Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Sheffield Utd verdict

silverwolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Absolutely awful game. Sheff Utd can feel very hard done by not to get anything out of that game.

Moment of quality from Ait Nouri and Sarabia got us the points. One to forget but another 3 points closer to safety

OLDGOLD

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Well it's 3 points, and it is obvious that U ited would come out strong second half, but far to much one paced side to side Lage ball against a poor team. At 1 nil it only requires one goal from the opposition. Must do better.

Parkfieldswolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Grim but 3 points is a positive. Up to 8th and doing OK. Some days you will play well other times not so good but that’s football.

SA Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Won the game - no other positives to take from a match against a side that had conceded 10 in the last two matches. Ugly as ****.

jrpb-3

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We won, but a second half performance to forget.
Got the job done so up to 8th

Jamwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We shut up shop at half time. Ridiculous really.

clivewolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Thankfully it was Sheffield Utd we were playing and not a decent Premier League team. One of those matches where I think they mixed up the energy tablets with the sleeping pills. Yes the fans were getting anxious, but that was because the players were making them anxious.

Man of the Match I'll go for Sarabia.

djmikeydickens

Reaction score
We usually lose in games like that so nice to play poorly and win. Second half was awful. Zero energy and sloppy. The players will know that wasn't good. The tempo of the ball out from the back into midfield just invited pressure, so ponderous and we caused our own problems.

sedgwolf1980

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Second half easily the worst of the season, but this side have more than enough credit in the bank for us to be happy to take the 3 points and move on. No need for some huge postmortem.

Also, not excusing it, but Sheffield’s away results don’t contain the hammerings that they seem to get at home. Was always going to be relatively close.

Think the fact that we jumped up to 8th with a win and suddenly are genuinely European contenders actually played on the players minds too. That’s something GON has to solve, as it’s a big mindset change from where we have been so far under his tenure.

Only real gripe from me is that in games like the we really need to see more from Kilman, he is just so passive, really frustrates me.

All said and done though, 3 huge points and that league table looks quite simply incredible.

Let’s be pleased with the win and accept it as a relatively poor day at the office.

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Take the 3 points and go for the cup

Awful game but as others said it doesn’t matter we some how won

Kilman and Dawson very below par today. Thankfully Sa didn’t do much wrong. Man of the match Sarabia for the goal.

Big Mack

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Horrible.

What was Gary’s plan at half time. For all the good things this season we keep having performances like that. Usually after a win where the media are blowing smoke up Gary’s ****.

Have a pop if you like, but you know it’s fact.

Not sure what the answer is either, apart from today may have been trying to save our legs for Wednesday

WISAW

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Dog**** awful performance but a win, with which I can say think we're officially safe now, and with 12 games to spare! Anything from here onwards is an absolute bonus! Didn't think I'd ever say this after some of the early season showings but I hope no one comes in for GON, the likes of wet spam will no doubt be circling like vultures.

AndyY

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I thought we were decent in the first half and completely controlled things bars couple of counter attacks BUT the second half was absolutely garbage and we were lucky to get away with it. No energy, no creativity, no control, no idea. And those sorts of inconsistent performance is why the idea of European qualification is a joke.

Henry Hill

Reaction score
It's a learning curve as we are now transitioning from a team not expected to win, to one expected to win. Seen plenty of Man U and Liverpool 1-0 performances like that so we shouldn't beat ourselves up. GON just needs to work on developing the tactics when we get more possession as we did today

Kebab Warrior

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We need to sort out half time. Whatever we are doing / saying isn’t sending them out in the right frame of mind

Last edited:

wolvesaywe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Wasn't pretty and far too many individual mistakes but in terms of tempo we have 3 massive games in 6 days so they were never going into the red zone today unless it was called for

Last edited:

WISAW

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Kilman time and again, delayed passing the ball until opposition players were right on him then either hoofed it or played an awkward ball for someone else to deal with under pressure. Hopefully just a blip. I do think our players have a real issue preparing themselves against inferior opposition, no disrespect to SheffU.

Back
Top Bottom