Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Sky Soccer saturday

MasWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
An addict and a wide boy giving advice on our strategy is comical,even if there are echoes of truth in some of what they say
They're talking from a football perspective, to call Merson out for being an addict is pretty disgusting on a personal level to be honest. As if that means his opinion isn't valid.

MasWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Because he has sky high potential

If he was 18 and ready to lead a Premier league front line he would have cost 100m+
Can you honestly say you've seen any of that sky high potential since he's played for us? I've tried to give him the benefit of the doubt numerous times and I really want him to succeed with us, but he looks distinctly average to me. Aside from a good penalty, I haven’t seen anything to make me believe he will be a world beater in a few years.

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not according to me and a few others. You always knew he would recover his loss of form
i agree with you . i was just pointing out that Jota was a scapegoat on here on numerous occasions last season. There was even a thread started feb last year titled 'Jota is just not cutting it'...….loss of form is part n parcel of football....

Wolf 82

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
A different argument but to me Podence was never a replacement for Jota. Both very different players. We should still have replaced Jota with a player that could play off the shoulder like Jota used to do with Raul. We failed to do this in the summer as no one at the club can do this now in my opinion. It used to work a treat in some games as well. Another reason why we fail to score enough goals now as well in my opinion.
I think Neto could potentially do this.. he will certainly need to add it to his game to become the player he wants to become. The top top teams expect goals from you if you play in a front 3.. far more than his current return.
I think this is the only thing Neto needs to add to his game.
Already a far better prospect than Jota for me.

those were the days

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I'm sure Arry thinks, rightly or wrongly, that part of the fee for Silva was a settling up of other business with Mendes and Porto. Arry is also a man who is familiar with all the tricks agents use to get around TPO.

My guess is he suspects we bought Neves, Boly and Jota for a combined bargainous fee of 30m and while we technically fully owned the players there was an unwritten verbal agreement with Mendes that he/others retained a stake that would be settled at some point, like ahead of one of them being sold perhaps.

Arry may well be wrong in his suspicions here and I'll take pelters for even posting this I'm sure but there's no smoke without fire (just do some reading into the disputes between Mendes and Sporting)

MasWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Does anyone on here think Silva will make a £70 million player ?
If you do please like this post .
By the time he's 28, it's possible that £70 million would be the going rate for an average striker in their prime. Perhaps he may be then.

Highlandwolf2

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Does anyone on here think Silva will make a £70 million player ?
If you do please like this post .
Absolutely not. We have had loads of young strikers over the years with more potential. Mendes gravy train has run off the rails.... mind you the one ticket sold so far cost£9M

Jack Russell

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
When asked about our lack of goals Merson said Jota was sold for a tea cup and then spending £35m on an untried kid, wow. when 'Arry was asked about the big spend he sniggered, said he could have a good guess why and also commented, who is his agent and smiled.
Do we really think Nuno had a say in it all, surely not, his judgement as an experienced football man wouldnt accept making such a decision.
Sounds like Redders is after a bit of publicity. His coverage has been a bit sparse of late. Must be a worry for him sliding down the exposure scale! :D

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sounds like Redders is after a bit of publicity. His coverage has been a bit sparse of late. Must be a worry for him sliding down the exposure scale! :D
Out publicised by his ex daughter in law who seems to have stories out every bloody day....

hollo

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Funny that, coz at the time most pundits were saying Liverpool over paid for Jota and it was Doc who was sold cheap.

Baffles me why people can’t understand the Silva idea - we’re trying to buy a £70M player 2 years before he is worth that.
I wish we had paid similar for Dias or Felix 2 years ago.

It is , of course , a gamble and only time will tell if Silva was the right player to choose.
10 million up to 20 million fine. You may just develop that player and sell for 40 million like jota.
But you have to be exceptional for a club to spend 35 million and hope to double the fee. It's far too risky. What attributes does silva have that make him a potential generational talent?
If porto are in financial trouble where is our discount on silva? Then they use our money and buy pepe from gremio.

Jeff Shi needs to come out and explain himself on silva and semedo and the inflated fees. With our connections 70 million should get us four high quality signings.

. I want uncle jorge to find us exceptional players for 10 million. We need to see the benefits of our unique relationship and we need jorge to get us loans with a view. Early on the signings were a lot cheaper with the exception of raul.
Boly 10 million
Otto 16 million
Jota 12.5 million
Patricio 16 million
Cavaleiro 7 million
Costa 13.5 million
Podence 17 million
Moutinho 5 million
Neves 15 million.

I would like us to get a new director of football. Someone from the continent with a good overview of european football. Then i would like us to capitalise on the collapse of french football to bring in some bargains with or without jorge.

Ches78

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Its annoying seeing the likes of Merson and Rednapp laughing at our expense. Trouble is I don't think we can really have too many complaints - the fee paid for Fabio does seem bonkers (when we would have been better off spending it on someone to provide real competition/backup to jimenez) and for the last X months the football we've played has been largely coma-inducing. We're fortunate to have points on the board, otherwise we would definitely be right in the relegation battle, as Harry says.

Last edited:

Minimalist

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
10 million up to 20 million fine. You may just develop that player and sell for 40 million like jota.
But you have to be exceptional for a club to spend 35 million and hope to double the fee. It's far too risky. What attributes does silva have that make him a potential generational talent?
If porto are in financial trouble where is our discount on silva? Then they use our money and buy pepe from gremio.

Jeff Shi needs to come out and explain himself on silva and semedo and the inflated fees. With our connections 70 million should get us four high quality signings.

. I want uncle jorge to find us exceptional players for 10 million. We need to see the benefits of our unique relationship and we need jorge to get us loans with a view. Early on the signings were a lot cheaper with the exception of raul.
Boly 10 million
Otto 16 million
Jota 12.5 million
Patricio 16 million
Cavaleiro 7 million
Costa 13.5 million
Podence 17 million
Moutinho 5 million
Neves 15 million.

I would like us to get a new director of football. Someone from the continent with a good overview of european football. Then i would like us to capitalise on the collapse of french football to bring in some bargains with or without jorge.
I do actually agree with you pretty much. Though my point is their decision to buy Silva will be judged well in the future, certainly not now.

Is that correct that they bought that Pepe?? What did they pay? He looked perfect for us.

Bob Wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Times like these that having a fan base to support him could really show us in a good light and do him the world of good. It’s easy to be support players and the team when they were doing well. I think it would be a really positive thing if the fans as a collective (a bit like the Raul banner) did something to say “don’t listen to the failures on tv - we believe in you”. Even if we do have doubts if he is / will be good enough.

hollo

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I do actually agree with you pretty much. Though my point is their decision to buy Silva will be judged well in the future, certainly not now.

Is that correct that they bought that Pepe?? What did they pay? He looked perfect for us.

WW1963

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Harry is not of any character that you would listen to anything coming out of his greedy, slobbering chops.

Merson looks increasingly like a Guy Ritchie extra. If he did say anything of merit, I wouldn't know because I can't take him seriously.

Alex Rae The Substitute

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If there were two pundits you’d not take anything seriously they say from it would probably be those too.

Merson too lazy to research the names of the players he’s talking about, and then Redknapp arguably the most corrupt manager of the 00’s.

We don’t need them to tell us how poor the Fabio Silva signing currently looks!

Wolf 82

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If there were two pundits you’d not take anything seriously they say from it would probably be those too.

Merson too lazy to research the names of the players he’s talking about, and then Redknapp arguably the most corrupt manager of the 00’s.

We don’t need them to tell us how poor the Fabio Silva signing currently looks!
Ooh.. a sting in the tail. Didn’t see it coming.

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
I was really hoping that Fabio would play in behind Jose in a 4231. I think he could do well there in Podence's absence.8 Although whether we'd be conceding 3 every game is another question.

WWFC4EVA

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I gave up on soccer Saturday when the regular pundits were replaced with Clinton morrison and ally mccoist ect I watch bt score now
Likewise mate, not a fan of the BT version either really but it's marginally more tolerable than Sky's efforts now!...and I'd add that Soccer Saturday has been an institution round my way for 25 years or more until now, used to meet all my mates in the pub beforehand on days when not at the match. We'd all pull up chairs around the big screen for the day and that we be us for the entirety of the day, night and usually the early hours of Sunday morning!!! Lol
It was made all the better by the fact we were all followers of various different clubs, from Wolves to Coventry, Spurs, United, Leeds, Leicester, Dippers, Villa, Blues......great banter and great times!!!

Last edited:

inaglasshouse

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Well Jeff Shi can shove it in their faces when our generational talent comes through and is worth double what we paid. We should build a gold plated statue for Uncle Jorge as well.

Last edited:

Lupus ad Penn

Groupie
Reaction score
When we start worrying about cheap jibes from two jokers on Sky it will be a sad day. We all know Silva isn’t ready for this level of football ,yet. He needed to get games in Portugal before we attempted to integrate him into our team.

We were lucky in our two previous seasons, because of Raul staying fit, but the club‘s potential back ups Cutrone, Afobe, and Bonatini were not trusted by Nuno and quickly discarded. The sale of Doherty and Jota have now compounded the problem.

We need to address the problems in the summer ( and it will be expensive) otherwise it will be another difficult season.

I think we will address the issues, and hopefully wipe the smiles of the likes of Redknapp and Merton. Time will tell.

yateleywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Read back what Shi said about the signing this morning.Eye opening i would call it .'Anybody within a few mins can see his talent.That he was already ready to play in the prem.''he's the type of player the fans will love '
My thoughts he may come good in his early 20's when he's bulked up.But now no where near

Antonline1987

Groupie
Reaction score
Likewise mate, not a fan of the BT version either really but it's marginally more tolerable than Sky's efforts now!...and I'd add that Soccer Saturday has been an institution round my way for 25 years or more until now, used to meet all my mates in the pub beforehand on days when not at the match. We'd all pull up chairs around the big screen for the day and that we be us for the entirety of the day, night and usually the early hours of Sunday morning!!! Lol
It was made all the better by the fact we were all followers of various different clubs, from Wolves to Coventry, Spurs, United, Leeds, Leicester, Dippers, Villa, Blues......great banter and great times!!!
I agree with you mate I used to love soccer Saturday and if I couldn't make a away game I would watch it for 6 straight hours when I was younger but now it's poor and I've been watching since the likes of rodney marsh and George best were on it. I agree bt score ain't much better I find the banter between the pundits more entertaining

Last edited:

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Some of what they were saying was correct yesterday but I will also say that Merson and Redknapp are a couple of huge ****wombles.

D

Deleted member 5340

Old ****ing Droopy eye is just hacked off that a large sum of dough is in a brown paper bag somewhere, and it's not destined for his dog's bank account.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Old ****ing Droopy eye is just hacked off that a large sum of dough is in a brown paper bag somewhere, and it's not destined for his dog's bank account.
Yup, Fat Sam has his nose back in the trough and 'Onest 'Arry doesn't....

we love jez moxey

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Absolutely agree 100% the most bogus signing in English football since Macherano and Teves.

For all the ones defending him and his purchase, please tell me one attribute that makes him worth anything more than £100k.
He's slow, he can't shoot, he's not great in the air, he's not strong, he doesn't hold the ball up......

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The usual slag Wolves off by the so called pundits on Soccer Saturday today. This time Glen Johnson sticking the boot in. He claims he is only slightly interested in watching us when Neto is on the ball and claims Traore does nothing and teams may as well just let him have the ball as he does nothing.
The panel of course spent 5 minutes discussing poor old Newcastle and then gave Johnson a 30 second long part to slag us off.
They dont even hide on that show how much they dislike us. They couldnt of course be ***** to mention Jimenez's remarkable recovery as that wouldnt fit the narrative on this **** show of slagging us off every week.
Of course they spent 5 minutes gushing over Bielsa and Leeds and how he is going nowhere and they will keep all their players. Funny that they always think we will lose all of ours.
Found the Johnson comments about Traore totally disrespectful. To be honest if anyone at the club is reading this I would show Adama and the rest of the players his disrespectful comments about us before the game tonight. The were OTT and poor.

Back
Top Bottom