Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

SIGNED: Matheus Cunha (Athletico Madrid)

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If we buy enough strikers who haven't scored for ages, the law of averages surely means one of them will come in and get loads of goals?
Tbh I haven't followed this story but there does seem to be a lot of enthusiasm for the guy on here?

hollo

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He needs to play off a target man.

WolfLing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Tbh I haven't followed this story but there does seem to be a lot of enthusiasm for the guy on here?

Probably because despite a hit and miss season so far this year, he's a much better pedigree than anything else we currently have.

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He needs to play off a target man.
Not sure on that. He holds the ball up well, he’s a decent size and has a great first touch. We’ve got an abundance of forwards to play off a target man, personally think he’s coming as the target man/central forward.

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
Probably because despite a hit and miss season so far this year, he's a much better pedigree than anything else we currently have.
To be fair, from what I can see he's played mostly as a 9 and has no goals (2 assists) in 17 games. That sounds more miss and miss to me, but I'll take Lopetegui's judgement.

hollo

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Detailed scout report that says he had a very good first half of the season for hertha berlin but tailed off in his second season (before he joined madrid).

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Bloody hell! 1 player completely knackered, 1 player likely knackered, 1 OAP and 1 champs level! We have to trust Lopetegui on this but this is the 1 position we MUST get right. If he's scored none in 17 in Spain this season I hope Lopetegui knows something that we don't?

theweave

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Bloody hell! 1 player completely knackered, 1 player likely knackered, 1 OAP and 1 champs level! We have to trust Lopetegui on this but this is the 1 position we MUST get right. If he's scored none in 17 in Spain this season I hope Lopetegui knows something that we don't?
He's only started 2 of those games and got an assist in 1 of his starts

Bill McCai

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Yep, maybe Lopetegui is a coach who has qualified for the Champions League in each of the last three seasons, won the Europa League and simply knows more about football than some numbskull on Molineux Mix.

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yep, maybe Lopetegui is a coach who has qualified for the Champions League in each of the last three seasons, won the Europa League and simply knows more about football than some numbskull on Molineux Mix.
A very constructive reply.

Black Country Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Detailed scout report that says he had a very good first half of the season for hertha berlin but tailed off in his second season (before he joined madrid).
Reading through that report it seems hes not an out and out striker but more a false 9 or even a 10
Like the fact hes a worker that presses and defends from the front and more than useful with assists
Doubt he will be the answer to our goals drought though but a more than useful addition

Dan G WWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Reading the E&S it says he hasn't scored in 17 games this season?? Is he coming in as our new striker?!

If he's our answer to scoring goals then we're going down. But he's a good player.

2 goals in 25 for Red bull Lepzig

Best spell was at Heartha, 12 goals in 39 games.

6 in 40 in Spain now.

Bob Wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
That’s outrageous!!!

SmiffyWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He will look good on the team sheet but so did Fabio Silva . Seriously need that striker still with him one side . Otherwise we are toast

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It always amazes me how little research people do when they spout statistics like “no goals in 17 games”.

He’s played the equivalent of four games this season…
That’s why it’s never worth looking at the goals per game stats but the goals per minute instead. Bit like Rauls record prior to joining looked something like a goal every 6 games but it was actually a goal every 180 mins which is obviously a goal every other game.

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Reading through that report it seems hes not an out and out striker but more a false 9 or even a 10
Like the fact hes a worker that presses and defends from the front and more than useful with assists
Doubt he will be the answer to our goals drought though but a more than useful addition
So who is going to score the goals?

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It always amazes me how little research people do when they spout statistics like “no goals in 17 games”.

He’s played the equivalent of four games this season…
I don't know if that was a dig at me but I suggest you have a read of DanG's post above yours.

GoldenHorseshoe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Which numbskull do you have in mind William?:oops:

oldgoldheart

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Heresy! Surely you know this forum has contributions from experienced and learned football scholars?

Mugwump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Cunha isn't a traditional striker he's more in the Firmino mode than anything else. I would hope his role will get more out of the wide players if anything

Thats a good comparison really, but i think he is a bit more mobile than Firmino and is more than comfortable out wide as well.

Black Country Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
So who is going to score the goals?
I have no idea lol,ask JL
We have players capable of scoring with Raul,Costa,Guedes, Hwang but none have done so so far for a variety of reasons
Perhaps having a few fully fit will help idk,otherwise we need someone in who can

Back
Top Bottom