Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Sheff Utd verdict

Ditton Wolf

Reaction score
On a positive note Bellegarde scores his first goal and Lemina doesn't get booked so available for Spurs.

Back to the game we were poor. Its about game management take the point and move on but no play against the worst team in Pl and gift them 3 points.

bod101

Admin & No.4
Reaction score
Average first half. Didn't need three at back.

Appalling 2nd half.

Var looked for a penalty on three occasions to try and desperately find something.

Shouldve been a draw really on both halves performances.

Anyone blaming the result on Silva is frankly wrong the game should've been won in first half let alone the second.

Oldvic161

Groupie
Reaction score
Looked to me like an fa cup tie against a minnow, terrible conditions, one side were up for it, 1st to every ball, 2nd half we were woeful going forward. I didn’t think we deserved a point but that was never a penalty, twice now players pulling out of challenges have been kicked and had a penalty given against them, he was clearly on the way down looking for it. Just heard mike dean say his foot landed on the sheff Utd player, *******s.
Won’t define the season just like city won didn’t.

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
O'Neil needs to say that we will refuse to play Spurs unless a foreign referee is appointed*.

He also needs to call for Howard Webb to resign.

*I know we won't get a foreign ref. I know we won't actually not play. But he needs to make a bold statement

Hawkguy

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

For those saying it’s a penalty, out of 1400 votes here 90% say it isn’t, you’re in the minority I’m afraid, he was going down before the challenge, it’s simulation
Okay, sure... but we're also in the majority of the VAR officials. ;) It definitely looked to me like there was contact, maybe twice (I'm not sure if he got the toe after). It was a lot more obvious, to me at least, than last week.. when the contact was so meaningless.

If it was my rulebook? That would never be a penalty. You hear people talk about how soccer/football is a contact sport all the time... but the slightest contact is a penalty. It's as much of a contact sport as basketball is, lol.

At the end of the day - we we're giving points, no matter what, to one of the worst teams in the Premier League in a long time. We didn't deserve better, unfortunately. It was a putrid performance from tactics down to play.

Willywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
On a positive note Bellegarde scores his first goal and Lemina doesn't get booked so available for Spurs.

Back to the game we were poor. Its about game management take the point and move on but no play against the worst team in Pl and gift them 3 points.
It’s the wolves way. Sooner we correct that, the better off we will be.

Starsky

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Doubt we'll win another game until Pedro is back tbh.

Darvo

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We were poor second half and didnt deserve much from the game.

The lack of strength in squad depth was fully exposed today.

We need Neto back ASAP and we need him to stay fit … something he unfortunately struggles to do.

Bryce

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Utterly deflated
Pen was soft as ****
We never get those
Gift of points to an awful pile if ****e

maws

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Okay, sure... but we're also in the majority of the VAR officials. ;) It definitely looked to me like there was contact, maybe twice (I'm not sure if he got the toe after). It was a lot more obvious, to me at least, than last week.. when the contact was so meaningless.

If it was my rulebook? That would never be a penalty. You hear people talk about how soccer/football is a contact sport all the time... but the slightest contact is a penalty. It's as much of a contact sport as basketball is, lol.

At the end of the day - we we're giving points, no matter what, to one of the worst teams in the Premier League in a long time. We didn't deserve better, unfortunately. It was a putrid performance from tactics down to play.
I stopped reading once you typed soccer

Golden_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Genuinely not surprised by the result.

1st half should have been winning, 2nd half awful. Draw would have been fair.

Robbed again. Bored of it now. 4 **** pen decisions against us in 11 games.

Kcrusader

Groupie
Reaction score
All he had to do was clear the effing ball!!! Pratted around and paid the price.

Millsywolf22

Groupie
Reaction score
Talk sport ruining VAR for the decision....as bad as last week....ref coned....but we were still at our worse that 2nd half.
Same old VAR...BUT same old Wolves

Jamwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
What a cameo by Silva - almost gets sent off with his first flying lunge, misses a free header, then gifts a player facing the wrong way a penalty.
Mind you, we got what we deserved and I almost felt pleased for the home fans.
No complaints about the penalty itself, Fabio clipped him plain and simple.

Last edited:

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
****e. Only Lemina comes out of that with any real credit.

Never a penalty, in my eyes, the player was already going down anticipating the contact. But you could see Fabio was giving a pen away from the second he pulled out of the first clearance.

Not much else needs saying really apart from it really is terrible and worrying if you fall apart at the seams just because the opponent decides to come out and work a bit harder than in the first half. That was literally what threw us.

Matt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
You try being a Premier League Manager and getting us 5 games unbeaten… :rolleyes:

We are 7 points clear of the Drop Zone and yet your moaning!
We’ve just lost to a 99th minute penalty that shouldn’t have been awarded, after throwing in a horrendous performance against the worst team in the league. People are allowed to moan on an internet forum talking about football.

moseleyite

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
@IrchyWolf, can't seem to reply to your post but thanks for the stats... I'm most thankful that I missed the first half!

sedgwolf1980

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
What we ‘deserved’ is largely irrelevant. We have been full blown cheated yet again for the 4th time already this season.

This isn’t no victim complex, it’s an absolute scandal tbf. I would genuinely support the club if we just refused to play next game. What’s the point, seriously what is the ****ing point.

marrs-guitar

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We were poor second half and didnt deserve much from the game.

The lack of strength in squad depth was fully exposed today.

We need Neto back ASAP and we need him to stay fit … something he unfortunately struggles to do.
The squad is thin, but O'Neil made a right mess of his options today. I just don't see in what world you bring Bouba on and let Gomes sit on the bench.

Willywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

I’ll take the view of pros who have played the game and those who have officiated games who are saying it is another VAR **** up. If there is contact, firstly it’s minimal and there is more contact in the penalty area at free kicks and corners with players grappling, plus their player initiated the contact and was already heading to the turf. There is no doubt in my mind that this should not have stood.

That said, what a shambolic and dreadful second half from our boys. Sheff Utd were up for it, and our players wilted into the turf as if being compressed by the heavy rain.

maws

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The squad is thin, but O'Neil made a right mess of his options today. I just don't see in what world you bring Bouba on and let Gomes sit on the bench.
I thought traore was one of best players today!!!

Dorbelflunk

Reaction score
These results are part of being a wolves fan, but it doesn't make it hurt less. Thing about these results is you can't tell at the time if they are a fluke or the start of a rot.

Serious concerns about our squad depth.

Kashmire Hawker

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Deeply annoying defeat to listen to.

We were too passive to whack it when opportunities were there in the first half and a it was a lazy sounding second.

At least Jean-Ricner showed what he can do with a lovely crisp finish and is a good way to return from suspension and injury. Once fully up to speed, he will be a good player to have.

I am sure all will reflect and give it there all against Spurs next week!

And as for VAR and the Refs, I am not surprised in the slightest and I am afraid to say, that it won’t surprising if a silly fan made there view known in the coming weeks.

Jefe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

For those saying it’s a penalty, out of 1400 votes here 90% say it isn’t, you’re in the minority I’m afraid, he was going down before the challenge, it’s simulation
I agree it's similar to Hwang last week in that he pulls out and the opposition player goes down too easily. Unlike last week though, we were diabolically **** this week against a truly awful side, so I don't care to chew the fat about how much contact there was, we got what we deserved and there's no way around it. I think we had two meaningful shots on target against a side that concede three a game on average, it's simply not defensible.

Wolf 82

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
What we ‘deserved’ is largely irrelevant. We have been full blown cheated yet again for the 4th time already this season.

This isn’t no victim complex, it’s an absolute scandal tbf. I would genuinely support the club if we just refused to play next game. What’s the point, seriously what is the ****ing point.
I’ve never been one for conspiracy theories.. but for it to happen 4 times.. often enough for pundits and the like to talk about it.. it does seem more than suspicious.

Hawkguy

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I’ll take the view of pros who have played the game and those who have officiated games who are saying it is another VAR **** up. If there is contact, firstly it’s minimal and there is more contact in the penalty area at free kicks and corners with players grappling, plus their player initiated the contact and was already heading to the turf. There is no doubt in my mind that this should not have stood.

That said, what a shambolic and dreadful second half from our boys. Sheff Utd were up for it, and our players wilted into the turf as if being compressed by the heavy rain.
Funny that you don't take the view of coaches and or players when they've played or are playing the game though. Selective, are we? :tearsofjoy:

maws

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I agree it's similar to Hwang last week in that he pulls out and the opposition player goes down too easily. Unlike last week though, we were diabolically **** this week against a truly awful side, so I don't care to chew the fat about how much contact there was, we got what we deserved and there's no way around it. I think we had two meaningful shots on target against a side that concede three a game on average, it's simply not defensible.
We were much the better team first half, and wasted good opportunities, second half we were ****, a draw is a fair result on that balance

Tring Wolf

MolMix Poster of the Season Winner 2011-2012 and r
Reaction score
O'Neil needs to say that we will refuse to play Spurs unless a foreign referee is appointed*.

He also needs to call for Howard Webb to resign.

*I know we won't get a foreign ref. I know we won't actually not play. But he needs to make a bold statement

Knowing our luck, we’d get Jarred Gillett…

Back
Top Bottom