Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Spot-on DD.

Golden_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I mean I'd find comments on here from some of our own more "disrespectful".

It's his opinion, **** it. Who cares. If sky or other pundits don't like us, **** them.

Plenty of pundits who like us & we had plenty of praise the 1st 2 seasons back. They'll come crawling back soon enough.

No point giving these sorts of things any airtime. It'll be someone else soon enough.

Fenrir_

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It's what Johnson came out with after the bit that's quoted. All aimed at Traore, can't remember it word for word but along the lines of "people keep saying how hard he is to play against, I don't see it, he does nothing, just let him have the ball, he doesn't do anything" and the manner in which it was said was disdainful in my opinion

SmokeyGB

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Bothered......yeah but no but yeah but Bothered......!
Who gives a ****? Let the media say what they want, some might say it's true (we are painfull to watch this season), Adama is not having the season of last season.

What we are only 2 points worse off this time last year and we are struggling, maybe other teams have improved (Hammers, Everton swap Sheff Utd for Leeds) I'm more than happy we are not going down, we're not spending £££ we don't have in fact I'd go to say we are better off as a whole lot of other clubs in this league.

D

Deleted member 11332

Good players adapt.

inaglasshouse

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
IThe usual slag Wolves off by the so called pundits on Soccer Saturday today. This time Glen Johnson sticking the boot in. He claims he is only slightly interested in watching us when Neto is on the ball and claims Traore does nothing and teams may as well just let him have the ball as he does nothing.
I thought the same, pathetic coverage, zero analysis of how we have achieved the recent turn round. I actually do think there is anti Wolves conspiracy. Something to do with the smart owners I suspect.
If we smash Newcastle tonight it will still be about them.

whitnash wolf ex.dewsbury

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

can`t comment on stelling and his mates as I no longer watch

forge

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
When asked about our lack of goals Merson said Jota was sold for a tea cup and then spending £35m on an untried kid, wow. when 'Arry was asked about the big spend he sniggered, said he could have a good guess why and also commented, who is his agent and smiled.
Do we really think Nuno had a say in it all, surely not, his judgement as an experienced football man wouldnt accept making such a decision.

Jota was not sold for a teacup lmao wtf

£41 million is not a small amount by any stretch

what ****s

I do agree with JOS about him not being properly replaced. I miss him :(

sedgwolf1980

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Glen Johnson is a prime example of positive discrimination in action. Best ignored.

On a wider point though, it’s pretty clear most these pundits haven’t got the foggiest about how our season has played out and why. They know 3 stats and that’s it:..
1. We sold Jota. Clearly we are selling club who are at the mercy of the big boys.
2. We overpaid for Silva. Clearly Jorge runs the show.
3. Jimenez is injured. Clearly we scored for fun before his injury.

Completely and utterly clueless. I look forward to shutting some of them up once normal service resumes next season.

Back
Top Bottom