Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

SIGNED: Matheus Cunha (Athletico Madrid)

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Outrageous that this wasn’t given let alone play to continue with 2 men down

5 mins later they smashed into sarabia 2 seconds late too

Some are saying Oliver was good last night. He was in the first half but what was he doing in the second half? Palhinha and others had stone all yellow cards that were not given. I thought the ref was very poor second half.

Chriswwfc

Reaction score
Absolutely ****ing pathetic. How can you go through a player, sprain his ankle to the effect he can’t walk off the pitch and no yellow card.

Yet one of ours runs over to the ref pulling his shirt to signal he’d been fouled and he gets sent off.

Boils my ****ing ****.

Cousins78

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It was'nt a foul on cunha he got the ball before unfortunately catching his ankle with the follow through, what annoyed me was the sportsmanship carrying on when we had 9 men when we put the ball out for Harrison Reed in the first half. Fingers crossed for Cunha but it didn't look good

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
It was'nt a foul on cunha he got the ball before unfortunately catching his ankle with the follow through, what annoyed me was the sportsmanship carrying on when we had 9 men when we put the ball out for Harrison Reed in the first half. Fingers crossed for Cunha but it didn't look good
I'm not at all sure he got the ball first, however even if he did we don't live in that world any more. If you're endangering an opponent (which I think he unarguably did given Cunha was stretchered off) then it's a foul, ball first or not.

ewarwoowar

Reaction score
correct and if you watch it back he actually rolled back onto the pitch,the injury occurred when he landed out of play,that really annoys me because the officials let it happen

ewarwoowar

Reaction score
Won't see Cunha for a while then.
i hope i am way off the mark but said last night that`s his season over.unfortunately Cunha and every other striker we have looks so low on confidence it is untrue,look at the opportunity he had running in to their box almost one on one with the defender,he looked clueless or as i say lacking confidence but did`nt look like a natural striker.anyway return soon please Cunha we do need any help we can get there is a player in there somewhere

lostwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
correct and if you watch it back he actually rolled back onto the pitch,the injury occurred when he landed out of play,that really annoys me because the officials let it happen
Raul did that in front of the South Bank last season. He actually had about two metres to crawl!

Oh When the Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It doesn't help refs that 'simulation' is so commonplace. Cunha didn't help his cause by going on like he'd had his achilles severed with a carpet knife earlier on. He was the boy who cried wolf last night.
Could all be eradicated if the refs had some *******s and penalised cheats

Quite how reed wasn’t booked for getting up and falling down again onto the pitch was a disgrace

Wednesbury Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
i hope i am way off the mark but said last night that`s his season over.unfortunately Cunha and every other striker we have looks so low on confidence it is untrue,look at the opportunity he had running in to their box almost one on one with the defender,he looked clueless or as i say lacking confidence but did`nt look like a natural striker.anyway return soon please Cunha we do need any help we can get there is a player in there somewhere
I imagine Costa, Jimenez and even Cunha (if he returns this season) will be transformed with a goal but we've been saying that since August. I think there is a footballer In Cunha and if he is out for some time it will be shame as last night he did look quite good.

Dan G WWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I thought him and Raul, didn't play great, but together, they worked really hard and helped us get high up the pitch. Raul looked lost without Cunha as Cunha has looked upfront on his own.

I'd think about playing Raul upfront with Costa while Cunha is out. Maybe have Raul being the slightly deeper guy

ewarwoowar

Reaction score
I imagine Costa, Jimenez and even Cunha (if he returns this season) will be transformed with a goal but we've been saying that since August. I think there is a footballer In Cunha and if he is out for some time it will be shame as last night he did look quite good.
i know it is a recurring question but none of our players are bad players,so why don`t they score?it`s a mystery,watch them in the warm up and they all hit some excellent finishes

ewarwoowar

Reaction score
It doesn't matter if he got the ball first any more, it was dangerous play....its a foul and probably a yellow.
yes remember boly vs man city and batth vs bristol city both clearly won the ball,these decisions still annoy me when you see what gets overlooked

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I thought him and Raul, didn't play great, but together, they worked really hard and helped us get high up the pitch. Raul looked lost without Cunha as Cunha has looked upfront on his own.

I'd think about playing Raul upfront with Costa while Cunha is out. Maybe have Raul being the slightly deeper guy
I think you’re right with this. As it stands, every player who can play as a CF needs somebody alongside him. We don’t have a player who can lead the line on his own currently, for various reasons for each individual.

Dan G WWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think you’re right with this. As it stands, every player who can play as a CF needs somebody alongside him. We don’t have a player who can lead the line on his own currently, for various reasons for each individual.

I'm hoping Neto can come back soon and play upfront in a two soon. Like he did against Chelsea last season before going down injured.

I like the 442 we have going on with Nunes and Sarabia outwide working hard and coming inside, Lemina and Neves as our two CMs and our fullbacks pushing high up the pitch.

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Would be a possibility until either Cunha, Hwang or Neto returns. Raul did a lot of work on Friday night holding up the ball and linking with forwards, but he’s still missing his killer instinct in front of goal. Despite not having his shooting boots, he can still play a useful part of a forward line. Costa complements him to a degree, being less mobile but still able to get himself into shooting positions. Could also consider using Adama as a more out and out striker depending on the opposition. He has the pace, physicality and desire to shoot, but lacks ability in the air and I’m not sure he’s great at maintaining a good onside starting position in a packed defence.

R

reanswolf

This is my worry about Gomes. he is our version of Palhinha, old-fashioned but honest tackler generally, but as someone has said , you can't tackle if you are going to go through teh opposing player as well.

groundhogwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
This is my worry about Gomes. he is our version of Palhinha, old-fashioned but honest tackler generally, but as someone has said , you can't tackle if you are going to go through teh opposing player as well.
He will be okay just needs to change his name to Palihinha

Back
Top Bottom