Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Sheffield Utd verdict

Bryce

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I bet they wouldn’t have stopped for us…..

Sorry but we should have played on and scored.

It wasn’t a head injury, so for me, I hope the lads who stopped playing got a bolocking!!

They didn’t refuse their non penalty earlier in the season!!!!!! So sorry, their keeper stopped playing for no reason and we should have punished them! If you watch, their defenders **** themselves and ran back to the line.

So **** them!!! Make them pay!!!

What we did was so stupid! I doubt very few teams would have done it!

Also if we had drawn, I bet you wouldn’t be happy we passed up on an almost free pass for a goal.
Play to win but play fair . If they had scored they deserved it.
I stand by my feeling and think that shows we are better people for being sporting. Perhaps refs will have a change of view of us , you never know. Karma and all that .

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Play to win but play fair . If they had scored they deserved it.
I stand by my feeling and think that shows we are better people for being sporting. Perhaps refs will have a change of view of us , you never know. Karma and all that .

Wasnt a head injury or even a serious injury! He had cramp FFS!!! So it was pure gamesmanship!

Injured and leaves the pitch I agree, but there was zero wrong with him!!!!

They didn’t refuse the pen they knew wasn’t a pen…. So sorry, they didn’t deserve your sense of “fair play” we should have scored! We wouldn’t have had any issues or criticism from anyone in the media as it wasn’t even an injury let alone a serious one.

This is elite sport, not a school boy/sunday league match. You take all chances when on offer

Newcastle scored against us when Sa had an issue….

Sorry, i applaud your sense of “fair play” but I hope that illusion isn’t shattered when the same is repeated to us like it happened before!!!

Himleywolf

Reaction score
Must admit haven't read all posts so could have been mentioned before but if in the summer we still need a No 9 Rhian Brewster would be a good shout.

Bossworld

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The Everton 3-0 this seaso? However, those types of matches where we dominate the play and turn it into goals are the exception. Perhaps we need to remember that the gap between 8th and 18th is hardly anything in this league...and 19th and 20th not much more.

There was that Ronaldo quote where he said the difference between the Premier League and all the other top leagues, is that in the other leagues, when you are top and are off your best when playing the bottom club, you don't win by as many. But in the Premier League, if you are below par, that bottom club will beat you. (and George Elokobi would confirm that!)

In our case, we made the jump to this league primary be being a super high quality counter attacking team. Tried to move away from that and struggled. And now we're back to top form - but it's back to the countering tactic again. We are more flexible and not so predictable as under Nuno, though. Get forward more, but tend to get caught out by opponents counters much more.

Today was strange in that both Lemina and Gomes appeared to have decent games as individuals , but our midfield was often non existant. The number of times Sheff U had a player unmarked right in the centre, or a two against one, had me thinking something was wrong with Leminas and Gomes positioning.
Thank you, I left it with the question mark as I couldn't recall any others, but agree with the points you've made. In itself, we've not been a team to smack another by 4 or 5 (when half expecting to do so) with any great regularity for years.

The pair of Huddersfield defeats the other year being another example.

hollo

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Neto looked like he had lost a yard of pace but it was really an off day for him. I was convinced he was going to skin that defender in the second half in a breakaway attack.

The first half was quite good with us creating a number of chances. Despite having a good spell we weren't clinical enough. When we got down the sides there was often nothing in the middle to meet the cross.

Sheffield should have scored in their breakaway attacks when Dawson was left for dead in two separate foot races.

The second half was poor in that we played with fear, losing the second balls, and misplacing passes. Neto and Hwang didn't get into the game and we really missed cunha. We didn't concede due to Dawson repelling Sheffield's aerial assault winning several headers.

The fans were getting on the players in the second half. I sensed this contributed to some of the players making mistakes as they tried to get rid of the ball too quickly. Fans should have been encouraging the players. We were creating a bad atmosphere in the second half.

Man of the match was Sarabia who was excellent and I liked his interplay with semedo and gomes with great vision and speed of thought.

Honourable mentions to Ait nouri who also played well. Did everyone see that ball flick that put neto through on goal in the first half.

hollo

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Must admit haven't read all posts so could have been mentioned before but if in the summer we still need a No 9 Rhian Brewster would be a good shout.
If we want a striker who will shoot at the keeper.
I would prefer cameron archer

Tring Wolf

MolMix Poster of the Season Winner 2011-2012 and r
Reaction score
Nowhere near our best but a hugely important result.

Thought Sarabia, Semedo and Dawson were a 7 out of 10. Everyone else 5’s and 6’s. Was quite impressed with Ahmedhodzic and McAtee for them. Think they’ll have plenty of clubs after them next year.

Anyway, let’s put today’s performance behind us. A win against Brighton and we’re in for an incredibly exciting end to the season, and for completely different reasons to how I thought we would be back in August.

Monketron

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sheff Utd have bullied us in both games. Today we struggled to cope with their pace on the break and Ait-Nouri struggled in the air a bit at that far post/sideline. But a win's a win!

fleck1

Reaction score
Why does H Bueno not get any minutes any more? Really hope we don't sell him in the Summer, given the interest in him from Leipzig last year.
Don't know if it was just me but looked like he threw his bib and water bottle after the Doherty substitution. I'd imagine he's pretty frustrated came through performed well, picked up a couple of niggles and RAN has come on strong and he's now struggling for mins. Good young player but obviously at the moment RAN is flying

Summer_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Europa Confrence League Uefa GIF - Europa Confrence League Uefa Tottenham GIFs

JonahWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not for me. It was close and his arm wasn't abnormally placed. Let's just say though it would've been given against us when the refs were making a sport of shafting us... you know, before it reached national attention, and the referees mysteriously stopped shafting us overnight...
Quite. It’s at least as much of a pen as let’s say…Gomes at Luton.
But no, it should never have been given.

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Anel Ahmedhodžić impressed me. Almost ran through our defence until lemina took him out. Not bad for a central defender.
Larouche on the other hand was very poor for them.
McBurnie did ok.
Ahmedhodzic was impressive as was Hamer and McAtee. Both standout for poor team wasn’t they

brianm

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
By the way....a clean sheet today! Nothing to sneeze at. I know there were a couple of chances where something bad might have happened, but I think it was earned. xG of around 0.5 suggests Wolves would have been a bit unlucky to concede.

Hopefully this counts as a letdown from the Spurs game.

hollo

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yes Sheffield have some stand out players surrounded by mediocrity.

Corporate Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Nowhere near our best but a hugely important result.

Thought Sarabia, Semedo and Dawson were a 7 out of 10. Everyone else 5’s and 6’s. Was quite impressed with Ahmedhodzic and McAtee for them. Think they’ll have plenty of clubs after them next year.

Anyway, let’s put today’s performance behind us. A win against Brighton and we’re in for an incredibly exciting end to the season, and for completely different reasons to how I thought we would be back in August.
McAtee is a cracking little player.

Leemack

Reaction score
Same as most. Poor game and glad SUFC are an awful team and couldn't finish their chances.

Mr Masala tikka chips were lovely as usual and the Bovril was welcomed as it got colder. Game wise a moment of quality from us to finish and a second half to forget forever.

But 3 points is all that registers in history so onwards we go

Fenrir_

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We did not play well at all but I would rather play crap and win
than play well and lose.
Perhaps it is the sign of a really good team in the making
Depends how often you do it. Playing poorly and winning every now and then is fine as long as the playing poorly bit doesn't become a habit. Two years ago under Lage we were better off points-wise than we are now, but we were serving up football like today's second half week in week out and it was only ever going to go one way once our luck ran out. Under O'Neil it's a different kettle of fish entirely and thankfully the turgid football doesn't happen too much, on the whole we've been a pretty good watch and created chances so we can just look at today as an off day, where at least we got the points, rather than any indicator of what might be to come

Blackpool Wolf

Groupie
Reaction score
I agree with most of other comments - thing for me is that we all know that rarely are two halves of football the same, and that 1-0 is a very slender lead - SO why when we are on top do we not try and put game out of sight ? Far too much casualness in the first half after we scored. They were there for the taking, and even fighting amongst themselves.

Also, not sure Neto works so well on the left - he’s better on the right - and doesn’t get in RAN’s way there.

WolfInSheep'sClothing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sheffield united deserved squat from that game. That free kick summed up their performance.
We struggled to know what to do being one up against a side that seemed to have no desire to even try to score. Awful performance but I'm not having Sheffield united deserving anything from it. They lost most of the individual battles when it counted.

Bryce

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Wasnt a head injury or even a serious injury! He had cramp FFS!!! So it was pure gamesmanship!

They didn’t refuse the pen they knew wasn’t a pen…. So sorry, they didn’t deserve your sense of “fair play” we should have scored! We wouldn’t have had any issues or criticism from anyone in the media as it wasn’t even an injury let alone a serious one.

This is elite sport, not a school boy/sunday league match. You take all chances when on offer

Sorry, i applaud your sense of “fair play” but I hope that illusion isn’t shattered when the same is repeated to us like it happened before!!!
Fair enough.
So much about the game has changed in my life I cling on to the hope that “fair play” still means something even though I understand others may think me misguided or naive

Bryce

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He was very good and very direct today . Would be a decent option off the bench for us and not too expensive

Planty

Groupie
Reaction score

He was very good and very direct today . Would be a decent option off the bench for us and not too expensive
You boys on a windup? 0 goals 0 assists in 38 PL appearances. the most he's ever scored in a championship season is 3 goals

Werewolf of Wombourne

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
As I said to the bloke next to me we didn’t deserve to win the game but Sheffield United didn’t deserve a point either. 1 point to us and zero to them would have been an appropriate result.

WolfInSheep'sClothing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I would just like to make I just make it crystal clear, that the opposition deserve no praise.

Half of that game they needed to get a goal and they barely laid a glove. Their approach was to keep it tight, let us have the ball and hope they get something. I don't think if we played 180 minutes they would have scored. Yes we were awful and couldn't kill the game off, but let's face it, we didn't need to. And that is because of the quality of the likes of Rhian Brewster who's performance I am seeing being praised here.
Sheffield United put in a performance not too dissimilar to Crawley when they came up against us in the FA Cup the once.
They will be in league one in no time with a good chunk of these players.

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Brewster is garbage!!!! He hasn’t scored a premier league goal.

Archer is a much better shout from them.

Solanke at Bournemouth would also be a better option.

If you think Brewster is a good shout to sign. I will save you a chunk of change as Fabio is a significantly better player than him

Dorbelflunk

Reaction score
I would just like to make I just make it crystal clear, that the opposition deserve no praise.

I'd like to make it clear that that is your opinion, and that you're wrong.

Despite the gulf in quality shown particularly in the first half, we had two shots on target all game and they coped with our attacking threat well.

Going forward - and it's the old Premier League story - was their downfall. Awful end product. But to say they deserve no praise - what harm does it do?

Last edited:

Stourport wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Decency, fair play and doing the right thing is commendable in my opinion.

Back
Top Bottom