Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Sky Soccer saturday

wallace

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
When asked about our lack of goals Merson said Jota was sold for a tea cup and then spending £35m on an untried kid, wow. when 'Arry was asked about the big spend he sniggered, said he could have a good guess why and also commented, who is his agent and smiled.
Do we really think Nuno had a say in it all, surely not, his judgement as an experienced football man wouldnt accept making such a decision.

Last edited:

Wolf316

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Merson said Jota was sold for a tea cup and then spending £35m on an untried kid, wow. when 'Arry was asked about the big spend he sniggered, said he could have a good guess why and also commented, who is his agent and smiled.
Do we really think Nuno had a say in it all, surely not, his judgement as an experienced football man wouldnt accept making such a decision.
Bit rich of that shady ****er Redknapp to make implications about a transfer deal!

MasWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I was just about to post something about this. I've just seen it, and I have to say I agree with everything both Merson and Redknapp said.

You'll notice all the negatives had nothing to do with Nuno (aside from the poor selection against S'ton) and everything with how the club is being ran in terms of transfers - which are my thoughts exactly.

Minimalist

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Funny that, coz at the time most pundits were saying Liverpool over paid for Jota and it was Doc who was sold cheap.

Baffles me why people can’t understand the Silva idea - we’re trying to buy a £70M player 2 years before he is worth that.
I wish we had paid similar for Dias or Felix 2 years ago.

It is , of course , a gamble and only time will tell if Silva was the right player to choose.

Guzeppi

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sleazy knows sleazy. Sometimes sleazy can get it right. Maybe.

Ernie the Wolf

Reaction score
Funny that, coz at the time most pundits were saying Liverpool over paid for Jota and it was Doc who was sold cheap.

Baffles me why people can’t understand the Silva idea - we’re trying to buy a £70M player 2 years before he is worth that.

It is , of course , a gamble and only time will tell if Silva was the right player to choose.
Thank god someone realises what the likely reasoning is behind our transfer strategy. Neto has progressed quicker but Silva will get there.

SuperGran

Off with her head!
Reaction score
Podence was bought to replace jota not silva
Those fools make it up as they go along

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
People jump to support an argument off a couple of ****ney wide boys who can't even gets there facts right..... Fabio silva isn't even represented by gestifute n Jorge mendes... They brokered the deal but fabio silva is represented by soccer talents vision headed by carlos olivera......

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
They were laughing and taking the **** out of us but some of what they say is correct if you think about it deep down. We hardly create anything in most games, most games only one shot on target, one shot on target against Chorley and from the outside to spend 35 million on a kid who had played just 3 games for Porto and scored one goal looks strange. If another club did this I would like to bet quite a few on here would be taking the **** as well. I dont like the Soccer Saturday panels but the harsh truth is that a lot of what was said on there today about us was true. Where are the goals? Where is the creativity? Neto is having to do a lot on his own.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Podence was bought to replace jota not silva
Those fools make it up as they go along

A different argument but to me Podence was never a replacement for Jota. Both very different players. We should still have replaced Jota with a player that could play off the shoulder like Jota used to do with Raul. We failed to do this in the summer as no one at the club can do this now in my opinion. It used to work a treat in some games as well. Another reason why we fail to score enough goals now as well in my opinion.

Sheffield Wolf

Reaction score

Felix wasn’t an instant success, but now is as good as any player in La Liga.

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
A different argument but to me Podence was never a replacement for Jota. Both very different players. We should still have replaced Jota with a player that could play off the shoulder like Jota used to do with Raul. We failed to do this in the summer as no one at the club can do this now in my opinion. It used to work a treat in some games as well. Another reason why we fail to score enough goals now as well in my opinion.
An in form jota yes... But jota was rubbish last season according to most on here...

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
When asked about our lack of goals Merson said Jota was sold for a tea cup and then spending £35m on an untried kid, wow. when 'Arry was asked about the big spend he sniggered, said he could have a good guess why and also commented, who is his agent and smiled.
Well one thing I can say for sure.....Merson wasn’t there at the negotiations.
So tell him to “go forth and multiply”.:mad:

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I thought the progress of Neto was the main reason we sold Jota, plus an incredible fee.
We don’t really know why Jota left.
Oh there’s rumours, there’s conjecture, etc. but we really don’t know the whole story.
Maybe we wanted to keep Jota.
Maybe Jota wanted to stay but...

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We don’t really know why Jota left.
Oh there’s rumours, there’s conjecture, etc. but we really don’t know the whole story.
Maybe we wanted to keep Jota.
Maybe Jota wanted to stay but...

I accept that once Liverpool came in it was hard to keep Jota. My big issue was he was never replaced properly. Podence nothing like the same sort of player nor is Silva. Once he went a player that could play off Raul was needed and we failed to get this said player in my opinion.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I accept that once Liverpool came in it was hard to keep Jota. My big issue was he was never replaced properly. Podence nothing like the same sort of player nor is Silva. Once he went a player that could play off Raul was needed and we failed to get this said player in my opinion.
Certainly if we were proposing to play the same pattern/style that is logical.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Certainly if we were proposing to play the same pattern/style that is logical.

To me we needed another attacking player whatever pattern we were going to use. We once again left ourselves short last summer in my opinion.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
To me we needed another attacking player whatever pattern we were going to use. We once again left ourselves short last summer in my opinion.
You might be correct. I was considering if any addition had to be a direct Jota replacement.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
You might be correct. I was considering if any addition had to be a direct Jota replacement.

In my opinion yes. A Jota style player would have given us more options to play a front two or use the Jota style signing in a 3.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
An addict and a wide boy giving advice on our strategy is comical,even if there are echoes of truth in some of what they say

Dont like either of them but a fair bit of what some of they were saying was true no matter how much it may hurt.

Stoichkov

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It's pathetic. How long ago were people saying that signing Neto was some sort of thanks to Mendes? To say Merson is clueless and Redknapp is dodgy would be generous.

really? I think they have a good point here.

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It will be interesting to see what does (or not), happen this summer transfer window. Whilst I agree with you on many transfer posts, I do feel that the suits at Compton are trying very hard, with the resources they have , to bring in new and better players.
I can never lose sight of our limited revenue and ffp rules. And posters have said that Wolverhampton is not a draw like London, Paris, Madrid etc. Ronaldo hated living in Manchester.
Our transfer team do try hard......we gotta appreciate that, right?

Black Country Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Dont like either of them but a fair bit of what some of they were saying was true no matter how much it may hurt.
Like i said,some truth in some of what they said,but the agent crap was just that crap,Mendez not even Silvas agent,plus it was an investment gamble on a highly rated youngster,which may yet pay off
Easy to pick out faults in hindisght,and my god we have plenty at the moment to chose from,but imo that was not the worst mistake by any means

TezzaWolf

Reaction score
We've all laughed at the Joelinton and Sebastien Haller prices and their goal returns and performances.

This is just other people doing the same to us, no harm done. If the kid does come good then they'll have to eat the words.

rincewind

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Well if anyone knows about dodgy transfer dealings Harry is your man.
This Mendes story is still doing the rounds after a few years then, even though we've sold just one of our 'Mendes stars' since Fosun took over.
If out strategy is to buy low and sell high the critics should be absolutely chuffed at how much Silva is going to be worth!;)

MasWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Felix wasn’t an instant success, but now is as good as any player in La Liga.
In his only season playing for the Benfica first team he scored 20 goals in 43 apps. Silva is not even on the same planet as that.

Back
Top Bottom