Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Sheffield Utd verdict

Streathamwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I respect that you feel that way, but this is elite sport and the reason the player was down does matter!

He faked injury! Why reward that!

So if a guy is down because he had a boot fall off we should kick the ball out and stop?
He didn't fake, he was already down! Then the keeper attempted to kick the ball out. Their player was already down, they had the ball and they were losing.

Streathamwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I respect that you feel that way, but this is elite sport and the reason the player was down does matter!

He faked injury! Why reward that!

So if a guy is down because he had a boot fall off we should kick the ball out and stop?
Why would he fake an injury when they were losing and had the ball? Your argument is nonsensical. Whether you play to the whistle or not is a separate argument but he wasn't faking, there was no reason to at that point.

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The keeper was deliberately kicking the ball out of play only he didn’t kick it hard enough. If the ball had gone out as intended then it would be a non issue.
Sarabia did the sporting thing and finished what the keeper started.

What’s more important, imo, is how badly different we Wolves were in the second half. Will we switch off again vs Brighton?

Bawtry Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The keeper was deliberately kicking the ball out of play only he didn’t kick it hard enough. If the ball had gone out as intended then it would be a non issue.
Sarabia did the sporting thing and finished what the keeper started.

What’s more important, imo, is how badly different we Wolves were in the second half. Will we switch off again vs Brighton?
Could have had a Dave Beasant Michael Branch situation all over again

Flea

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I don´t know what happened second half.
I don´t think GON knows either.
They gonna have to ask the players what happened,,because they were indeed on the pitch playiing..or something.
It´s on the players,that second half performance..and they will have to provide the answers for it.

It was absolutely horriible to watch.Only thing that saved the three points was that Blades was absolute dirt poor in taking advantage.

First half was okay..nothing more.

Two attempts on goal against Blades at Moliineux season 23/24 is not okay by any measurement..and the second one was in stoppage time..a lame effort by Joao.

We had too much time on the ball?
When did that become a thing of disadvantage?

It simply must be a mental thing.

Three points and move on?
Nah,there is definetly things that needs correction when playing a match like Blades at home.
We all feared it beforehand as well,as we have seen it so many times allready..but that no show second half was something else.
It was scary to watch.

Motm..probably Sarabia for me..or perhaps Daws.

We will most probably play alot better against Brighton..that´s not the issue though.

Bill S Preston Esq.

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Did you not think Ahmedhodzic had a good game?

If you're playing with 8 men behind the ball, it's the job of our team to break them down. They aren't obliged to play attractive football for our benefit.

If you can criticise them for anything it's their awful end product, but for a poor team quality wise they stayed in the game well, defended well and a couple of their players showed promise.
Christ on a bike, I can't deny some of their players had a decent game (I thought Larouci looked okay) but advocating the signing of defenders on course to concede 100 goals in a season doesn't seem wise.

Another poster suggested signing the goal machine Rhian Brewster lol.

Dorbelflunk

Reaction score
Christ on a bike, I can't deny some of their players had a decent game (I thought Larouci looked okay) but advocating the signing of defenders on course to concede 100 goals in a season doesn't seem wise.

Nowhere in my post did I mention signing any of them.

Flea

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Liked how Larouchi totally lost Pablo for our only decent effort on goal.

A3wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Wondered if part of the slow paced 2nd half was managing the legs for the schedule this week which could include one game going to extra time but doesn’t really make sense when players like Traore weren’t given any minutes. Really would have preferred GON to have given both Buenos, Doc, Doyle, Traore more mins in this match to leave the 1st choice’s fresher for the coming 2 games.

Bill S Preston Esq.

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Nowhere in my post did I mention signing any of them.
Maybe not, but your post was a immediately after someone @hollo that had.

Due to my understanding of how conversation normally works, I've got the wrong end of the stick.

If you read the thread as a conversation, then you'd see how easy a mistake that is to make.

Bill S Preston Esq.

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Liked how Larouchi totally lost Pablo for our only decent effort on goal.
In hindsight it was probably my highlight too.

Defending the six yard box isn't normally what I'm looking for in a wingback tbf.

Mark Rankines Lovechild

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Its funny how everyone sees things differently, both myself and my son thought Larouici was dreadful.

Mark Rankines Lovechild

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Wondered if part of the slow paced 2nd half was managing the legs for the schedule this week which could include one game going to extra time but doesn’t really make sense when players like Traore weren’t given any minutes. Really would have preferred GON to have given both Buenos, Doc, Doyle, Traore more mins in this match to leave the 1st choice’s fresher for the coming 2 games.

It was like the two teams reversed their play styles at half time. Sheffield Utd were incredibly passive first half then second half we were. I guess some of this was down to them getting a rocket off their manager half time and telling them to up their game.

Scallywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Its funny how everyone sees things differently, both myself and my son thought Larouici was dreadful.
He reminds me of Iwobi at Fulham.

Runs around like a headless chicken and does nothing.

Oh, I forgot, Iwobi scored the last minute winner against Yanited on Saturday, but he still runs around like a headless chicken!

Scallywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

I don’t think any of their players would get into Luton’s starting 11 or even quite a few Championship sides!

Brewster is their record signing at £20+million after signing from Liverpool reserves.

Seems ages ago and I don’t recall him scoring a goal for them.

Corporate Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It was like the two teams reversed their play styles at half time. Sheffield Utd were incredibly passive first half then second half we were. I guess some of this was down to them getting a rocket off their manager half time and telling them to up their game.
To that end, I'd love to know what GON said to his players because the majority of them were sleep walking in the 2nd half.

TheWolfFromWolverhampton

Reaction score
Thought we were alright, just could have gone for the 2 goal cushion and settled for the 1. Sheffield United had some clear cut chances, yet we dealt with them quickly. Think Sheffield United were pressing us, and making it difficult for us to get into the final third.

SquaddieWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sheff Utd clearly lack some quality, particularly going forward, but they deserved at least a point yesterday tbh. Thought we were very poor and miles off it for most of the game in all honesty. We can’t have offered up many worse halves of football than that second half this season?

Some of the misplaced passes, miscontrols and just hoofing the ball into the air were almost comedy at times. We looked so nervous throughout, and especially when the crowd started to get frustrated, but you could hardly really blame them tbqh? We are capable of, and should expect, much better really?

Thought Ahmedozovic and Mcatee looked quite decent for them. The latter in particular could be worth a look in the summer? Doesn’t have a great deal to work with at present and looks like he could be quite useful with some quality around him?

Thought Sarabia was 100% right to put the ball out for them too tbh
Maybe they did deserve a point, but they already had 2 more points against us that they deserved so that point they may have deserved puts them down to still having 1 more point than they deserved against us this season, so **** them

Polish Wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
We're playing 10 men with Doherty out there. Seriously out of his depth nowadays.

Back
Top Bottom